1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wow, Nachbar seeing RED (signs with Russian team)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BlastOff, Jul 21, 2008.

1. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Great post, JV.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Good for him.

I am happy for Boki.

Another proven NBA player signing in Europe for more money. It is just a matter of time before a star does it, even an aging star, ala Pele in the NASL back in the day.

A pretty obvious trend is happening here, and if Josh Childress takes the money, it will be even more in our face.

Stern needs to realize what is happening here as more and more NBA talent goes overseas, it will cause the NBA to be effected by having worse players take those positions.

And for the record, I am never upset when a player takes control of his own career and goes for the money.

DD

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Another marginal player who proved he couldn't get MLE has to head to the minor leagues. Oh well.

One of these days they will get guys like Dominique Wilkins to come over. Then the NBA is screwed.

4. The_Nine_Gates

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3497994

"The NBA had better be careful," Nachbar said. "European teams are offering a lot of money. It's much more, considering there are no taxes, than what I could make signing for the mid-level exception."

And once again SamFisher is completely owned. Literally EVERYTHING this guy has said in the Delfino and Jennings threads is wrong and complete BS. is there a worse poster on the entire forum than this guy?

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Marginal player - hardly.

You are so full of hatred towards any Euro player - ironic given your love for the pilsner and cultures over there.

Lots of these guys that are top 8 rotational players, which are averaging 8-10ppg are taking more money, forcing guys that are at the end of the bench to try to compensate for their loss, thus making the NBA product significantly weaker.

Stern needs to take a hard look at this, because the Ostrich approach could lead to another league catching up......and rivaling the NBA.

DD

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Proven? Not so much DD ~ he had his shot and couldn't put up the numbers so it's off to Europe for Boki. There are a lot of marginal pro baseball players that can become stars playing in Japan.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Proven rotational player - yes....Star....no.......most NBA players are not stars....

DD

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Nachbar gets $5 million a year after tax. I wonder what a much better player like Corey Maggette could get.

9. SamFisher

b-ball scientist we know who you are and we don't care.

10. SamFisher

Nachbar's one dimension is shooting. Which he managed to do at nearly the same clip as Rafer last year, and we all know what you think of Rafer.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Some of us do, Sam does not speak for the boards.......just ignore the insults, he tries to be an internet baddy, but people see through him.

He is still mad over his man-crush being fired for incompetence last season.

;)

DD

#31 DaDakota, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  12. The_Nine_Gates

If you average 10 points per game on an NBA team you are a proven NBA player. if you are a 6th man on a NBA playoff team you are a proven NBA player. It doesn't mean you are a good NBA player, but it for sure proves you can play in the league.

I am starting to think I made a mistake joining this forum. I have never seen a basketball sports forum anywhere on the internet that has this much hatred towards European basketball and European players. It's to the point of being unnatural.

13. SamFisher

Nonsense, you saw it the first 4 times you joined this forum.

14. The_Nine_Gates

Well, Olympiacos offered Anthony Parker $12.8 million after tax. So that gives you an idea.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yeck....Rafer.......

Nachbar is hardly a star, but he is a decent role player. You seriously can not blame the guy for taking more money.

Nor, can you argue that all these rotational players leaving makes the NBA somewhat weaker.

It is riddling Sam, you travel the world, and have a fondness for other cultures, why such hatred for Euro ball?

It may not be the NBA, but you can see the value and quality in some of their players.

And the NBA has benefitted from it.

Dirk, Peja, Manu, Parker - and many others were trained over there and are impact players here, even a lot of rotational players are from over in Europe.

I really do not get your hatred....is it a left over bi-product of our V-Span arguments? Did I somehow trip a quality control chip in your brain that you can not reset?

:D

DD

16. The_Nine_Gates

I ignored him. I would bet 50% of the entire forum has him on ignore. Let me guess DD he predicted JVG would never ever be fired right? Considering his other "predictions" in the Jennings and Delfino threads I would bet he was guaranteeing JVG would never be fired. This guy is literally wrong every time he posts. Must be some kind of clutchfans record.

You warned me about him right off and I should have listened. I fell for the whole "I am a huge Olympiakos supporter" line of BS.

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He goes on and off ignore for me all the time. I think he just likes riling people up.

I disagree with him almost religiously concerning basketball, but his energy posts in the D&D, and politics posts are worth reading..for the most part.

So, while he clearly knows nothing about basketball - :D - he does know something about politics and policy.

I just ignore the insults - or at least try to.

DD

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

maybee the money is a little better and he is wanting a change. it is after all his own life. who really gives a damn

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

100% correct........

Wouldn't we all like to have a decision like this?

DD

20. SamFisher

Olympiakos sucks - too many sheep raising types. I have abandoned my Olympiakos support this year.

Efes Pilsen is a much better squad. They play in an abandoned auto body shop outside of Esenler Otogar. BUt they also have Bootsy Thornton.