1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WTF is Worng With Georgia?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

If I remember correctly, B.J. is a woman. LOL! :D

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I think juicy's post was more like a warning saying if you're messing with somebody and you are in this age range and you know the parents do not like you then watch out because they have this to fall back on.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

yes, he makes it sound like it's a vindictive thing they use for boyfriends they don't approve of. the point is that most parents would have a problem with their 15 year old having sex even if they did approve of the relationship.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Did you miss this part of the story:

It's frustrating work. No one involved believes Wilson should be in jail for 10 years.

The prosecutors don't.

The Supreme Court doesn't.

The legislature doesn't.

The 15-year-old "victim" doesn't.

The forewoman of the jury doesn't.

Privately, even prison officials don't.

5. hotballa

I'm pretty sure the 17 year old who was gangraped obviousy thinks he belongs in jail

There were TWO cases.

One was the 15 yer oild which he got the 10 year sentence for.

I'm referring to the other case where he and 5 of his friends had sex with a 17 year old girl who was heavily intoxicated. The girl woke up and called the cops and charged them with rape.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

True, most parents would not agree with it but the fact is that they should not be able to use it to get back at somebody they dislike. Its primary use is not a vindictive one but it can be used as such.

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

So, what exactly is your problem?

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

If it's true that some perceived the sentencing as a racial issue, what does it say that the black AG is appealing the decision?

9. hotballa

I've made it clear what my problem is. Everyone has whitewashed the 17 year old's claims in their quest to make him a saint for purposes of sensationalizing the 10 year term he got for the blowjob. Everyone's talking about poor Genarlow, but noone seems to care that tehre is a girl out there who claims she was gangraped gy him and his friends.

10. hotballa

I cant help but question if things would have gone different with the gang rape case if the girl had been white.

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

OK, where is your proof of this besides that fact that she claimed she was raped. Witnesses stated she was a willing participant and if the video evidence is there then I am sure that prosecutors and others would try to nail convictions on those charges as well. The thing is, does the video show her saying no or trying to stop it? Does the video show her drinking and getting drunk or doing drugs before this happens? Was she passed out or awake when this was going on? I'm not saying that it did or did not happen. I know a recent Purdue University study found that woman who claim to be raped are lying about 40% of the time. How do you know this girl or victim did not feel bad about what had taken place and just claimed it? Why are you so sure she got raped?

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

it is an unjustified weapon. kids have sex, if you're mad your daughter gave another kid a blowjob take it up with your daughter if she wasn't raped and the other person was a kid.

13. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

By the way, they were acquitted of the rape charges. That's the justice system we have, deal with it.

14. hotballa

1. several news reports said she appeared intoxicated to the point of falling asleep on the video
    2. in most situations, this should already place her in a position where she is unable to legally consent to sex
    3. regardless of whether she said yes or no or tried to stop him, in the state she was in on the video, she might as well have been sleeping
    4. if you watched 6 people rape a drunk girl and did nothing to stop it, YOU might be charged with accessory to rape

15. hotballa

The rest all took PLEA DEALS.

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Like I said, they were acquitted. It's not like the courts threw out the charges. They went to trial and were found not guilty.

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

OK, HE was found not guilty then.

18. hotballa

and again, if you read the news reports, they took plea deals with the exception of Genarlow.

19. hotballa

I guess it's the same thing we tell all rape victims when their attackers get off.

That's funny, the free Genarlow Wilson movement certainly couldn't deal with it.

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

And Genarlow was found not guilty of the rape of the 17 year old. Deal with it.