1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WWE] Royal Rumble 2006

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Jan 29, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

---SPOILERS---

So did anyone else see it? AWESOME. The rumble itself was awesome -- I'm really happy for Rey Mysterio. Lots of memorable moments in that matchup. RVD looked great in his comeback, and Tatonka was a neat surprise. The other two matchups were great also. The match between John Cena and Edge was great, and I'm glad to see Cena get the title back. Mark Henry and Kurt Angle wasn't all that great of a matchup, but I was happy to see Mark Henry lose. I don't really think he's an entertaining or interesting character. But to make up for the mediocre matchup, the appearance of the Undertaker was really cool.

Anyways, I know there are a few other WWE fans around. I can't believe I watch this crap, but on top of that, I can't believe how much I enjoy it.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

nice recap, i'll probably get it off of Torrent within the next 2 days. I still have NY Revolution to watch in which I heard was pretty damn good.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I didn't get to watch it, but I got a few updates from my dad and from the Internet.

----Talk about Spoilers???----

Glad to see RVD is back, and I heard Tatanka didn't look too bad. I'm happy for Rey, although I have to wonder if he'll actually make it to WM. Even if he does, I'm not sure how believable it would be to have him as champ.

I don't like Cena, so needless to say, I'm not very happy to see him as champ again.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Sorry, men, I don't mean to derail but I found RC Cola here:

RC Cola, watching The Video Game Revolution on PBS digital reminded me of all your threads. Did you watch it? It just ended.

5. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Tatanka is back?!? I haven't watched wrestling in over 5 years, by I remember that guy from way back in the day.

6. RC Cola

No, I missed it, although I might have seen it before. Sounds familiar...what was it about?

Hehe...maybe I can bring together VG and wrestling fans. :)

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

so this was a good PPV?

hopefully this will lead to a great WM.

anyway. I hate John Cena. I've been hating John Cena since hating John Cena was cool. Of course John Cena was going to win. Edge didn't get the original belt back. He just had a name plate with his name on it with the John Cena custom spinning belt.

Second, I don't like Rey Mysterio. Did you guys know that Rey is actually a tall mexican luchador mini? No kidding!

Mark Henry...how do you say in internet terms? sux0rs?

The Boogeyman...

I watch wrestling whenever i can catch it. I work Monday nights, so I only can catch the second half of raw, mostly the last 30 minutes.

Smackdown is on friday nights, so you know how it goes.

I actually learned that Raw is played on sunday on telemundo. When I got tired of watching Texans, i watched it.

8. jondoe654

jondoe654 Member

rey winning is weak :mad:

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It was about how the video game has evolved, everything about how PAC-MAN revolutionized the PONG era, the coming and going of Atari, the financial perils, etc. http://www.pbs.org/includes/tvsched...9&feeds=1022,10709&station=KUHT&zipcode=77449

Last time I did a PPV for wrestling was in '90 when WrestleMania was under X (I think it was IV when Macho Man and Hulk were against Ted DiBiase and Virgil??) and the Royal Rumble was in Houston (Summit). I haven't watched WWe or WWf since it became a soap opera. :rolleyes:

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Hasnt it been?

i hate the cartoon wrestling era. I hate you Hogan.

11. RC Cola

Reminds me of that time on SD a while back; I don't watch SD either (mostly just RAW), but I saw a clip online of Mark Henry having a tough time trying to get into a cage a while back. So hilarious. Felt sorry for the man...after laughing for a few minutes at him.

Maybe I didn't watch it...I'll check it out if I ever see it on.

As for wrestling, I only recently (past 5-6 months or so) got back into it, although I don't treat it anywhere near as seriously as I used to. I mostly just watch it so I can laugh at things. Seeing stuff like Cena getting booed, seeing Kurt Angle trying to get booed but still getting cheers at times, seeing Chris Masters not getting cheered or booed but ignored, etc., just amuses me.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

haah, i heard about that. i havent seen the video, i'll go look for it one day.

anyway, here is my picks for wrestlemania matches

rey vs angle for the smackdown belt

hhh vs cena for the raw belt

randy orton vs booker t for the us title

umm carlito vs chris masters. as of now, i cant think who has the IC belt.

hbk vs vince

undertaker vs whoever and undertaker wins

chavo vs whoever, because hes eddie's nephew.

interpromtional match bobby lashley vs big show.

I went to No Mercy in October, and had no clue who the hell bobby lashley was. and to this day, i still dont.

but ive seen him a few times on smackdown when i catch it. he's kinda big.

thats all i can do as a booker right now.

trish vs mike james (ha!)

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

What exactly happened to RVD?

14. RC Cola

Isn't this guy still champ?
    [​IMG]
    I just remember him beating Edge back when Edge first won the belt...think Edge was IC champ. Not sure if Flair lost it since then, miss some matches here and there.

I dread a HHH vs Cena match. :(

15. RC Cola

I think he tore his ACL, if you were asking why he's been out for so long. I'm glad he's back since he's one of my favorites in the business right now.

16. BranJ17

BranJ17 Member

Does anyone else think Bret Hart is going to come back soon? They have been promoting the crap out of his stuff and they are playing the heck out of Vince screwing HBK.

Also the Royal Rumble thing with all the McMahons the crowd is chanting "You screwed Bretus." A lil spoof on Brutus but you know....with an E

17. RC Cola

I'd love to see Bret back, but I think he's declined any offers from Vince to appear at WM. I'm not even sure if he could wrestle anymore, at least at a high level due to his accident from a while back.

18. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Bret's gone on record as saying he never intends to become an on-air WWE character ever again. But money talks, and stranger things have happened...

Props to HHH for rolling over. I thought for sure that him drawing number one was a guarantee he'd be winning. He'll probably still get the main event slot with Cena, but he at least kept it surprising tonight.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Flair has the IC belt. Man. I like Flair and all, but he shouldnt be holding the IC belt. Masters or Carlito or Shelton, or some other mid carder should.

Doesnt have to win the Rumble to get a shot at the belt.

3h is going to kick cenas ass tommorow.

20. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

The storylines started to get boring for me when they got rid of D Generation X. The DX reunion tease when HHH turned on HBK really soured me on WWE altogether.

If they brought back Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, and Xpac and put them together with HHH I would probably watch again.