1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xavier Henry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by danoman, Jun 8, 2010.

1. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Assuming our plans to get Bosh fails what do you guys think of Xavier Henry, looks like he gona be a great role player ready to contribute that could back up martin. I know our primary need is to add size, but If all the quality bigs are gone by the time we reach the 14th pick, I would hate to develop another big since were already doing that with jordan hill. I think hes a good pick because hes ready to contribute unlike some of these other unpolished picks, what do you guys think?
    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/06/06/nba-mock-draft-pick-no-14-xavier-henry/#cntnt

2. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

I personally think it would be somewhat redundant to have him...Martin, Bud, Taylor...

We need some BIGS

3. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

I agree with the guy above me.. plus we don't need more roleplayers.

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Already have a thread like this... I'd rather pick up ma mayne maaaan PAUL "King" GEORGE!

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

If Hassan Whiteside, Ekpe Udoh, Larry Sanders, Daniel Orton, Cole Aldrich and Xavier Henry are still on the board at the 14th spot who do you want the Rockets to pick?

If you answered Xavier you Lose! BOMP!

[​IMG]

6. danoman

Paul george is a good option too, but if we cant get a quality big i bet morey will try collect more assets either henry or george would be great but henry would probably make an impact first since he plays best of the ball
    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/05/17/xavier-henry-nba-draft-profile-and-scouting-report/
    The great thing about Henry is that he really doesn't need plays called for him to score. He moves without the ball, understands spacing, and knows when to pick his spots. On what many viewed as the premier college team in the land all year (until Northern Iowa), Henry was a crucial element for the Jayhawks, starting all 36 games while averaging over 13 points and hitting on nearly 42 percent of his threes. Henry projects as a shooting guard, and a physical one at that. He is a great on-ball defender who moves his feet really well and understands help side.

Battier has one year left in his contract, and taylor im not to sure is gona make it because of his height.

1 person likes this.
  7. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

There's a pretty good chance Henry will have the most productive career out of that bunch.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I agree with this post. Yeah, it's time to get BIG.

9. Raven

Raven Member

If the Rockets don't move up, they take the best player available. It's as simple as that.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah, at 14 you should go BPA and Henry is the 2nd best SG in the draft.

I wouldn't mind the pick at all. I'd Rather get the 2nd best SG than the 8th best Big

#10 REEKO_HTOWN, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Something on BSPN Insider talked about Golden State being high on this kid. I know the Golden State-Houston trade stuff was likely bogus, but Xavier is closer to a #14 than to a #6. GS could be a possible trade partner.

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Xavier Henry lack of handling ability make me question him as a SG, I wonder if he would be a better fit at the SF position, given his 6'7 frame with his shooting and slashing ability

But if was given a choice between Henry and George, I would definitely go with George. He has better overall skills than Henry, specially at being able to create his own shot of the dribble, and distribute to others. Making him a more ideal SG than Henry. Not to mention his an athletic freak.

--RB

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Don't know why we ever even talk about our draft picks. Morey never picks who we suspect.

14. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Yep, he has never picked who we thought he would or should pick. So i'm just going to sit back and see what happens in two weeks. Once again the man could surprise us all once again. Just like with Donte Green, whomever he picks might not make it through the summer with us.

Whomever he picks I will be fine with it. He knows the plan for this team. Has been doing fine so far.

15. carib

carib Member

Wow lots of talk about Henry. If Hassan Whiteside is available in the draft would you draft him? He is a very good shot blocker, reminds me of Deke.

16. danoman

Nope i wouldnt, I think he's to skinny, we need to improve the team even if were just adding players we have no need, in reality were loading our team sort of like what okc thunder are doing eventually were gona be able to trade for a back up center, and hopefully we dont have to give up any of our young player but instead expirings jeffries and or battier and still henry is an upgrade over those 2

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Whiteside has the build of a Bangladeshi rickshaw puller.

18. carib

carib Member

I agree he is potentially an upgrade over those two. He would really be replacing only Battier, since Jeffries tends to Back up Scola and Hayes for the PF spot. Hopefully Hill will earn alot more minutes. Hassan maybe skinny but he can add size and develop. Many players started out very skinny and developed some size during their career, like Jordan, Malone and Kobe. I figure Morey is either going to draft the best player we can use on the team for positions we are weak in like the Center position or he is going to draft the best trade bait. If alot of the bigmen are gone early in the draft I would not be surprised on the trade bait scenario.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Great, another smurf in the lineup.

Guys, we need another big, I don't care if he can only play 10 minutes. We need to start developing them. Otherwise, layup drills against us will continue to be our downfall.

I understand the you usually draft the best talent, but fark that, we need a BIG.

20. carib

carib Member

Yes, I agree he is skinny, but he can build on that, atleast get him as strong as Mutumbo.

Which big man you think maybe available at 14 that you would draft?.