1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WTF is Worng With Georgia?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Jan 24, 2007.

1. juicystream

juicystream Member

Nobody said parents were in favor of them having sex, but they have to accept that they probably are. The average age is 15 and may be declining. Like I said before, this is usually only a problem if the older person is a total AHole around the parents.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I was just stating that you cannot keep trying him over and over again for this offense. You seem to want to do that. You keep acting as if they threw this charge out the window. He faced it, faced a judge, a jury and was found not guilty. Deal with it.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

funny, the law was overturned

5. hotballa

You keep saying this, but why couldn't you deal with it when he was filmed on camera breakig a law with the 15 year old?

6. hotballa

he tells me that I shodl let it go becuase thats the justice system.

so why not give the same advice to others?

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

because the justice system has already agreed the law is bullcrap.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Now we go back to this. The law was not meant for this type of case and the legislature and the makers of the law have said this. You saw the list of those who agreed with this, even the victim. The law was to protect children from sexual predators plain and simple and there was this loophole.

He wasn't even let off for this either, like you keep claiming. He still has served over 2 years in prison and would still be convicted of a crime with this judge's new order.

9. hotballa

this was before the law was overturned. It only got overturned because people just COULDN"T DEAL WITH IT :)

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

OK, are you arguing because you generally think this is a bad decision or because you just want to play devil's advocate?

11. hotballa

My whole argument the entire time has been focused on the gang rape, not the 15 year old nor the law (with the exception of my comment to juicystream)

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

But he was acquitted of that charge. Why is it even an issue?

13. hotballa

with reference to the bj from the 15 year old, i think the decision is fine. I'm really more upset at the fact that noone in the media seems to give a damn about the 17 year old girl at the same party who was probably too intoxicated to give consent to 6 males to have sex with her.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

look hotballa, I understand what you're getting at. the kid wasn't a saint. honestly I saw this story on some news show like 60 minutes or dateline or something, and I don't remember it mentioning the gang rape.

but whether the kid was a saint, and if he should be in jail or two different issues. you're basing your argument on him being in jail, on charges he beat. so if you want to argue he should be in jail on the oral sex charge, that's fine, but we can't lock people up because of their history.

15. hotballa

I don't know. it just doesn't seem right. I know I'm getting heated over something that he was acquitted of, but the facts are the facts. How many other cases would have resulted in conviction??

girl goes to a party
    girl gets severely intoxicated
    6 males have sex with her
    girl wakes up and finds herself naked
    girl calls police and files rape charges

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

hotballa, most of your arguments appear to be based on aspects the criminal justice system is specifically designed to exclude.

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I understand your point and what you are trying to say it was wrong and I don't think people were trying to put Wilson up on a pedestal. The articles I have read mentioned his bad things or qualities too but the fight is over what he was found guilty of the sentencing of him. As stated before, nobody thinks that is right.

18. hotballa

the thing is I aint even sweating the oral sex thing. I mean, I saw this story in other places but had no clue there was an additional charge that seemed to be quite credible to me. I even felt a little sorry for the guy based on the way they portrayed the case, but then you find out these circumstances...

you know what, my bad. I'm losing my cool.

All I'll say is, thanks Lil Pun and Pgab for not being a hardass on me.

I feel real bad for the gangrape victim. I feel bad for the 15 year old who feels lik she has to do that at that age to attract guys.

I don't care one bit for the guy's actions that night as all he did was take advantage of a combo of immaturity and alcohol. I hope when he gets out, he isn't enabled by the Free Genarlow movement, and that maybe he thinks a lil bit the next time he decides to attend another orgy.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: Is there a New Law?

Rocket River

20. hotballa

I htink they added a special provision for oral sex. I dont know if it means that 40 year olds can get a bj from a 15 year old girl though.