1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

XBOX 360 games.....help?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Okay, before you flame me.....

I know there have been WAYYYyyyy too many XBOX 360 related threads. Wayyyy too many gaming threads etc. But I'm lazy, and don't feel like going through all the threads hoping for some of your thoughts on games etc.

I just got a 360...thanks to the $99 deal, and I've been out of the console gaming loop for a while since I went back to PC gaming.

I'm wondering what are some good games that aren't to be played over the internet?

Is COD3 worth it if I don't have LIVE?

I like FPS games, and adventure games....plus the usual sports games (madden, NCAA, NBA LIVE etc....)

I have a 360 core system next to my feet right now....and no games...

I'm sorting through the posts by RC COLA right now, but I don't wanna go by the IGN reviews etc....

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Being the NBA fan that you are, NBA 2k7 is the obvious first purchase. That game is amazing. NBA Live is complete trash. Don't let the fanboys persuade you otherwise. I used to be one.

Another game that I enjoy is Dead Rising. It's a whole lot of fun. You would think that killing thousands of zombies would get old eventually, but it doesn't.

3. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

I have been told that Gears of War is better than life itself. I only have a lowly XBox, so I do not know if this is true.

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I've heard Gears of War is amazing, though I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

5. Sooner423

Gears is a lot of fun. The co-op is very good.

6. Blitz

Blitz Member

nba 2k7 best basketball game out
    gears of war is by far the best game for 360... soo much fun
    ncaa football i like a lot.....
    ninety-nine nights is a fun game... if u remember dynasty warriors its the same thing
    and rainbow six vegas is a must get

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

8. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

NBA 2K7
    Gears of War
    Ghost Recon

9. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

i dont like the 2K series...honestly i would go with Nba Live 06.. as hard as that may be to believe..

Gears of War is a MUST have

Dead Rising is unbelievably addictive and has pretty much infinite replay value.. like a previous poster mentioned...it never gets old

Ghost Recon is amazing in terms of visuals..sometimes the game felt a little stale in the middle but its amazing towards the end.. i would hold out for the sequel which hits stores in February.

Battlefield 2 is fun but only if you have Xbox Live...otherwise stay away from it, the single player hella boring.

Fight Night Round 3 is also really fun although it gets repetetive and it seems a little too easy at times..multiplayer is really fun..doesnt have to be on Live just at home with friends.

GUN is fun for a few hours.. then after u beat it in those few hours..u might as well trade it in or something, but really fun while it lasts.

10. TracyMcCrazyeye

if any of you are looking for xbox 360 games to buy, go to buy.com and get your games there. they have this $20 off google checkout for items $50 or more. i just got my gears of war for $44 (including shipping). :cool:

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Most of the good games have been mentioned (GOW, Dead Rising, NBA 2K7, etc). If you haven't played FEAR on the PC, you might want to check that out on the 360. I'd throw in Condemned as an interesting FPS to check out if you can get it for cheap.

Saints Row is a nice GTA-clone from what I've read. Oblivion is probably the best offline 360 game, although if you don't like that style of gameplay (massive do-whatever-you-want RPG), you might not find it all that fun...but if you do like it, you'll be playing it for 80+ hours.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

gears of war and nba 2k7 is all you need for a while.

table tennis is fantastic as well and you can get it for 18 bucks at best buy through tomorrow.

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

1. Get a hard drive.
    2. Try

Gears Of War
    Oblivion (if you like RPGs)
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
    Dead Rising
    Saints Row (if you like GTA games)
    NBA 2K7
    FEAR
    Fight Night 3
    Call Of Duty 3 (good single player as well)
    Condemned (should be able to find it cheap)
    Tomb Raider Legend

#13 Coach AI, Nov 25, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
  14. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Sine you like FPS and Adventure games, Obvlion is pretty much like that. Not a traditional overhead RPG view.
    I heard Rockstar Table Tennis was good so I got it yesterday at Best Buy for $18.95.
    I went to Gamestop and they have a buy 2 get 1 free deal on used games. I got Fight Night 3 and Kameo, and got Condemned for free. Cost is $70 for all 3.
    I already have Ghost Recon, NBA 2K7, and Dead Rising. All of them are great, except I would not get Dead Rising if you don't have an HDTV. I stopped playing it because I could not read the text. I'll pick it back up once I move my Xbox to my computer monitor instead.

15. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Splinter Cell Double Agent

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Alright, so looks like I'm getting GOW, and NBA2k7....

The only thing that sux about the consoles games...damn are they expensive! :eek:

Makes me not want to leave PC gaming lol.

17. Sooner423

Those are great choices. You won't be dissapointed. If you don't buy Dead Rising though, you at least have to rent it. It really is a lot of fun.

18. AXG

AXG Member

COD3 is exactly the same game as COD2, only with different missions and vehicles. I'd simply buy COD2 since it's cheaper.
    As for what games I recommend, in no particular order:
    1. Gears of War (GOTY, ;) ) 2. Oblivion 3. Ghost Recon AW 4. R6: Las Vegas 5. Prey, a very underrated title 6. Splinter Cell Double Agent 7. Saint's Row 8. Dead Rising 9. Dead or Alive (4 or X2) 10. F.E.A.R.
    Sports games: 1. NBA 2k7 2. Madden 07 3. Fifa 07 4. Fight Night round 2 5. NCAA Football 07

19. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

i just got GOW and tiger, and the xbox 360, i love it!!!