1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm down (mojo). Time?

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

730 tonight. Tag: kpo shizzle

Thanks reeko, but probably should get to 26 before you can do enough damage in the raid

3. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thanks for the invite kpo, but I can't make 7:30. I get online only after the little ones are sleeping, so 9:00-9:30 is the earliest for me. Sorry man, and I was really looking forward to completing the raid again.

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm PST and that is too soon for me. Sorry.

5. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

I appreciate the heads up. I think we had to move it up because its a work night--the other day staying up til 3 am was a killer at work the next day.

Let's see if we can try again this weekend...maybe even hard mode! :)

6. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Completely understand. With me now having a fully maxed out Atheon's epilogue, as well as an Ice Breaker (and Mojo being stronger than me across the board), I think we can knock out the Raid in 1-2 hours, probably closer to 1 than 2. If we start at 9 or 9:30, I think we finish early enough for even a work night. In case you guys schedule another run, please let me know, and hopefully we can figure out a time that works for all of us. Thanks kpo.

7. YourSecretLover

Exotic Weapons I have
    - Vex Mythoclast
    - Ice Breaker
    - Suros Regime
    - MIDA Multi-Tool
    - Gjhallarhorn
    - Patience and Time
    - Thorn
    - Bad Juju
    - Pocket Infinity
    - Super Good Advice
    - Hawkmoon
    - Invective
    - Thunderlord
    - Truth

Exotics I still need
    - Fate of All Fools(not obtainable by normal means)
    - Universal Remote
    - Plan C
    - Hardlight
    - The Last Word
    - Monte Carlo
    - Red Death

8. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

That's impressive. Care to join us on some VoG raids, haha? So Mojo and I ended up teaming up with some complete randoms last night, and we just plowed through the entire raid in 55 minutes. Going in with a better idea of what is going on, plus equipped with stronger weapons (Atheon's Epilogue is ridiculous in the VoG) does wonders. This wasn't even an established team we joined. I think the group of 6 ended up being 3 different pairs of friends. But they all obviously knew what they were doing.

Now that I am just about leveled up, and comfortable with my weapons of choice for the VoG, I'd like to try and knock it out more and more frequently. I still haven't received any raid armor, so I will have to complete it a bunch of times to eventually get all the gear I need to get to level 30. Personally, I'd like to get to 30 before the December expansion.

I know we've teamed up with kpo's crew before, I know Reeko has expressed interest and is almost there level-wise, I know seclusion and his buddy are close too, Deagle - you know you are always welcome, and lastly I know I can count on Mojo to do some serious damage - he just got Atheon's Epilogue from the raid last night, so it will be a breeze for him. There is also a pair of clutchfans that reached out to me offline, and they are always welcome to join in on the raid fun too.

Out of our group (which is suddenly expanding nicely), I think we can consistently get a group of 6 strong that can mow down the raid in about an hour. Full disclosure, for planning purposes, I can get on between 9:00-9:30 cst at the earliest. Also, since Mojo is on the west coast, I think that works for him too. But I am thinking that even if we start at 10, and we can knock it out by 11, even on the work night that should be fine for most. Getting it down to a science makes the entire raid surprisingly easy. Let me know if you are interested.

9. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Seclusion, which gun is better and why: Thorn or The Last Word? I'm on the last objective for the Thorn bounty, and as you stated in the PS4 thread, Xur has The Last Word for sale. I'll probably end up with both, but if you had to pick just 1, which one is it, and why?

Also, where are you and your friend at level wise? Mojo and I are going to try and tackle the raid on Hard today or tomorrow.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The last word, easily. Thorn is okay for PVP, and garbage for everything else. (still do the quest, cus the gun will be updated...some day?)
    In fact, I'm a little pissed at myself, because I wanted that gun more than anything and I can't even afford it on my PS4. I have like 2 coins...I'd have to run the weekly challenge on both my characters at 28 just to get to 20 coins. Looks like I'm missing out on this one.

Thorn only has 6 shots, and the dot effect doesn't stack with itself. So if you shoot someone, it runs its' course, then you can have the effect again. It can 2 shot in PVP if both shots are a headshot, but in PVE it's really crappy.

The last word is just damage all day, especially when hip firing (not having to ADS to shoot someone is a major boon in pvp). It also has a larger clip. The (or at least he was last I checked) person in first place for pvp in all of Destiny said the last word was the best gun for pvp atm.

We're both lvl 20, but I didn't play yesterday or the day prior. Hopefully we can be in raid range in the next week or so.

11. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thanks for the response brother.

12. YourSecretLover

I don't mind joining my fellow clutchbros for raids. I actually am playing Destiny on the PS4 though(was lazy to look up the PS4 thread) but I can give some advice and tips. The best raid weapon IMO is the Vision of Confluence. It is arguably the best weapon in the game(even better than the exotics). It is a Scout Rifle that can fire auto mode while doing solar damage. Great range, stability and impact. You have 19 rounds of ammo but you can upgrade it to 27 rounds. The best part is that it is not a exotic itself so I like to use it with my IceBreaker to solo(sometimes) the nightfall. Atheon's Epilogue is a good gun but I find the impact/damage and range to be lacking and prefer VoC. Another great raid weapon is the Fate Bringer(arc damage handcannon) which only drops in the hard raid. I heard a lot of great things about the Pradeyths(sp?) Timepiece(arc damage pulse rifle, only obtainable in hard) but thats the only raid weapon I don't have.

