1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WTF is Worng With Georgia?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Jan 24, 2007.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

i ddint know he was charged with rape for a 17 year old girl. What was that all about?

2. juicystream

juicystream Member

Being that I live in GA and was just recently in High School I was quite aware of this stupid law. I can remember being 16 and my girlfriend being 15. We were 3 & a half months apart in age, but according to the law we couldn't have sex. I'll plead the 5th on the reality of what happened. It is a stupid law especially consindering that it means that the average age to lose one's virginity is lower than the age of consent. If the parents don't like you and they find out u've been messing with their kid, than you could get charges filed against you. Usually this law is not enforced otherwise.

3. hotballa

yeah, what parent in their right mind wouldn't have a problem with their 15 year old girl having sex? stupid stuffy Georgiains :rolleyes:

4. MadMax

MadMax Member

i think there was a lot more to the story than what was being reported, originally. or at least more than what was being focused on. he and a few others, as i recall, were charged with raping another girl. i think a jury found it was consensual.

5. hotballa

so a 17 year old girl can consent to being gangbanged as long as the males are under 18?

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

honestly, i don't know what georgia law has to say about that. but i believe 17 is the age of consent there.

7. hotballa

Is this right? Why didnt this get more play? And serisouly, what ex-President in their right mind would step in for someone who was invovled with the gang rape of a drunk girl that they filmed? and why the hell wouldn't the witnesses say she was a willing participant. If she wasnt then they'd be charged as accessories to rape.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=wilson
    I guess the 17-year old's claims don't count for anything. Unbelieveable. Now they're making this kid out to be some kind of martyr when he was one of 6 guys who gang raped a drunk girl. I guess the 17-year old girl shoulda known better, obviously she deserved it for getting drunk in the first place since she obviously enticed that angel Genarlow into doing her on the floor along with his other buddies.

Ugh I'm disgusted. They're so quick to try to make a martyr out of Wilson to fight the "backwards laws" of Georgia that they completely ignore everything else this guy did that night.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Seriously? The lawyer for the man sentenced to 10 years in prison for receiving a blowjob from an underage girl is called B.J.? Does he specialize in this sort of case?

9. Major

Major Member

Here's the basics of it all:

When he was a senior in high school, he received oral sex from a 10th grader. He was 17. She was 15. Everyone, including the girl and the prosecution, agreed she initiated the act. But because of an archaic Georgia law, it was a misdemeanor for teenagers less than three years apart to have sexual intercourse ... but a felony for the same kids to have oral sex.

10. MadMax

MadMax Member

in fairness, he was found not guilty of that crime, as i understand it.

11. MadMax

MadMax Member

as i understand it, that's not the entirety of it.

there was another girl that night that was 17 that claimed to be raped by more than a few guys at the very same party. he was one of those who was accused.

12. hotballa

I'm referring to the drunk 17 year old at the same party that was ganged by a bunch of his friends who claimed she was actually raped.

13. Major

Major Member

Gotcha. It's interesting those charges got dropped if there was videotape evidence of it.

14. hotballa

I dont know why it got dropped. The girl was probably too intoxicated to say no and claimed to have been raped the next day.

There's a lesson to be learned here.

Don't goto after-school orgies, and if you do, don't be stupid enough to film it.

again, it's amazing how they;ve practically made a saint out of this guy despite the events of that night.

almost reminds me of the whole Tookie Williams thing.

15. Zion

Zion Member

Fine, why not charge him for that then?

16. Major

Major Member

According to CNN, the Attorney General has filed an appeal, leaving the guy in jail for the timebeing...

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you're confusing issues. no one said the parents shouldn't have a problem with it.

18. Major

Major Member

Of course, you're more than happy to judge the guy without knowing what happened in the 17 year old's case.

19. hotballa

there is no isue confusion, it's a direct response to juicy's post who contends the parents use it as an unjustified weapon.

20. hotballa

girl gets drunk at party
    girl has sex with 6 males at same party
    girl wakes up next morning naked and confused
    girl is upset and police is called in

what other mitigating factors can there be?

how many other cases like this result in conviction? the details are there.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/LegalCenter/Story?id=1693362&page=1