1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(xbox) usb flash drive ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DAROckets, Oct 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

So I heard about installing GTA onto a usb stick . I had an old 16gb cruzer and I bench marked it at around 18mb/s . Probably would have worked but decided to go grab something faster since they recommend 15mb/s minimum. So went and picked up a 32gig 3.0 that had 45mb/s read speed on the packaging . Just came home and tested it on my pc using 2 different programs and I'm only getting 18 ?

So I don't know if this is a limitation on the PC or do I maybe have a defective drive ? I don't know anything about 3.0 or if it will even work in the xbox and take advantage of the speed ?

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The only thing you can do is try it an see if it works (probably will). If it doesn't, you can always just use it for your PC.

I just bought the "official" SanDisk 16GB XBox flash drive. It was a little more expensive but it was already formatted for the console and guaranteed to work.

3. DAROckets

I think it will probably work but the concern is if I'm really getting the 45mb/s the drive claims ?

4. DAROckets

From what I can find it seems the 360 will use 3.0 but doesn't take advantage of the extra speed .

I bought a 32 gig lexar 3.0 that claims speeds of 45mb/s .. only paid $23 at office depot so as long as it works I guess it'll do . Gonna install the game now , had this thing sitting on my desk for weeks

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You'll only get those speeds with USB3.0

6. DAROckets

yea .. should have realized that when I bought it but listened to the sales guy .

Installed the install disc of GTA to that flash drive and it runs fantastic , haven't even put the play disc on the hard drive yet.