1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WWE vs NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Egghead, May 18, 2009.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

AKA WWE's history of going down the toilet.

but i would rather watch Monday night Raw, at least its script has heels winning, NBA has baby face winning all the way

2. Jayou

Jayou Member

Fake you say?

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1644737&fullscreen=1" width="480" height="360" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="true"/><param name="movie" quality="best" value="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1644737&fullscreen=1"/><embed src="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1644737&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="360" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><div style="padding:5px 0; text-align:center; width:480px;">Watch <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1644737">"Its still real to me, damnit!" - a grown man crying about pro wrestling.</a> and more <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/videos" >funny videos</a> on <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/">CollegeHumor</a></div>

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Is this the first year more pro basketball players than pro wrestlers have died?

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Heels almost never win in the NBA, the only heels I can think of that have ever won it all are the Pistons of the late 80s and the 2004 season.

I guess the Nuggets are the only team left who could be considered a heel team.

5. Kam

Kam Member

no chance in hell the 2004 Pistons were heels. I was cheering for them.

The Lakers were the heels.

Hell, Karl Malone was on that team.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

It has a huge fan base and rakes in a ton of revenue. Raw has been airing on Mondays for over 16 years. They've already sold the tickets and have a 2 hour time slot they have to fill. They can't just move the date.

Besides, the Pepsi Center has another event booked for Tuesday.

#26 Cannonball, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
  7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Im going to see RAW in Melbourne in July.

So what?
    :)

8. thech0senone

thech0senone Member

Vince McMahon's take on the whole situation.

<object width="440" height="361">
    <param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4176887"/>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
    <embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4176887" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" width="440" height="361"></embed>
    </object>

9. Gakatron

Gakatron Member

I get the feeling Vince doesn't follow the NBA. The Nuggets owner is one idiot though by the sounds of it, they pretty much screwed the WWE and all the fans who have tickets.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

WWE is the worst "sport" on television.... it's behind badminton in my books. I used to love the WCW and WWF days, now it's just stupid... and LOL at them trying to fight the NBA Playoffs... which are way bigger than "WWE Smackdown Monday Night".. Pathetic.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Please excuse my language but....

THE ****ING IRONY.

I'm sorry I had to get this out my system. Is this a sign? Or is the NBA scheduling an event where Stern feuds with McMahon and Stern sends Shaq against the Big Show (I love to watch that).

12. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

I remember they scheduled back to back games in the 1995 nba playoffs between the Rockets and the Suns, so why not schedule it back to back instead of getting 1 day rest.http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1995.html I know it's not MLB playoffs where they play back to back games but the NBA uses back to back games in regular season so why not use it in the playoffs.

13. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

First post Yey!!!!!!

hmmmm imitating the old ecw fan signs.....If the Lakers Win, We Riot

14. airbulllard

airbulllard Member

haha only fitting that the Coach was the one interviewing vinny mac.

15. Preston27

Preston27 Member

For the people saying that WWE should reschedule because it's fake or not as big of a deal as the NBA, those things don't matter at all. There is a little thing called a contract the WWE has with the arena.

1 person likes this.
  16. airbulllard

airbulllard Member

i agree. and who says WWE doesn't matter? it's entertainment. they put on a show for their target audience to make money. the nuggets in their negligence brought this on themselves and i hope vince doesn't budge an inch.

there are people who watch WWE and not the NBA, and vice versa. no one should claim that something doesn't matter just because they're a fan of one and not the other.

in this case, WWE has the contract signed and sealed. go screw yourself NBA. you're not more important or special than any other business.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

why can't the NBA reschedule?

all of a sudden they have to have a game every other day?

so forget all the 3 days off..2 days off..random scheduling during the first 2 rounds..

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

The contract must have some language in it giving the Nuggets priority; otherwise, the Nuggets wouldn't be talking about moving the WWE date. I think the NBA could have been more considerate about picking the day, or else the Pepsi Center could have been more professional about their booking, but I doubt the WWE has a contract to stand behind -- because they would be doing so if they could.

They can always get retribution by taking their business elsewhere.

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Why should it matter? Why should WWE "Smackdown" be more important than an NBA playoff series? I can't find two reasons why someone would want to watch that crap over playoff basketball.

20. across110thstreet

God I hope Denver wins this series so all the conspiracy theorists can get off the Internet and get some much needed sleep.

There is no David Stern conspiracy, the League is not rigged, the referees are not out to get any one team or player, and the best teams advance to the Finals every year.