1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeeeep.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Can someone explain to me why Destiny gets so much hate? Ive only watch videos here and there on Youtube and Twitch, so I dont have enough experience to understand why so many people around the internet think the game sucks. You guys all seem to enjoy it and a buddy of mine that recently purchased also has been having a great time with it. What gives?

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The story isn't really worthwhile, the pvp while addictive is missing a lot of options, and it's very grindy while you're running through the same areas repeatedly. It's a very fun game, but it isn't without its' flaws.

4. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

So given that Destiny is a fun game, is it more fun than Cod (I know, Cod comes out every year blah blah blah)? I hear this year's Cod has a lot going for it, and I just picked up an xbox one the other day and am going to pick up dragon age and one other game, trying to decide about the second

#264 BigBird, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I believe Best Buy currently has a Buy 2, Get 1 Free program going on. If so, why not purchase both Dragon Age and CoD, and get Destiny for free? Boom! Win-win right there.

6. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

This week, yes. I believe Bungie said that they will cycle through the weekly strikes, so there will be weeks where the DLC is not necessary to do them, but then, like this week, there will be weeks where you will need the DLC, or you are out of luck.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ok. I'm finally ready do them strike tonight. Holla at ya boy

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Finally got my first exotic weapon on xbox (Truth), need 15 more strikes to work on the last leg of Bad Juju. I also managed to not get titan loot from an exotic engram for once (Apotheosis Veil, exotic Warlock helm). All in all a good morning for me.

I also picked up the urn for one strange coin, apparently that quest results in a pair of +33 (level 31) light gloves.

I'm also really close (about 700-1k on both) away from rank 3 on vanguard and crucible. Really looking forward to buying a legendary primary finally.

9. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i was skeptical at first...but i'm enjoying it after about a week with it.

its basically world of warcraft but in a halo setting.

you get "bounties" which are basically "quests" in WoW. helps you level up your guy.

so yeah you spend a fair bit of time just going back and forth between a few destinations and doing missions.

basic premise is: go to spot on the map...kill a bunch of enemies...go to another spot...kill a bunch of enemies...then after that a big boss comes out...which takes awhile to kill because they can take a lot of hits.

people can find that repetitive...can't say i blame em. i've never been one to care about a story in games as much.

like i said only about a week since i've got it, so who knows maybe i get sick of it eventually too.

it does have the standard multiplayer modes, so you can always play that.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Did the weekly. What a beat down that was. Anyone do the Weekly Nightfall mission this week?

11. benchmoochie

hey, dallas dws ftw here. We are pretty close in rank. except im close to level 5 on vanguard and 3 on crucible. I run a maxed out sunsinger ( have voidwalker) but prefer sunsinger.

I just started on the bad juju exotic item. I think it's a 9 step process though.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, it's a pain. I have all of this stuff on my PS4, I just started over for friends. The hardest part is just doing the 25 strikes. Everything after that is easy street.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Did the weekly, and yeah it was awful. We didn't try the nightfall since one of our group was below the level limit. He leveled up a couple times this morning thanks to Xur, so hopefully we can try tonight.

#273 seclusion, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  14. benchmoochie

The multiplayer on COD I think is the biggest attraction where as on Destiny the multiplayer is just something to do to help you level up armor and guns.

The multiplayer is more detailed on COD and hence more fun. But the overall gameplay of Destiny is more complex and fun in my opinion.

15. benchmoochie

There is a trick around the "level limit". The people that can enter start the mission. Then after you guys spawn into the area, your friend does "join fireteam" and arrives. We were doing the weekly, and our friend did that and was allowed to enter and complete the mission. He got the engrams and 9 coins also, so we know it worked properly. I assume they will fix this eventually.

16. benchmoochie

what I like to do is the weekly (gives 2) nightfall (gives 3) and the 24 level easy strikes or whatever is the lowest just to knock it out and get the 6 marks per strike or whatever it is.

17. benchmoochie

all the strikes this week are the beatdown "beat omnigul" task on varying difficulty levels. The level 30 strike is not too fun.

18. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

few questions for this newb..

1. how do i join a fireteam or a fireteam chat or whatever...was just running around doing some strikes i think they're called..and a dude pointed/danced and entered a chat...but no idea how to do any of those things. how do i dance and what not.

i know by default its selected to friends only or something in the settings...i turned that off...but still not sure how it works.

also if you join a fireteam are you stuck with that team forever and ever or...i need to google this haha

2. do you guys typically just start dismantling weapons (non exotic of course) as you get better weapons? i know you can have a handful...but i've been dismantling lower level weapons after awhile.

#278 FlyerFanatic, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  19. benchmoochie

You hit second button. On controller. I call it start button. Then roster then you can invite someone. Or join your friends

20. benchmoochie

I dismantle everything not legendary at this point. And you can leave s fireteam at any point. What's your Xbox name ?