1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Trade Tracy for the #1 pick in the draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zantabak1111, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Two Sandwiches

We must be running out of thread ideas...

2. doggfrenzy2

doggfrenzy2 Member

I'd trade Tmac for a sack of potatoes let alone a #1 draft pick!

3. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

I think it's a suck idea although we are performing well after T-MAC went away

4. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

Gilbert is more injury prone than mcgrady and we are not looking to rebuild, i think les and morey will waited until tmac come back or trade him depending on the situation, b4 teh trading deadline.

5. joesr

joesr Member

man the suns suck right now

oooh wrong thread

6. GATER

GATER Member

Not gonna happen. Grady's only value now is that of an expiring $22m. Lottery bound teams already have capspace.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

I wouldn't take Arenas' contract on for anything short of a guaranteed championship. That thing is the NBA equivalent of Darren Dreifort's deal with the Dodgers that started the whole nuclear arms race in baseball way back when.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Most people here would trade Tracy for a bag of chips. I think that's pretty stupid, but given what's been going on here lately it's an obvious NO BRAINER if this trade was on the table. What's the POINT of this thread exactly? Not even worthy of discussion. Close thread please.

9. Shanecer

Shanecer Member

why wont U pay some attention on Tracy's expiring contract.We r not a rebuilding team right now.We need that expiring contract to resign Scola,AB and another star in 2010.BD&GA's contracts will ruin this team.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Let's use our brain for a bit.
    Why on earth would Washington trade an injured star for another injured star, while also giving up the #1 pick in a draft??

Are you drunk?

11. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Tmac is done in Houston. Anybody who thinks he should be a starter for the rockets again, is a Tmac fan, not a rocket fan, just saying.

12. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

at least make a poll

13. worzel gummidge

I'd settle for Detroit's late 1st round pick and their multple second round picks (they own 3 in 2009). That is if they have the cap space to absorb McGrady's contract. There's a good chance they'll have the cap space.

With Dumars 2010 hunting, they'll need a stop gap Marqee name...

14. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

to the guy who said lets use our brain. Use yours, read some articles, many NBA teams borrowed on avg $11M today, washington may or may not be one of them. The bad economy is hammering NBA teams cap space or no cap space. The teams a re a business and getting railroaded when people can't afford to watch you play and eat an $8 hot dog is having a big effect on teams. Houston is in good shape financially thanks to Yao Ming and all the foreign income he brings us so we can afford to add while most others must subtract. I am just saying if some of you would actually be over 20 years of age and understand the economic side of this you would see that a team with a high pick trying to save money would love to fork over that pick rather than lose $20M more next year.

Scenario: Washington loses the #1 pick and Gilbert get TMAC

2010-2011 comes around, the economy is still in shambles, which it will be and we are paying $20M plus for Gilbert and Blake Griffin, Washington is free and clear of any financial commitments. Our income is down overall but thanks to the great wall and our deals overseas we still are making a nice enough profit to afford it, Washington may not be able to.

15. worzel gummidge

/\ Washington have said they're not one of the 15 teams borrowing NBA money. They also allegedly turned down offers of Wally's expiring contract for Jamison and Artest's expiring contract for Butler.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Top of this draft is weak IMO. The value of McGrady's contract as a trade asset > Blake Griffen.

17. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

If we can trade TMac for a Carter level player with a 2 or 3 years contract, I will stay away from Gilbert Arenas no matter what.

18. hokage5

hokage5 Member

There is no way a team would take T Mac for the 1st pick

19. alcatrazpsycho

I just want to wait it out; see how we finish the season, how we do in the playoffs.

I really like this team, and having an expiring contract in Tracy next season might be the best thing for the Rockets. I don't want to ruin this team's chemistry by taking on another huge contract or a potentially cancerous player.

Don't get me wrong, I like Agent Zero, but his injury-proneness is something we're trying to move away from, obviously.

20. lustdog

lustdog Member

I would trade Tmac for Ryan Bowen at this point.
    Now, don't talk about how it is impossible. I am just furious.