1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WWE Superstar John Cena® Grants Milestone 300th Wish with Make-A-Wish

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fadeaway, Jun 20, 2012.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Big props to John Cena!

Press release from Business Wire
    WWE Superstar John Cena® Grants Milestone 300th Wish with Make-A-Wish®

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

STAMFORD, Conn. (Business Wire) -- WWE® (NYSE:WWE) Superstar John Cena set a Make-A-Wish record today granting his 300th wish to Hop Bottom, Pa. native Jonathan Littman. Cena, a Wish Ambassador and previous recipient of the prestigious Chris Greicius Celebrity Award, is the only celebrity to reach this milestone. He continues to be one of the most frequently requested celebrity wish granters.

Seven-year-old Littman was treated to a behind-the-scenes tour and John Cena's personal seats at Monday Night Raw on June 18. Thinking he was headed to Emmy® Award-winning Good Morning America for a studio tour, Littman then joined Cena on the national morning show along with ABC News' weather editor Sam Champion during the weather report. With the help of Good Morning America and Sam Champion, his wish came true.

“For Make-A-Wish, WWE Superstar John Cena is essential to fulfilling our wish-granting mission,” said David A. Williams, president and chief executive officer of Make-A-Wish America. “For years John has hosted kids and always goes above and beyond to create wishes for kids with life-threatening medical conditions, who return energized and delighted by the experience. We are fortunate to have a dedicated supporter like John and WWE to bring these children hope, strength and joy as they face a difficult challenge in their young lives.”

“Jonathan Littman is a tremendous young man and such an inspiration,” said WWE Superstar John Cena. “Of all the tough guys I tangle with in the WWE ring, I've never encountered more bravery or toughness than I see in each wish kid I meet. Wishing is powerful stuff.”

WWE and its Superstars have been granting wishes with Make-A-Wish for more than 30 years. With over 3,500 wishes (and counting) WWE and Make-A-Wish continue their commitment to put smiles on the faces of courageous children and their families all over the world. Join John Cena and help grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions at www.wish.org/JohnCena.

To see Cena grant his 300th wish please visit: http://abcn.ws/M4dPpT

About Make-A-Wish

Make-A-Wish® grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. The impact of a wish experience spans a lifetime; strengthening children as they fight their illness, encouraging their families and inspiring their communities. Based in Phoenix, Make-A-Wish is one of the world's leading children's charities, serving children in 48 countries on five continents. With the help of generous donors and more than 30,000 volunteers worldwide, Make-A-Wish has granted nearly 300,000 wishes since its inception in 1980. Visit Make-A-Wish America at wish.org or Make-A-Wish International at worldwish.org and discover how you can share the power of a wish®.

About WWE

WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 145 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 600 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Istanbul and Tokyo.

1 person likes this.
  2. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Now I get why this guy never wants to be the heel. Think of all the children.

3. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

He's a good guy and really embraces being the face of the company and doing all the charity and work that comes along with it. Probably the biggest reason is heel turn was scrapped a few months ago.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Thug Life.

Master of thuganomics.

5. Homey the Clown

Former WWE superstar Kenn Doane spoke with SEScoops.com and spoke about a number of controversial topics, including John Cena being the “Tiger Woods” of WWE and breaking up his engagement to Mickie James (which led to the demise of Doane & James’ WWE careers), Cena trying to get Randy Orton fired from WWE, his experience in the Spirit Squad, how WWE has changed since he left in 2008 and much more.

“So one day I see Mickie on the computer and I don’t give a damn it’s not my right to see what she is doing and it never was. I was always great to her. took her many places on vacations and bought her many things, was a great boyfriend. Now at the time Cena was messing around with another diva at the time (who’s name will remain anonymous because she had no effect on my life or job so its not our business) but i ended up using the computer once Mickie got off it and i went to Google and when you start typing it pulls up past searches. Past search was “Mickie James dating John Cena” so I’m not mad just curious I was like hey what the heck is this your trying to find info on? She stared at it for like legit 2 mins and I’m looking at her like “did you forget how to read? say something, WTF” she got up and ran into the other room crying saying she was sorry and she felt bad and admitted to it. I’m not one to get mad or jealous I don’t know why, I think it has to do with all the things I’ve been through as a child that you really cant hurt me much more than i have been already. So i look at it as there are SO many woman in this world why get upset over 1? to me that makes sense. So I don’t have John’s number so I call his diva “road” girlfriend. I ask her if she knows anything about it and she says she had a feeling because John recently dumped her and she is over him now. (yes by this point your probably thinking if WWE just videotaped the real lives of these wrestlers we would have a much better show to watch on Mondays).”

“So here i am sitting on my porch trying to piece all this crap together. Got 1 diva who is married to a guy outside of the business but she sleeps with Cena, then we got Cena who sleeps with rats (groupies, girls not in the biz, girls in the lobby waiting for an invite upstairs, in some countries mules because their fat) and this married diva, and now my girlfriend, then i got Mickie who is supposed to be my girlfriend who is Googling if her secret has been let out. Now I’m thinking before I do anything stupid and risk losing my job that I’ve worked for since I was 13 and gave up college scholarships to play football for I need to think of the best way to handle this. I tell Mickie just leave, go to your moms house or your sisters i just need time to think. I decide to call WWE office and ask for John’s number and explain what happened. They say their sorry and try to make me think they got my side. Following weeks I’m off TV and off the road until i get sent to Smackdown. Ironically Johns former diva got sent too. So now were on complete separate schedules and when their is a joint PPV I’m off the road that day too and get flown in on a Monday for a Tuesday Smackdown. Yeah complete B.S. I get jobbed out then they take me off the road more and fire me. When Johnny ace called me to fire me I asked him if this is why I’m getting fired. He told me we don’t have anything for you and depending on whether you choose to discuss this issue will determine on if your allowed to come back in the future. (so basically if i mention Cena and Mickie then I’m banned) I decide i will keep it to myself since I just want to wrestle and entertain people.”

“Going forward I have no reason but to speak the truth and to make all this up would be absolutely insane. I’m not saying you have to believe anything i say but that is the truth. WWE portrays Cena as this big hero and savior to all of us but truth be told that is a character he plays much like me as a cheerleader. When watching wrestling know your watching a show and not real life situations or scenarios. We are basically live comic books brought to life and make short action movies for you to enjoy. Whether you agree or disagree with me on this is solely your opinion which i respect positive or negative. I don’t wrestle that much anymore and that is simply my choice, I guess when you get such a bad taste in your mouth from previous encounters its not something you try to re-hash lol. To say I’m retired is stupid because who really retires from wrestling? and to say im retired from fake fighting sounds even stupider. so no i still wrestle from time to time. I can be easily reached at @kenndoane via twitter where you can tell me how much you hate me, like me, tell me I’m a cheerleader, tell me i suck and that I’m trying to get 15 mins of fame. Its all accepted with arms wide open. Much love to all of you positive or negative. #GodBless you all. And thanks to @SEScoops for doing this interview. There you have it people Love it or Hate it. Truth has been told.”

Full interview: http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-interview-with-former-wwe-superstar-kenn-doane/

6. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I'm just waiting on the author of those in-depth expose SNL and ESPN books to write one on the WWE. That thang would be thick and juicy.
    [​IMG]

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

so wait had somebody granted 299 wishes and Cena broke the record?

edit: nvm, I guess it was just a milestone

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

What does this have to do with the OT? :confused: