1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Good morning my fellow Clutchfans. We are having an impromptu raid run tonight, and we might need 1 or 2. "Might" is the key word, but if you are interested and can start the raid tonight in the 9:00-9:30 cst range (it all depends when I put my little ones to bed), then please let me know. If we end up needing a few to make 6, we will definitely reach out to you.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I emailed you, unfortunately tonight is our "clear" night for the weeklies. Doubley so, since we'll all be tied up this weekend; need dem coins for Friday.

3. Christopher

Christopher Member

Just finished Crota and got the body armour. Now I just need the ascendant shards to upgrade it and the gloves and I'll be level 32. Easier said than done! Really wanted the raid helmet but I'll give it another try next week. I only have one character but I'm thinking I'll start another just to farm Crota for shards.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You can also do the Vault if you're trying to get shards.

5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

That's great to hear Christopher. If you need shards, you can always join our raid run tonight, in case we need 1 more. How about it Christopher, help your Clutchfan brethren out, haha! Out of curiosity, what time will 9:30pm cst be in Australia? A quick search gives me 2:30pm.

6. Christopher

Christopher Member

The ones that upgrade the Crota Raid gear are in the VoG too? I didn't know that. Don't the vault a few times this week and it's giving me garbage! :grin:

7. Christopher

Christopher Member

Sorry mate I was out like a light. Sporting a nice hangover now!

If you see me on and playing destiny just flick me a message. If I've got the time I'll help you lot out any time.

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

somebody invited me to play a little bit ago...stickem maybe? i think it was telling me i need the expansion to play though. i don't have it yet...going to wait until i at least get to level 26 and do the vault of glass raid.

i've been stuck just trying to upgrade...do the daily each day usually...its taking forever finding blue/purple engrams. so who knows how long it might take.

but not seeing much point in getting the expansion quite yet if i'm such a low level

#368 FlyerFanatic, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This game is too expensive... I'm done. Not worth expansion since it is just useless leveling and gear collecting. I miss halo... Bungie lost me on this. How was this crap a good idea??

10. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

haha looks to be the way games are heading unfortunately.

all about the expansion/micro purchasing these days.

look at the MMORPG's on PC, their expansions/items make a killing

same with mobile games...clash of clans...candy crush...etc...people eat that up and pay for the in game purchases.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You may not like it, but there's a lot of people who do.

12. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

so what am i missing here in terms of acquiring new gear/leveling up faster?

been stuck at level 24 forever. keep running into blue/green engrams..none that increase my light armor.

what seems to be the quickest way to level up? strikes? crucible?

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Far Cry 4 outclasses Destiny. Glad I made the switch.

14. YourSecretLover

Start earning those Vanguard/Crucible marks and build up their reputation by doing bounties. This way you can purchase any legendary gear you need.

Another thing to note as the Exotic armor. Try to earn strange coins to purchase exotic armor from Xur who only appears in the tower Friday and Saturday. The best way to get Strange coins for your level is to do one public event in patrol each day. When you do a public event, a package goes straight to the postmaster that contains a Mote of Light or a Strange coin.(Limit 1 per day)

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lol on that one.

Secretlover explained it fairly well, but I'll explain it very simply: you can only level past 24 with legendary or exotic items.

16. ketchupNmustard

Anyone wanna be my Destiny bro?

I've gotten bored with it and am lingering at level 13 hunter, but still have dreams of becoming a bladedancer....add me FatTony832

17. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

alright. any quick ways to go about it getting those marks quicker? looking at my vanguard marks...i'm only about halfway to level 2 vanguard...looks like you need to get to 2000...i can't even buy gear from my vanguard person until then haha.

seems typical bounty is either 50 rep or 100 rep. a lot of grinding headed my way haha

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

you can also get strange coins by doing the weekly heroic.. the first level is 3, middle 6, highest 9 coins.

19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes... a lot of grinding.

Do weeklies (and nightfall). The weekly gives you a lot of rep. Public events and patrol missions also award vanguard rep (the patrol bounty is only 50 rep, but each patrol mission awards at least 10 additional rep, sometimes over 30 rep).

You basically have to do the bounties everyday. At the very least, pick up the 100 rep bounties and knock them out when you get time. It will add up over the course of a week.

And knock out strikes from the strike list (25 rep/32 if you have done the nightfall). It is still grind-y, but those things will get you both the marks and the rep. A little RNG on your side will help. The other benefit is that as the cryptarch levels up from decoding blue engrams, you get a lotto ticket for armor from the cryptarch package. But it is still RNG based so....

If you have the DLC, Eris will give you legendary gauntlets, so you will be covered there. Then it is just getting the other amor pieces, one of which you can be an exotic you buy from Xur. Definitely buy a piece from Xur. Leveling up an exotic will bump you a level or two. No reason not to have one.

What is even grinder is attaining Crucible rep. That requires grinding out bounties and playing crucible. And from what I can tell, there are no other sources of Crucible rep.

20. YourSecretLover

To get vanguard marks quick, just farm public events in the cosmodrone by using destinypublicevents.com. The site is usually accurate give or take 5 mins since no public event is on a precise timer. Each public event gives you 4 marks I believe(along with other goodies). If you are efficient enough, you can do 5-8 public events in an hour witch is around 30 marks. You can do Vanguard strike playlist as well, the higher the level, the better rewards you get. I think farming public events is more time-efficient if you know how to plan and a little bit of luck. The grind is real in this game.

As for crucible marks, theres not really a faster way to get them. Just try to win for 3 marks instead of 2.

You can also get strange coins for doing the Weekly Heroic Strike as somebody mentioned before, but the reason I didn't mention it in my earlier post was because you might be slightly underleveled as a level 24 and the strike is level 26 as the lowest I believe(not entirely sure on this since I always do it on hardest difficulty lvl 30).