1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you welcome HIM back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets018, Jul 7, 2010.

?

Welcome T-mac back?

1. Yes, only for vet min and backup role

28.6%
  2. No way in heck

62.7%
  3. Only if K-mart is traded soon

0.1%
  4. Yes, using part of MLE

8.6%
  1. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

From what I understood the main player who didn't like him was Tru Warrier. He'll get some of his explosiveness back. But more importantly, he can create for others which is something Brooks, Ariza, and Kmart are terrible at. They would benefit a lot playing off Tmac, and Tmac is also better at getting the ball to Yao than anyone currently on our squad. I'd say he's got like 25% chance of being a bust, 60% chance of being a 15-18ppg player with 5-6 rebounds and assists, and a 15% chance of putting up 20ppg.

When you can get a player for dirt cheap with production like that who is also a really good fit for our roster, you'd be dumb not to. Don't forget that backup SG is a position of NEED right now. Jermaine Taylor is extremely questionable. Hell, Kevin Martin is extremely questionable with his injury history. Are you really telling me you'd rather have Trevor Ariza or Jermaine Taylor start the 20-30 games Kmart will miss instead of Tmac?

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Can you supplement your thorough analysis with a graph of some type? I feel it would help crystallize your excellent analysis.

Morey needs to hire you.

3. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

How is this thread not locket yet?

4. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I would say the shorter memories are the ones who forget his most recent events with the ROX, which would be best described as cancer. Can't relive the past(his glory days), while forgetting all the bad times, just the same as we can't give him a brain and heart transplant and expect he'll turn back into T-mac. Some things just aren't just a reality.

Personally I have to look down on the ROX organization if they did even attempt to bring him back. This is one area I wouldn't trust Morey's. judgment on. I don't believe Morey or Les would even consider this a option, and considered it more like suicide.

5. ILoveTheRockets

[​IMG]

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's the story of his career and his fans

7. platy

platy Member

we're talking abt tmac, right?

8. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

[​IMG]

9. Rockston

Rockston Member

As much zs i'd like him back it's just not realistic. That's unfortunate too because it'd be a ''Morey'p type of deal. Low risk, high reward. But the bridge Tracy and Lex once danced on has been burned to a crisp. He s te type of player we coyld use, granted neps healthy but you can't count on that. How many times are we going to get burned before we learn? He's a all timefavorite of mine.

One of the smoothest, but never had a filter on his mouth. Which i like but isn't good when you're a multi millionaire and a local celeb. Just don't judge his great play by his off court issues. You'll end thinking he's no better than Scottie Pippen's cameo appearence here.

10. davestrate

davestrate Member

LOL what movie is that???

11. AGBee

AGBee Member

he's coMacing

12. davestrate

davestrate Member

13. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

T-mac's career summarised: "IF"

14. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I waited 3 years for Tracy to get booted out of Houston, no waaaaaay in hell I want him EVER on this team again. He's a waste of our time.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wh would you want him back? So that he can reclaim his spot on the bench? No. :rolleyes:

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sounds eerily similar to Yao's career. :confused:

17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Is Artest available? I'd take him back at the right price, if he's willing to come off the bench.

18. buckaroo

buckaroo Contributing Member

Only if we can trade him to ny again ;)

I rather see those minutes go to cbud

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He wouldn't even come back if they wanted him back. Which they don't. Plus we need more size than anything. Unless we get someone like Danny Granger, we're set at the 2-3.

20. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

No way no how. Ship sailed and bridges were burned.