1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. YourSecretLover

the new strikes are difficult but i find them more fun that way. Just beat Crota in the raid, pure epic.

2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

xbox name is: sacrificebunts

i'm only level 14 right now...i guess you gotta reach level 20 or something before the other stuff kicks in. so just keep it in mind...but once i hit 20...i'll post in this thread

edit: anyone who wants to add me on xbox live go for it...playing with fellow clutchfans should be fun

#282 FlyerFanatic, Dec 13, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  3. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

so i'm up to level 18...

whats this xur dude i've read about? i actually ran into him last night in the plaza area.

is that the dude that only shows up on weekends or whatever.

also looks like i can start the strike playlist now...anyone wanna team up for that?

#283 FlyerFanatic, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  4. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

ive yet to do the VoG raid, when youre ready send me an invite because i want to do it.. gt:stickemAM

5. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i got my first piece of exotic gear from xur, the voidfang vestments (chest armor). then immediately after that i earned a legendary engram that encrypted as an exotic piece of chest armor, the starfire protocol.. wtf.. i feel like i wasted my strange coin, or i wonder if the exotic drop was triggered by the purchase.. im sure everyone has been trolled by destinys engram decryption system.. i have 2 legendary titan helmets, legendary hunter helmet, gauntlet, and cloak.. i dismantled the titan gear but if i make a new character im going with a hunter and keeping the legendary gear.

6. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

level 20!

few questions:

1. now the objective is to just acquire gear with "light" right? thats how you now level up. how do you go about that? just do the strikes/raids?

2. how do you do the daily raids/nightfall raids and such?

7. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

quick heads up...

went ahead and added quite a few of you on xbox live.

sacrificebunts is the name

8. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

My GT is GuerrillaStench, and I added both you and benchmoochie (GT is dallas dws ftw). I think we are already friends seclusion, but I haven't had the pleasure of linking up for Destiny just yet.

Keep an eye out for my add friend invite (I still haven't figured out the Xbox One friends system)!

I was able to get to level 31 this past weekend. I also bought the upgraded Ice Breaker, so I am in the process of getting that maxed out as well.

I wanted to see if we can't get another strong Clutchfans group together and attack this Crota raid.

I had a great time when we got a Clutchfans group for the first raid together. Met a few people that are still good teammates. If we try and meet up at around 9pm Friday night, who would be down for it? Not trying to be rude, but I say we'll roll with 30s and 31s (31s being preferable obviously). Not only that, but upgraded weapons are very important too. We can tweak the time and the day as necessary. What say you Clutchfans?!

9. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

think xbox one friends is kind of like twitter...just adding a friend is kind of like following them. they'll see you were added and then can decide to add you as well or not.

up to level 22...so can't get into the raids yet...soon enough

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yes, Xur spawns on Fridays / Saturdays and let's you buy or upgrade exotic lootz.

1. Yep. Just keep doing what you've been doing. You can get +light armor from simply pvping in crucible all day if it's what you enjoy.
    2. Those aren't raids, there's only 2 raids: Vault of Glass and Crota's End. Those are just missions, specifically the daily is called the daily heroic, or whatever. The distinction is that Raids are for 6 people, and everything else is for 3. You will see an icon for them on the left side of your screen when you're choosing your destination. The level cap was raised so you need to be 27+ for the nightfall, and for the weeklies I believe you need to be at least 24, it may be higher now.

#290 seclusion, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm not sure what my plans are like for Friday, if I'm free I'd be down. With that said I'd prefer to bring my friend along regardless -- although I'd like to think we can get him to 30 or close by then. He's a sliver from 29, and I'm a sliver from 30. It also depends on his schedule a bit, if the Mavericks are playing (unless it's an away game) he will be unavailable -- but I'll look into it. We actually might try the old raid again tonight since we both have much better loot now.

12. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

can i get stuff in crucible if i suck? i mean i'm absolutely terrible at FPS multiplayer games.

also starting to think this game is designed for you to basically start out with someone who is going to be your partner for the majority of your time playing

trying to do the level 22 daily mission and its the final boss one...so 3 statue dudes come to life...not sure anyway i can beat that myself...can use 1-3 players i think it says but i know of no one who plays or is at level 22 like me.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Crucible tends to reward the worst player. Exotics and legendaries drop in pvp at times, and 8/10 times it's the dude in last place. In other words, absolutely.

Not necessarily, but the game is certainly more fun with others.

In general if you feel that you're not as skilled as most you want to keep the missions a level below you. They get difficult, and at times can be very hectic. Especially if you're solo.

Www.destinylfg.net

If you ever want people to play with, it's very easy to find some on that site.

14. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

just tried crucible matches....yeah...pointless...one of the bounties is play 5 rumble matches...i killed 1 guy in 5 matches. by not killing anyone i get no upgrades.. apparently because nothing shows up. i'm not exactly sure why their matchmaking system allows guys who are level 30-31 playing level 23 guys...seems dumb...and unfair

time to rethink if i wanna continue playing the game.

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

anyone up for a weekly strike?

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I noticed you joined my fireteam the other day...wasn't mic ed up . was just doing patrols.

17. benchmoochie

did it 3 times today. I did it once with two other members of 30 and 31 on level 30. was normal level 30 hard. but here is the interesting part.

I also did it with seclusion and another person. so ranked 30+, 29 and 28+ on supposedly level 26; it wasn't a normal 26. it was bungie edited to about a 28.

Then I did it with a 31, myself 30+ and a 25+ on level 24. Again it wasn't a 24. it was edited to a 30 or so.

I think Bungie ramped up the difficulty if you have someone of lower level with higher levels so the higher level people can't just blow through it.

18. benchmoochie

actually. Your thinking is off. Please read explanation below.

** What you need to do is go to the bounty guy and get crucible bounties. Upon completion of bounties, the reputation for crucible increases. More rep allows you to rank up. Also upon completion of match the following happens:

(1) earn crucible marks (2 for a loss/3 for a win). These marks are redeemable at a certain crucible level (2 for armor/ 3 for weapons) to buy from the crucible vendors

(2) crucible reputation. more rep allows you to rank up the crucible level. each new level gives you a reward (motes of light, shards etc )

(3) after game rewards. I got one decent hand cannon, shaders, (THESE ARE RANDOM ASSIGNMENTS). I've seen the worse person get cool stuff and the best person get cool stuff at the end.

I wouldn't get discouraged if you didn't get anything, because it is random. I've only seen a few legendary stuff fall. Often it's rare level which would help anyone <20

19. benchmoochie

Unless you are playing iron banner, the normal matches have level advantages turned off. the only truly disadvantage is a person's gun. (ie some level 30 guy has a fusion rifle that's attack 331 and you are using some scout rifle with attack 120) you will lose because your rate of fire and damage sucks compared to his gun.

20. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

ehh...also its not very fun running around for 10 minutes and dying non stop either.

i was never very good at halo team death match either...just never been good at the FPS. i don't know what what it is do/don't do but its a bummer because i feel like this means i'm losing half of the game at this point.

doing no crucible bounties means leveling up takes that much longer. like getting 10 headshots with a rifle i think is one...i'll never achieve that...if i do get it...it'd take me months probably (and pure luck that i got a head shot)

i know i can always just discard certain bounties...but i assume most crucible bounties are going to ask for a certain amount of kills or whatever...its one thing to get bounties for just playing 5 matches of a certain game mode. to actually having to perform lol