1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Im almost lvl 27 like one upgrade away. My friend played yesterday and was getting legendary after legendary. This game pisses me off. Plus he got an exotic weapon. I have yet to get one. I have put 60 hours on the game and he has put around 50. Bull**** that he gets all these random legendaries and i get ****....

2. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I added you yesterday, my GT is GuerrillaStench. I see that we are very close in rank (I'm currently at 24), so let me know if you want to work together on specific strikes or raids. For example, I would love to knock out some Queen's Wrath Missions tonight and over the weekend.

Please let me know if anyone else is interested in joining up for some Queen's Wrath missions tonight and over the weekend. Maybe we can coordinate 3 of us to knock some of these out.

3. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll be on this weekend and looking to do the weekly heroic strike. And, yeah, I'm up for Queen's Wrath missions. GT: MojoTrain.

Level 25 Warlock. The game is so much better and easier with a fire team.

4. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Awesome, I'll add you and I am most certainly down for the weekly heroic strike.

Looks like me (GuerrillaStench) and MojoTrain need 1 more. Let us know. Hookem, are you down to round out the team?

1 person likes this.
  5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Is it too late for me and some friends to buy this game? I feel like we're so late to the party that it's better to wait for the next one. Plus, COD actually looks playable for the first time in years, so that's not too far away. I need advice.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Why in the world would it be too late?

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Bc there are other games coming out soon that might be more interesting. I only have about 5 hours a week to play games. Had I bought the game when it first came out, it would be a different story...but at this point of time, I'm not sure if buying this game is worth it given the time I have and the games that are near release.

8. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I agree that a lot of great games are on the horizon; Shadow of Mordor is getting great reviews. But Sunset Overdrive and CoD, if they are your cup of tea, come out late October/early November. That gives you plenty of time to enjoy Destiny, at least in my opinion.

I see what you are saying about starting a step or two behind, but leveling up to 20 doesn't take entirely too long. Leveling up after that is based on the luck of the draw, so you could catch up real fast if you get lucky with some nice drops. I am never lucky when it comes to this kind of stuff, so I have been inching my way up, and I am just at level 24.

And if you have friends that will consistently get on and have a team of 3 that you can do strike missions and raids with, that makes the experience that much better. I am still hoping to find some consistent folks to team up with. So I would recommend this game to you regardless, but especially if you have a friend or two you can count on to team up with.

1 person likes this.
  9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It isn't entirely based on luck. You just can't trust the game for legendaries etc. I focused on crucible faction instead of the other ones (with vanguard as a secondary) and it hasn't let me down yet.

10. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Can you please elaborate and clarify for me? Or send me a link, and I'll gladly read up on it on my own.

Do you mean that you focus on doing Crucible stuff primarily, so you can complete those bounties and then level up your Crucible rank? I read that as a strategy, to basically choose either Crucible or Vanguard, so you can spend your time more efficiently (as opposed to splitting your time between the 2, which also takes longer to level up those respective ranks and takes longer to accumulate the respective marks. For example, so far this week I have spent my time about 80% crucible, so I earned 53 crucible marks thus far for the week. Is that what you mean?

And dumb question, but does joining one of the factions really make a difference? I see online that the options are: Future War Cult, Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, or Vanguard. I haven't joined one just yet, but what does joining one actually do? Probably a dumb question.

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the strategy is to use the marks to purchase the items you want and let RNG compliment the leveling process. It seems Bungie is pushing things that direction and moving the game economy to provide the best rewards for activities that involve other players, like strikes and raids.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Kind of. Here's the way I see it; at about level 16 (I can't remember) you can start earning Crucible or Vanguard marks. At level 20 you can buy one of the faction specific items for FWC/Dead Orbit/New Monarchy. That's several levels you could be dedicating faction to Crucible or Vanguard, then you have to completely start over for one of the special factions....and why?

The faction specific armor / weapons are all virtually the same as the Vanguard/Crucible ones. Sure they may be Black/White in the case of Dead Orbit, or have FWC written all over them...but does that really matter? Most people past level 20 always have an armor shader on, and I don't think any of the weapons or anything are better than the others.

I do everything. There is definitely an emphasis on Crucible for me (I tend to level faster cus I get a lot of kills, and thus complete bounties relatively quickly), it may work better to do Vanguard for others if you're better with PVE. With that said I don't see any point for the other factions right now, that's just me.

I definitely don't count on loot drops though, my first 2 legendaries were from ranking to level 2 for Crucible armor. I've gotten about 7-8 legendary engrams and all but 1 were rare items. I also bought an exotic this morning with strange coins. It's just smarter to focus on what you can control (working towards strange coins, motes of light, faction) rather than praying for loot drops until they fix them (they're broken right now imo).

***Special note***
    When you're in Crucible, I feel like you have a very high chance of getting rare armor etc. I leveled from 12-18 in about 1 night just from going to Crucible like crazy.
    Plus it seems like the worse you are, the better drops you get. Every time I've seen someone get a legendary or exotic item they've had an absolutely horrid score.

This.

13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Hey Reeko, I'm glad you joined our Fireteam. Keep an eye out for us next time as well. I know you are just a few levels below us, but since it gets harder to level up as you move up, you'll probably catch up to us in no time. Use the headset though, it makes it a ton easier for the team to communicate (that way Mojo can come bail me out and save the day, haha!)

I'm almost half-way on level 27. If there are others that play, I'd love to try and connect. Another Clutchfan (he's at level 28) and I are ready to try and get some raids going, so we are looking for consistent players to join us. If interested, add me, gamertag is GuerrillaStench, and send me a message and let me know you are from clutchfans.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Completed the raid for the first time with friends on PS4. My other friends are getting Xboxs at the end of the month, so I'll be starting a newbie warlock from scratch. Please add me, or I'll add y'all when I start playing more.

15. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

Lol such a whiner, my friend was like you too and now he has like the best exotic weapons in the game. Whiners always crying and crying and even when people like you get good stuff you still think its bad luck. Get to know RNG bro

16. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Any cfers want to put a VoG raid together? I'm a level 28 sun singer. My handle is kpo shizzle

17. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Yes. I am down, and I don't like to speak for others, but I also know of 1 other cfer that would be interested. That gets us halfway at 3. My gamertag is GuerrillaStench, I'll add you soon.

18. mushroomface

mushroomface Member

I just got myself an Xbone (Mostly for Master Chief Collection), and got this game to go along with it. My gamertag is MuShRoOmFaCe, feel free to add me.

19. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I'm only level 22. When I get more time to play and level up I'd be down to join.

20. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I know them feels....

This is from two weeks ago. Lev 28, maxed out my main and sub class. Lev 4 Vanguard and Lev 3 Crux, completed VOG 3 times, completed all the weekly challenges 3 times and I think I only got 2-3 legendary drops...which were the same legendary items I already had.

All of my armor is vanguard gear and my legendary weapons are lucky blue engrams or queens wrath mission.

For the amount of time I put into this game, I feel that I am extremely unlucky compared to a lot of other people I've played with. Really discouraging.