1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Yao for Pau Gasol?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pangzi, May 16, 2009.

1. missiiiiing

missiiiiing New Member

Stupid :eek: Advice

2. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

So people want to send Yao to the Lakers.

You are saying you want to play a team with Kobe + Yao 4 times a year and perhaps many more in the playoffs. Yes, this makes perfect sense. Yao - despite his limitations, plays hard and demands double team or fronting every game. You add Kobe, one of the top 3 players in the whole NBA to that equation... Yeah, it makes perfect sense.

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Just before game 7 of round 2, after having fought all the adversities, this Rockets team has the chance to do something special, we are arguing whether Yao should be traded, and who should he be traded for. How fitting?

All the whining and complaining about how YOFs don't care about Rockets, and once Yao is out, they would start to talk about Yao's contract. LOL. Ironically, a few loudest complainers are camping in this thread.

You got people throwing out baseless conclusion how Yao isn't as consistent as Pau, once confronted with actual data and fact, backpedaling to switch the statement from "regularly" to "playoffs". Once debunked by fact again, the next resort will probably be "I actually meant in the finals".

You got famous 99er, who whines about how he's unhappy with new fan base brought by Yao, how he wanted to do everything to turn everything back to the days of No-Yao. Funny thing is, he claimed how much he loves the team, after Yao gave everything on the court and played on fracture, he came out to call Yao "Chinese ice cream". That's how he "loves" this team, by hating on key part of this team.

You got residential hater, who came out to say Yao's action in game 1 which brought applause even from Lakers fans, was nothing but just a sting, and playing on fractured foot is nothing but still soft.

The list goes on and on. Why am I not surprised? Action speaks louder than words. A hateful mind is not qualified to talk about love, no matter what you claim, and no matter how senior you might be.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

I love what Yao brings to the team, but the problem is that once again he has made an early exit due to injuries. There may be a few people posting in this thread that do not like Yao, but the majority of us are frustrated that he can't seem to stay healthy. Maybe next year, if RA limits his minutes to say 30 a game, he will be able to last all the way through the post season.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

he's only averaging about 33 minutes per game, as it is. for there to be substantially less stress on that body, we're going to be talking about limiting him to about 25 mpg and playing every game....or sitting him every third game or so.

the rockets have to decide what it's worth to them to do that...what they're willing to pay for that.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Well, of course no one want to hear my hating of yao :rolleyes: . I think they're the same player personally, its just a matter of which do you want. Pau allows you to play multiple ways offensively and isn't the paint clogger on defense yao is. On the other hand, pau is better at defending the pnr which helps your guards on the perimeter. Neither guy is a superstar that you cuild your team around. Neither will win a title if they're the 1st option. Neither guy is a "dog" as they say. Both good players though. On this board, many will factor in these invisible extra benefits of yao to say he's better. If you do that, you have to also factor in the games he's missed vs pau. Pau has led a team to the playoffs without a player of tracy's talent also. So to me, its just a matter of what you want.

7. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

8. hahachui

hahachui Member

Yao?? are you serious?

Scola + chuck + Cook +sth for Gasol should be better

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Yawn. I don't have the time to conduct a remedial reading course, but let's run through this one more time.
    now which of those two words that you have quoted appears in the text quoted above? playoffs? good job!

yao would actually have to be healthy during the finals for this to be applicable. sorry, but no, your basic lack of reading comprehension skills isn't indicative of any failure of logic on my part.

i have no idea what hate or love have anything to do with this though your statement is fairly ironic as it is pretty obvious that the yao ming fan club is accustomed to letting emotions and clouded value presumptions obstruct any objective and reasoned critique of its mascot.

as far as i'm concerned, i haven't seen anyone claim they "hate" yao, so i'm not sure of the relevance of your empty rhetoric. and therein lies your problem - you take a critique as a personal indictment. i said myself in the opening post that yao was the most dominant big in the league. shall i say more to stroke your fractured ego? he's unguardable one on one. he's been tremendous at protecting the paint this season and has greatly improved his defense overall. he is also one of the most professional athletes that you can find, and has an attitude everyone should aspire towards imitating. still want more? he's probably the greatest overachiever in NBA history. no one in their right mind expected him to be a legit post presence.

are you satisfied now? i didn't think so. yao ming is what he is. i can recognize his flaws while appreciating his attributes. he is a lethal offensive weapon but not a full blown superstar. he has serious trouble defending the pick and roll. there is also the small issue that he may never be healthy for an extended period of time. that i recognize these things does not mean that i "hate" yao as your simple little mind would have it.

save the noble diatribe because reality isn't meeting up with the grave injustice you've managed to convince yourself of. i had better not see you criticize anything about any of our other players, because as you would have it, apparently virtue only lies in infallibility. get a grip.

10. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

You do not think THIS team with Yao as the 1st option can win a title? If Yao is healthy, we can beat the Cavs and the Nuggets, and it's 50-50 with the Lakers.

11. dox

dox Member

ROFLMAO

12. dox

dox Member

you said IF yao is healthy.. do u realize how big an IF that is? yao is too injury prone, its always a matter of when he next breaks a leg or foot or whatever..

13. zhengde

zhengde Member

"yes, definitely Yes" - from Mitch Kupchak

Are you blind? Please check the laker grounds forum to see laker fan's option about Paul Gasoft.

14. real_egal

Yawn. Blah blah, Yao isn't perfect. That's an established fact. Everyone criticizes Yao's shortcomings, including so-called YOFs. But criticizing does not equal hating, the usual standard "defense" you and your schoolmates resort to every single time. Talking about reading comprehension.

Yeah, nobody claims to hate Yao, so there is no hating on Yao. Just like nobody admits he/she is a racist/sexist, so America is free of racist/sexist. How convincing!

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

No, I'm not afraid to admit I'm sexist.

[​IMG]

16. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

lol on this thread

if you want, just exchange Yao with Pau, you would regret for >100000 years :D :D

17. thacabbage

look up "appeal to popular opinion." here's a hint: its fallacious argumentation.

as you would have it, if you look what rockets fans think about aaron brooks on our message board, you would think he was complete garbage, yet here he is putting us in position to knock off the lakers in game 7.

18. thacabbage

um, way to prove my entire point for me. you just explicitly admitted you deduce criticism of yao as 'hating' yao...

19. real_egal

Reading comprehension? Or logical incompetence? Or both?

I said everyone criticizes Yao Ming, including so-called YOFs.

20. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

no ,no that sounds unreasonable, frankly speaking , Scola is better than Gasol in the skills and moving but the length. Gasol is the typical player who gives the imagine of soft man from Europe, i think landry and Scola is enough for our team through this series against Lakers, trading Yao for him is really ridiculous unless the morey is crazy.in contrast, rockets should have contract with Yao, as long as Rockets can get one good PG and a backup center this summer by some trade with the manager morey, u can have higher expectation next season. so keep Yao here, go ,ro!