1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WRESTLEMANIA XXVIII

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Why do you watch TV and go to the movies? It's all fake.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Are there any places showing it? Fox and Hound hasn't been showing the PPVs in the last 3 months and they're not showing this either.

3. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

WWE has designated "WWE Blast Areas" around Houston that show all PPVs. I couldn't find the link for some reason. But, here are some locations that show it for sure:

Wings n More in the Marquee (very packed! I would suggest getting there real early. Great energy in the crowd)
    Buffalo Wild Wings in Sugar Land, TX

4. SPF35

SPF35 Member

yea but WWE is on the basis of fighting, competition... thats what makes it different and harder to take seriously

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

What about action movies where everything is precisely choreographed? Its just entertainment. If you're trying to take wrestling seriously then you're doing it wrong.

And

Not all the stunts are fake.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

hey if you don't like sweaty man drama, you can get out

7. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

Heard a rumor that Brock Lesnar just signed a one year contract with the WWE and arrived in Miami late last night. Interested to see what his role is tonight...

8. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Action movies are based on the premise of guys fake killing each other and seeing who comes out on top, I don't know why wrestling is different in your view.

They're basically actors who perform their own stunts and choreograph their own fight scenes. I don't see what's wrong with having fun and enjoying it.

9. tigereye

tigereye Member

Only watching for the Taker fight. It will be weird watching Deadman fighting BALD in the Deadman persona with the Ministry-like robe. Its almost like he's combining his all of his past personas (Deadman/Ministry/American Badass/Big Evil) so everyone can say goodbye to all versions of the Undertaker tonight. A true "End of an Era."

After that, like last year, it will be all downhill from there for Wrestlemania XXVIII. And that sad, especially comapring the current "Wrestling Extravaganza" to Wrestlemania X7 at the peak of the Attitude Era. TLC 2, even though repeating some moves from TLC 1 at Summerslam 2000, is perhaps the greatest wrestling match of all time only for Edge's 20 ft spear of Jeff Hardy. I think its safe to say we will never see a match like this ever again.

http://youtu.be/yXRw0rDdnTw

On top of that, the WWE seems to forget that Taker beat Trips ass on a soundstage that same night. Never mentioned in the pre-fight hype to Taker v Trips 3. And then you have Rock vs. Stone Cold, Shane vs. Vince and even an mini-invasion by WCW Wrestlers (they were up in a suite) and tonights card wont likely come close to matching the action and intensity of WMX7.

BTW - Please post streams. Thanks in advance!

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hearing the same thing...but it is April First today...

11. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

Just heard that Sid Justice and DDP are spotted in the back of the lockerroom at WM tonight.

12. tigereye

tigereye Member

Pics of the set at SunLife Stadium in Miami.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Next year, Wrestlemania 29 will be at MetLife Stadium (home of the Giants and Jets) in East Rutherford, NJ. I'm guessing they won't use MSG in NY anymore.​
    I think NFL-sized stadiums are to be used for future Wrestlemania events every year much like the NCAA Basketball Final Four. I'm very sure if Wrestlemania is at Cowboys Stadium, they will smash the NBA All-Star attendance record.​

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why can't UFC have a once a year event like WWE

like a all championship event for once a year in a football stadium

15. 713

713 Member

cuz they have it every 2 weeks...duh

16. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

wow that match was quick

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wow worst WM ever already, turning this **** off

I came to see Daniel Bryan wreck shet

18. The Drake

The Drake Member

That was awful.

Daniel Bryan is probably the best technical wrestler on the roster and he doesn't get to do anything? Lame.

19. 713

713 Member

Damn. Kane went back to wearing a mask???

20. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Kane vs Boreton to start the show? I just streamed in.