1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[XBOX 360] MLB 2K13 (Astros and MMP specific)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by eric.81, Mar 8, 2013.

1. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I apologize in advance if this belongs in the Baseball/Astros forum.

Here's the deal, I love playing baseball on my Xbox 360, but the 2k series obviously leaves a lot to be desired. Before I buy 2613, I would love to hear some feedback.

So last year when I bought 2k12, I first went to the Astros and improved them dramatically, spending almost an hour fixing up their roster. Then I went to play my first game at MMP and noticed that the idiots at 2k didn't change their rendering of our ballpark... specifically, the video board in dead center was still operating and the old orange scoreboard over right field was still the old orange scoreboard (and not the super-duper video board that's there now). I was pissed. As a Houston sports fan, I share our inferiority complex especially how it relates to our team's coverage in the press... and this slight was just a slap in the face.

My question to those who own this new version (2k13): has Minute Maid Park finally been updated to show our sparkling, now 2 year old video board? I went onto YouTube and found some gameplay videos of 2k13 posted on there, and they show the Stros in our new uniforms but show MMP with the OLD SCOREBOARD! Conversely, I went to a video of MLB The Show and, of course, their rendering of MMP is perfect and up-to-date.

#1 - Please tell me I just watched some bad YouTube videos and this problem has been corrected on 2k13.

#2 - If it hasn't been corrected... WTF? Why should I even shell out the $60 if they can't get my favorite team's stadium rendered correctly?

Thanks Clutchfans, as always.

2. 713

713 Member

The Show is miles better then 2k13

3. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

I didn't pay enough attention to that but I know there many problems with our roster, the players still have the old astros logo hat and also many players on the team this year have have hats from previous teams. Justin Maxwell for example still has new York hat while he served all year on our team, its just frustrating because it's 2k12 with the smallest of roster update and the astros in the AL. We don't even have any of our top prospects, none of them.are in the game.

1 person likes this.
  4. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

So dissapointing. Why did MLB sign an exclusive agreement with the clowns again? And when does said contract run out? Ugh... I guess those are questions for "The Google."

713: Of course The Show is miles better. I'd own it right now if I had a PS# instead of an Xbox 360.

If anyone could comment on the MMP scoreboard sitch, I'd appreciate it. Will be hitting Walmart at roughly 6 pm tonight to (maybe) purchase this game.

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I think the exclusive deal is over, but not sure anyone wants to bother with it (especially given that PS3/Vita owners would be unlikely to consider something other than The Show). Maybe EA or someone can try something for next-gen.

6. MykTek

MykTek Member

7. Poloshirtbandit

Outside of Madden and the FIFA games, I don't think sports games are all that profitable. I'm still mad about College Hoops.