1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox Live Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DCkid, Nov 15, 2002.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Does anyone have it yet? Are the updated rosters for NBA2K3 already online and ready to be downloaded? The updated rosters are the only reason I really want Xbox Live, so it kinds of sucks that you're forced to pay $50 just for that, and it only lasts one year. I assume their renewal rate after a year will not be the full fifty frickin' bucks.

By the way, I remember there was a thread a while back about PS2 owners forming an "online league" to play NBA2K3 in. I might be interested in that if there are enough people to form an "Xbox league."

2. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I have it and Dave2000 does also, we were beta testers.

I don't know much about the updated rosters for NBA2K3, I haven't played it. I have only played Whacked and MotoGP Demos. Both were pretty cool. The roster updates will be available in all of the Sega sports games. 50$ isn't that much for a whole year - 4$ a month.

I can't wait to play Ghost Recon though.

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The roster updates are available for the PS2 so I would assume that they are for the XBOX as well.

On the roster update I downloaded Yao Ming was on it and Eddie seems to be much better.

Also, I don't have an XBOX but I think I read somewhere that if you know somebody with XBOX Live they can download it and you can transfer the updated roster to your machine. You can do this with the memory card on the PS2.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'll join the Xbox league once I get my Xbox back :(

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Hey! That $4 could buy me a full meal at Taco Bell! :D
    Seriously though, if I knew I was going to use it a lot I would have no problem paying the $50, but for a couple measly roster updates it wouldn't be worth it.

Cool! I gotta look into that. Thanks.

6. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

I bought the Xbox live the day it came out, and like most, I bought it for the roster updates.

Sadly, so far there have been no roster updates from what I know. Hopefully they will come by the end of the month (Xbox the Magazine is supposed to place a roster update program for NBA 2k3 for those without Xbox live.)

So far I've played probably about 5 scrimmages, and 3 ranked games.

I'm 1-2 right now, I beat the last guy by like 34 points, so I think I'm getting better :D. Until the next roster updates, I've decided to not play with the Rockets (Iso's are so boring) and have played teams that have some good basic plays (like the Pacers, a nice pick and roll, and then a nice 3pt screen for Reggie - who I avg like 38 pt with :D )

Anyways, I think it would be great if we could actually get some sort of league started.

Though I think the real reason that they haven’t put in the roster update yet is because they want to make sure they have an accurate representation for their ratings. For instance Yao Ming after his last game should be given a very high rating in FG Percentage.

#6 HotRocket, Nov 18, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2002
  7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I heard that they are going to do the roster updates anyday now. At first I heard it was suppose to be out there once Live launched, but so far no go. I even tried just now and its still not there. I guess we just have to be patient with Sega. The best site I would suggest to get Live info is here

TeamXBox Forums

Also, whats yall gamertags? Wouldnt mind playing a few games with yall. Post them up so I can add yall to my Friends List. I got Sonny on there, so bring it on!!! BTW, mine is Dave2000.

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I haven't bought Xbox Live yet, but you guys gotta go easy on me. I don't have NBA 2k3 yet either.