1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WTF is going on?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

The Rockets are being run like a Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack or whatever that swill hole is called. Get used to it. To make matters worse Fertitta will spend the next few years lowballing and hiring and firing. Creating no consistency Bc he will need to deflect blame away from himself and how incompetent he is.

2. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

You try to get Oladipo to sign a deal so you can get more for him. On a 2 year deal he’s an actual prospect for a team instead of a 2-3 mos rental. Irony of the situation is he doesn’t look to be any good anymore making the whole situation irrelevant. A bigger disaster looming is the Rockets overvaluing Tucker and Oladipo and asking for too much and striking out. We know they are happy to watch salary shed off the books. Shudder to think the assets they’d have to attach to move Gordon or Wall.

3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

This is a common misconception, that you can actually trade players without trade value.

We might get late first for Oladipo, and a 2nd for Tucker at this point, if we are lucky.

Der Rabbi and MettaWorldPete like this.
  4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

It is beyond sad that they quit on 32nd game with 40 more games to play. They need to start cutting players and trade them out of here at whatever cost. In my years following the Rockets since Robert Reid days, I never seen we get blown out in almost every game. We may have losing streaks, but never where it was un-watchable. The only keeper is Tate, all these 3 point brick layers need to find other houses to build. To these Rockets, shooting 3s is hoping I can catch fire and get more points than my teammates. Seriously, who is watching these Rockets from start to finish?!?!?!?

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The Rockets are acting like a team that knows they are going to get traded during all star break.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Grass not always greener amirite?

7. chadyang

chadyang Member

Everyone is available except for Garden...wait

raining threes likes this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

No more ISO!! so much fun
    [​IMG]

9. MadRox

MadRox Member

They are NOT tanking!
    They are ACTUALLY trying to win but still lose every night by 20+, that's the sad part.

10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Just boycott every Fertitta business including the Rockets till he sells the team. Use a stream for every game. The quicker he loses money on the Rockets the quicker this nightmare is over. Hell, boycott the UFC too till they convince their cousin to sell the Rockets.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Just call porter back up, and start the youth movement. Obviously the franchise was preparing for a rebuild so i don’t know why anyone is really that surprised. Will be tough to get a good pick this coming draft though

Sonicbun8, raining threes and malakas like this.
  12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The truth is, we beat a bunch of scrub teams that were either not in form or were playing terribly.

In other words, we were put in a false sense of security.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

It’s always been a tank year. Stone knew it.

raining threes and kjayp like this.
  15. riko

riko Member

Bingo

16. WestendMassive

A lot of people have been saying that Chris Paul's hamstring strain was the beginning of the end for the Rockets, and we just didn't know it then.

But I think I've narrowed it down to another incident just a little bit after Chris Paul's hamstring went ping.

I'm like 99.9999999% sure that nothing good has happened for the Rockets since this event. (Spoiler alert for the squeamish, it is ugly)

It's been a slow burn of devastation since then, but here we are...

Phillyrocket, D-rock and lakersuck2 like this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

But Harden was supposed to win the Championship with these guys!

Nook, Mr. Space City and D-rock like this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

Quitting implies they had a choice to play well. I don't think they quit; they just aren't very good.

19. raining threes

I've posted this in several threads

20. D-rock

D-rock Member