1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOW Air

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JuanValdez, May 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Anyone have experience or knowledge of WOW Air? It looks like a sort of Spirit Airlines for flights to Europe -- cheap, and then they nickel and dime you for everything. But I might do it anyway. Anyone flown them?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I came in expecting to read about how amazing the mixture of oxygen and nitrogen is.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sajan

Sajan Member

;) hahah

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

They're actually worse than Spirit (believe it or not) and transatlantic low cost isn't quite as cost effective as one might think. Check the bag fees for example as I believe they're rather expensive on WOW Air. I've had better luck just watching for good deals on legacy carriers than resorting to WOW Air (provided you're flexible on travel dates).

Also if you're going the Iceland route, look into Icelandair instead. You'll get a good flight experience at a reasonable price. You can fly Icelandair the whole way to Europe or swap to a budget airline in Iceland.

Also are you flying from Houston or somewhere else?

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

World of Warcraft?

6. JuanValdez

Thanks. The pricing element is at least very transparent with the internet. And, I'm seeing an advantage even with baggage. I wonder if there are other things about them that are not so evident -- like in the customer experience on the flight, or the like.

7. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

If you're familiar with Spirit, then WOW Air isn't really that different. Even though you're flying to Europe, you wont get any beverages or food for free (not even water). There's no inflight entertainment and the seat pitch will be tight (although legacy carriers are getting pretty bad about that as well).

But if you're fine with that you can definitely find some deals. Bring a tablet with movies or books and make sure to pack some meals. The food and beverages will be overpriced and the food will be predictably bad. It's basically a bus to Europe and like a bus you just get a seat and that's it.

8. JuanValdez

Thanks that's helpful.

9. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I flew to Iceland in March on WOW and this pretty much sums it up. It's a basic flight and they're pretty up front about what fees they charge.

The one difference I noticed between them and Spirit is that WOW actually checked the size/weight of my personal item.