1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Would you want Jerry Sloan as the coach?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragonz, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Naw man, hell no. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Despite his near two decades coaching a rival team that I hate almost as much as the Tennessee Titans and Pittsburg Steelers ....He was a big part of why Utah was such a formidable team over that span.

He's a winner , one of the best to ever coach the game. I respect his ability. I'd love to have Sloan coach the Rockets.

Dont know if Im ready to give up on McHale just yet tho .... but if forced to make a choice , I'd take Sloan.

3. Toast

Toast Member

Interesting idea. Lin's already a pick-and-roll guy. I don't necessarily wanna just dump McHale by the wayside because despite the opinions expressed by some in this thread, I actually think McHale can be a good player's coach. Kinda like a Rudy T type.

But I'd be real tempted if Sloan were expressing interest, no doubt.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yes because Sloan is a great coach. But, not because of Lin. And, really if you like Lin, Sloan might be a terrible idea. I don't see Sloan tolerate watching him throw the ball all over the court. Toney Douglas might be your starter.

5. BrentStl

BrentStl Member

We have a winner. You can close the thread down now.