If you want to level up to 30 faster and if you are not interested in playing all the classes. Make 3 characters of the same class so you can run the raid 3 times a week for a higher chance of them to drop for that particular class. The raid helmet only drops when you beat Atheon on hard. I'm actually at the point where I don't do the normal version of the raid anymore. If you go straight to hard without doing normal, you will get double drops.

For me, it took me about 12-15 raids for my first raid piece to drop and about 20 raids to complete my set. Some of my friends were more fortunate than I was and got their raid set in like 3 raids. So luck is a huge part in terms of loot in this game. I consider myself a veteran of the raid by now. I know all the tricks, glitches, and the secrets known so far.

I'm glad Xur is selling the Last Word. Now I just need 5 more exotics to complete my collection.

13. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

this could go in either of the destiny threads....but go with this one.

i've been thinking about getting a xbox one...i'm curious about this game though.

i've looked a handful of reviews/gameplay videos.

what exactly sets this game apart from say... a halo?

is there something i'm missing that takes this game to another level?

or is it not better than halo?

its kind of like a MMORPG right? online/leveling up stuff...but in terms of gameplay/controls anything that sets it apart?

#213 FlyerFanatic, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  14. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

hey brah.. ps4 lvl29 titan over here.. what's your psn? I added a few of the clutchfans brahs but only play with one.
    Psn: juvini87.

15. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

anyone?

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sorry, I figured someone would respond to you.
    It's definitely not Halo. The story is unimpressive. The gunplay is very much like Halo, and is awesome and a lot of fun.

The reviews in my opinion do not do the game justice, and almost never account for the end game Raid (which I think is very well done, and unique to this game space) because it was implemented after reviews.

It's very much a combination of MMO and FPS gameplay. It's not an MMO because the most you'll ever truly interact with (other than at the Tower which is where all the quest NPCs are etc) is about 6v6 or so. Raids are tuned for 6 players.

What sets it apart is choice, there are several classes to choose from, and each has 2 sub classes (will eventually be 3). Then you have the loot.

Once you hit level 20 you can then use legendary and exotic gear (you can only have 1 exotic weapon and armor piece equipped at any time, making them the most powerful), and getting to level 30 is entirely about acquiring loot.

I'm still playing the game, and I love it very much. Others...not so much. As you can see though, a lot of people still play it. The expansion next month should add quite a bit including a new raid. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions I'm happy to answer those as well.

17. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

appreciate the response man....i guess the other question is...how is the online/multiplayer?

assuming it has what most FPS have...CTF, team death match, king of the hill etc?

yeah the reviews seem to really say its kind of meh...seems to me thats probably because it was hyped too much and it just disappointed?

though i guess one of the biggest complaints i see about the loot is its randomly generated...and so you could spend hours upon hours playing and never get legendary equipment and stuff.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Multiplayer is fun. You have 1 character that you take into PVE and advance, that's the same character that goes into multiplayer with you. You also have a super ability, and movement abilities and what not (Like hunter's maxed out can triple jump, warlock's have a short range teleport...stuff like that).

There's TDM (clash), Control (which is more like hard point than KotH, but kills count too. For each point [3] you control, you get bonus points for kills), Rumble (FFA), skirmish (3v3, and you can revive people). There's another couple game types that pop in every once in awhile; Salvage, and something like big team battle with vehicles. Salvage is kind of like CTF, there's relics that you move around. Someone else will be able to explain salvage better than me, I've never played it.

There's also events like Iron Banner which (the fixed one that is coming next week anyway) is multiplayer only, and the stats of your armor and weapons fully comes into play.

They also stealth added gametypes today which people believe to be the same as the others, but without radar. (thxulawd)

People were expecting it to be the next Halo, and it isn't. That doesn't make it bad either, I think Destiny 2 will be amazing. I'm really excited for the expansions as well. The story is disappointing, and I believe they will work on that. There's actually quite a bit of very interesting background story, but they force you to go to the companion app for it. It's not in game cinematics and what not, that was definitely part of their screw up.

As for the loot, they've significantly increased drop rates across a few patches. It's not a perfect loot system, but there are several ways to approach it such as getting faction points which will allow you to buy legendary gear, and collecting strange coins which buy you exotics. I assure you, if you play long enough you will have lots of cool ****. It doesn't take long to level either, my friend just got the game and was level 20 within a week. If he played a large amount he'd be higher.

19. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

again, thanks seclusion.

i'm just more worried about replay value...so many reviews i've seen read...seems people really don't like the repetitive/grinding nature of the game.

i think i'll probably give it a shot though.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Some like it, some don't. The game encourages exploring, if you're the type that runs through campaign on a game and you're completely done with it forever you likely won't be interested. If you're the type of person who likes to stop and sniff the roses, and look around -- I think you'll be hooked. If you like mmos, and you like shooters...you'll definitely be into it.

For example: In regards to the aforementioned strange coins which buy you exotics -- the npc (Xur) only spawns on Fridays and Saturdays. It's almost like a mini-christmas. You won't get stuff like that in any other shooter right now.