1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Wrestling] ESPN will profile Scott Hall...Outlook Not Good

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by justtxyank, Oct 18, 2011.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hey yo...

Those words were a big part of my childhood. E60 will be profiling Scott Hall tomorrow night and it doesn't look good. He is apparently dancing with death everyday at this point and his best friends (Kevin Nash included) have admitted they are prepared to get word at anytime.

This is an article I was linked to on a site called pwinsider that has seen the footage:

http://pwinsider.com/article/62619/...e-on-the-rise-and-fall-of-scott-hall.html?p=1

Cut:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IiAoI-FmSCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

Razor Ramon used to be one of my favorite characters as a kid.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ZVLMyGaB9M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lex Luger is also not doing very well either.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2KVwhckSpiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]
    Can't even recognize him.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Luger's actually turned his life around and is in much better condition than he was awhile back. No, he doesn't have the body anymore and he looks beat up, but I think I've read that he got off the drugs and steroids. He was paralyzed for awhile there.

That clip brings back memories. Wrestling was so big in 97.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

The guy on the left looks much worse off. :eek:

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This appears to be footage of a much skinnier & healthier Steven Seagal.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Ju kno' what, chico? [takes toothpick, flicks it]

Thasss pretty sad, main. :(

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

LOl.

I can't believe I missed this thread. I was a HUGE Razor Ramon fan back in the day and didn't put two and two together that his real name was/is Scott Hall until I saw a few mins of the E60 piece at the gym.

Can't wait to watch the whole thing.

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

glad the bad guy is still alive and has reconnected with his son, scott hall and shawn michaels were heros of mine growing up.

his life story truly is "the wrestler" from the movie. that documentary was hard to watch, i had already read up the incident at the small show, pathetic they let him go out there like that.

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

The Kliq was my favorite wrestlers and behind the scene stable. Loved the Wolfpac in the WCW days. Its depressing to see how he is now, he has a Youtube channel where he had his webisodes

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I would love to check out some of this "independent wrestling" where washed up stars of yesteryear try to relive their heyday. Ever since "The Wrestler" came out I've been really interested in checking it out. Also see the Always Sunny episode with Rowdy Roddy.

11. Asian Sensation

:08 sec mark... I bet that's how he looks out his curtains at 4 AM when he's coked out of his mind and paranoid. Very sad.

12. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Sad story. Razor Ramon, as he was known in (then) WWF was one of the first characters I really remember as a young wrestling fan.

Scott Hall was a pretty big name in wrestling during the NWO "takeover" angle in the late-90's, but there is a little bit of embellishing being done by the guy setting up the story during that super-fake round table discussion before they show the piece. He suggests that Hall was as big or bigger than guys like Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan were in their heydays. I don't think he was that big.

13. Dave2000

FYI, its on ESPN's Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL4IbTRRtSc

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gL4IbTRRtSc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gL4IbTRRtSc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

really sad watching it. as others said, he was one of my favorites growing up. If anything, I give props to his son giving him a chance after abandoning the family over a decade ago. The daughter wasn't even interviewed and my guess doesn't want anything to do with him. Chilling story to watch.

The round table where they said he was "bigger" than Andre the Giant/Hulk Hogan? Hell no, if you said the nWo as a whole was as big as Andre and solo Hulk, then thats a good argument.

#13 Dave2000, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  14. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man he was one of my favorites. Wrestling was a big part of my life in the 90's. I can remember cutting grass every weekend so I could pay for PPV's just to watch WCW vs NWO. Sting, Lex Luger, and all of those guys were just awesome. After NWO kinda faded away, I started watching WWF because of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I do agree with you about him not being bigger. Hogan was the "it factor" during this time. NWO had a huge impact on wrestling and Hall was a key factor in all of this. That's probably the argument/statement they should have said.

There is a lot of debate whether that promoter was in the wrong for putting Scott Hall out there. If I were in that guy's shoes, I wouldn't have let him go out there.

15. Dave2000

Yea, that was a dick move by the promoter and he didn't help his case when he said "I'm not a friend of Scott Hall, and will never see him again". Jeff Hardy was in a similar condition earlier this year where he just bowed out against Sting, and ended up being less than a 30 sec match.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1R4O17wvm54?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1R4O17wvm54?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Scott Hall - one of the icons of WWF, WCW, and the n W o.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/80aLQ_S3N2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MROMXNWVhXk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's so sad to see what he's turned into.

#16 Rockets34Legend, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  17. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

i am trying to find a day it is rebroadcast but having toruble. When will this be on again? I want to tape it.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

19. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought it was also awesome that WWE spent money for him for rehab.

20. jdh008

jdh008 Member

This video was interesting to watch. The reactions of the various people make you wonder who all knew ahead of time what the situation was.

Judging by Hardy's real-looking kickout attempt after the Scorpion Death Drop, I'm not so sure that he knew the match was going to be shortened. Then again, that might have been what Bischoff was telling him when he leaned over to talk in his ear.

Hardy's little charade about where he was going to throw his shirt seemed like part of the story, but judging by Tazz's reaction, I'm thinking it's not. His comment "What the hell is Jeff Hardy doing here?" seemed like a legitimate question.

Then there is Sting's death stare that he locked on Hardy after the match. He clearly was peeved that Hardy showed up in that condition.