1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WWE vs NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Egghead, May 18, 2009.

1. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Member

It'll be interesting to see what happens!!

2. across110thstreet

insert youtube 2002 Conference Finals here

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Its not even a sport. They themselves don't even tout it as a sport. I see it any other TV show on television except that its taped live in front of an audience. But lets forget the fact that this is Pro Wrestling. They have contracts signed way before this even happened. According to Vince, there was nothing in the contracts that said anything about having to move the event if something were to occur. If somebody has to move, it has to be the NBA as the WWE booked first.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Why should an NBA playoff series be more important than a WWE event? Because you like the NBA more than wrestling? Like airbullard said, there are people that follow the WWE that don't follow the NBA and vice versa. What's important to you may not be important to somebody else.

In reality, one isn't any more important than the other. Actually, in the large scheme of things, their both pretty insignificant. But the WWE has a signed contract and you just can't disregard it because you'd rather watch a basketball game.

1 person likes this.
  5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Hopefully, Game 4 would look something like this:

[​IMG]

6. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

I hope the WWE has to move simply because McMahon is a world class douche and isn't shy about flaunting it here.

7. ubigred

ubigred Member

Thank YOU!!!!!! All the idiots who spew the conspiracy stuff do so just because of sour grapes.

If you lose a 7 game series , YOU are not the better team.

8. ubigred

ubigred Member

NBA PLAYOFFS >>>> circus in a ring

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

I can tell you, more people are going to watch game 4 of that series than a crappy acting job of "fighting". That's why it's more important for them to reschedule.. More people will watch the Nuggets-Lakers game... it's what the majority wants.

10. lastmanstanding

Do you have numbers to back this up? At any rate, a contract is a contract especially one agreed upon last August of all times.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Too lazy to look, but I can bet I'm right.

12. lastmanstanding

I'm pretty sure you are right, but a contract is a contract.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

So then... do you believe the NBA will reschedule, or do you think the WWE will just get its balls straight and man up and reschedule?

14. lastmanstanding

I figure everybody just plays in the same building at the same time. ;)

15. Jayou

Jayou Member

The problem is how is the WWE supposed to reschedule? The show is for Monday Night Raw next Monday. Live TV, too.

16. supermandan

supermandan Member

that has got to be the funniest thing i have ever seen in my life. LOL

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

if the wwe signed a contract last august then it must be upheld.

someone said there is a violin concert the next night? just have that bumped to wednesday (or the next free day at the pepsi center) and have the nuggets game on tuesday instead.

its really not that hard WWE schedules months and months in advance and they are shooting a live show and from what I remember when I used to watch back in high school is that they usually make their schedule to travel to nearby locations...so you wont see a LA show then following by new york the next day. i dont know if there is a pay per view the day before if so then even more of a reason for the wwe not to move.

I actually do not see the nba winning this one unless they want to get sued to the neck by the wwe.

Also i would actually say more people or just as many people into the wwe as the nba. i dont think there is ever an issue of a WWE show not being sold out plus i believe its historically the #1 rated show on cable televsion for years running add in the cash they bring from all the pay per views then there you have it.

I would also say there are probably several thousands of people who do watch wwe but do not openly admit it. face it there is a stigma that is attached to watching the show past the age of 16.

personally i havent watch regularly since high school but i still will watch on occassion if its on. i know its not real but that doesnt mean I am not entertained by it, and thats all I am looking for in a tv show

18. Egghead

Egghead Member

ironic that Johnathan Coachman, who used to be in the WWE is interviewing his former boss

19. lastmanstanding

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

So, we should ignore a legal document because one thing may be more popular than the other?

I think they should take American Idol to Denver that night. It will draw more viewers than the other two events combined. Who cares if the arena is already booked? American Idol should get priority because more people will watch it.