1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Tracy now with the problems he has?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tested911, Mar 10, 2006.

1. tested911

tested911 Member

Please don't falme to hard but I would actually consider trading Tracy mainly because of his health. But other factors would be because of personal problems and sometimes not playing with all his hear and sould ( I understand that the personal problem might be a part of it )

I would trade Yao for AK47 and Matt Harpring.. Or AK47 and some other legit scorer from Utah..

AK47 might not produce the offensive numbers like Mcgrady but he was # 1 in the league in blocks last year or was it the year before that, and he's actually #3 in the league this year. He has way better defensive skills than Tracy and the dude hustles like he's in game 7 of the finals. On top of that he is a very good rebounder too.. 8-9 a game. Matt would fill in that outshide SG and balance the offensive numbers. Another Plus AK47 is young too.

Would Utah do it? since they need a legit superstar guy to promote the name. They havn't had one since Karl Malone.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I knew it. Here comes all the "we should have got PP" garbage.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, he had a tough year....Jordan had one too, early in his career, I think he broke his foot etc....

Just let Tmac heal, both emotionally and physically.

DD

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Our perimeter play would be absolutely atrocious if we gave up McGrady for Kirilenko and Harpring.

Give him a chance to recover physically and mentally. The potential of a McGrady/Yao nucleus is just too good to blow up after one season.

5. kryten128

kryten128 Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you a Jazz fan in disguise?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Kirilenko is just as injury-prone as T-mac, if not more so.

7. haven

haven Member

If anybody offered us Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce and change, or Lebron James...well, I think we'd have to do it. Anybody else? Nah.

8. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Give T-Mac a break, he put this team on his back and carried it for a year and a half, realistically who wouldn't have back problems after carrying somone like Yao that long!!~Joke

But really I wouldn't trade T-Mac for ak47.

AK47 rules but his scoring just isn't fluid looking, not only that but he is always injured aswell.

People rode Yao and said "Trade yao blahblah blah he sucks, he is a underachiver, he has no desire to win"*even I said that* well we all saw what happend now that we just hung in there. Well I'm going to leanr from the past and be by tracy and hang in their for him aswell. You can say "But back problems will plague his career" well say that after next season. Give him atleast a year to recover and get it going again.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

I think Clutch needs to have a filter to lock down all Tmac trade threads, otherwise they will be like the weeds in my yard, endless.

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

You mean T-Mac right?

FWIW, T-Mac's value is not at the point where one would like to deal him. His value as a result of his playoffs woes and potential career re-occuring injury is at all time low.

Hopefully we will not go throw such an injury stinct like this the rest of his career especially while in Houston.

11. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

When TMac's injured, no one wants him.

When TMac's healthy, you don't <b>want</b> to trade him.

So no.

12. pchan

pchan Member

I think that's a freudian slip that shows you are really a jazz fan :p

I won't trade Yao or TMac for AK47. AK47 is great but he is just as fragile as anyone else in the league. When was the last time has one healthy season?

Just use this year to establish Yao's dominance in the post.. and add a healthy T-mac next year to the mix.

13. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

The man is hurt and has been playing hurt for the major part of the season. Give him a break for crying out loud! Let him get healthy (both mentally and physically) before clawing to trade him away. Tracy is one of the top 5 talents in the league and he still has a lot of basketball left in him. He and Yao have established a very unique chemistry on the court and I am not willing to see that destroyed by trading Tracy away based on just one injury plauged season.

Man am I glad that our two franchise players are such big fans of each other and not like some of their fans (who'd just as soon sell one or the other down the river based on short term results :/ )...

14. smartxtai

smartxtai Contributing Member

You should really be ashamed of yourself for even considering trading a player of the caliber that TMAC has. You just sound like a person who jumps on the bandwagon and not a true fan. Tmac has worked hard when he joined the rockets and he has shown it. Obviously things have not gone the way he has wanted, but it doesn't mean that he should be traded because he worked hard this summer and as a result, injuring his back. Tmac can still get 25/5/5 easily when he plays. what on earth would getting ak help us in? We need OFFENSIVE.

15. brush

brush Contributing Member

No.

Rockets must show some loyalty to players, especially star player like Tracy. Otherwise how can you expect Yao or healthy Tracy to want to stay here in the future?

16. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Never every suggest trading our star player for a Jazzhole! That's like asking the Rockets to become Karla, Flopton, and Hornacek. :mad:

17. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Calm down guys and gals. Nobody in his right mind would trade T-Mac (thank God for a brain-dead Weisbrod) while he is in his prime. However, sometimes it's fun to play "what if?" -- it's just a way of everybody saying who their favorite players are without being disloyal to the Rockets.

Dwayne Wade and Dorell Wright for T-Mac?

#17 thumbs, Mar 10, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

T Mac is damaged goods and would be impossible to trade. When he is well in the off season he possibly might have to be trained to play a different but effective game. Possibly as playmaker Point Small Forward.

19. ikfit

ikfit Member

Before he came houston, I say no, cause I love sf, cat, cato and that Rockets.

Now, no way.

Clutch, Please lock all thread like this. PLease, Please.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, we better get used to it though...