1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Yao for Pau Gasol?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pangzi, May 16, 2009.

1. lastmanstanding

Nice post. Since they are more or less even, who would you choose and would you trade Pau for Yao?

2. cavevato

cavevato Member

Anyone think the OP justs wants to see Yao and Kobe paired up, Rockets be damned?

3. Totoro

Totoro Member

Yes, in a heartbeat. Maybe Rox can somehow get his brother Marc and Pau to anchor the front line which will be awesome.

We all LOVE you big guy but it's just not working out for the fans and some of your teammates. You're a loyal guy and all but can't ask the fans to be loyal if you're not on the court showing off your skills because at this point I'm being forced to watch the so called best center "throwing up" an ugly 5 feet running hook in ECF and you understand it's a business decision.

Fans are fickle and selfish anyway, so no hard feeling and for the good of the team.

I bid you adios amigo!

4. tommyz2kool

tommyz2kool Member

Kobe and Yao would be unstoppable - assuming the rest of the NBA stays the same.

5. heyangw

heyangw Member

:D
    When seeing the best center throwing up a hook, I feel his wrist is as hard as my ankle.

6. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I think I've answered similar question raised by WeMissDekeMan. If Yao/Adelman/rest of Rockets can figure out how to use Yao effectively and efficiently, specifically on two issues, the fronting and Yao's playing time, there is no way this question should be asked. Yao or not, generally I am not for trading a player who contributes to the team if immediate benefits of the trade are not obvious.

#266 wnes, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009