1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Trade Tracy for the #1 pick in the draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zantabak1111, Feb 26, 2009.

1. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

I honestly think come draft time, Morey is going to use Tmac to get a star with a long "bad" contract and a high lottery pick because alot of teams are going to want to save money period because of the economy along with the fact that we probably cannot get wade,bron, or bosh so might as well get someone with the contract.

I could see baron davis plus #3 or #4 pick for Tmac expiring

or the big enchilada

would you guys in a crazy scenario take Gilbert Arenas and his mean contract along with the #1 overall pick if that's who gets it in exchange for Tmac

Gilbert
    Shane
    Ron Artest
    Blake Griffin
    Yao

I doubt Gilbert ever comes back fully but to get a young stud like Griffin on the cheap for 4 years, you basically rebuild at the same time as Gilbert makes us suffer through his long deal. I don't know I'm sure I'll get flamed, but it's something to think about. I'm sure Washington really really wants out of Gils deal

2. GranvilleWaders

quicker than you can say .."lazy eye"!

3. aronsept

aronsept Member

i thought you were asking would yao trade tracy for 1# pick

4. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

In a heart beat...

5. tslee98

tslee98 Member

In before the lock. I've always wanted to say that. If Morey could pull that off, he would be put behind bars for highway robbery.

6. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

the next draft class looks pretty bad >_> so no

7. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

the draft class as a whole is bad as in not deep, but tell me you wouldn't want a cheap blake griffin or james harden along with Gilbert for 5 years in exchange for TMAC.

8. baller4life315

It depends what the exact offer is. If we're talking Arenas' franchise killing contract being involved you better guarantee Blake Griffin otherwise I hope this gets laughed off the table.

9. Tornadoofsoul6

Bigger question "Why would any trade #1 for McGrady?" Isiah isn't in New York anymore.

10. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

tornadoo, I don't know if you've seen the financial state of NBA teams. Today almost 15 teams borrowed on average $11M to help cover their budget. Gilbert Arenas is locked in on a very bad contract and it looks like he is going to be pretty Grant Hill-ish to say the least over the final 5 years of his deal. The rockets as long as we have Yao Ming will be fiarly secure financially because of our TV contracts and other deals with China. What I;m saying is would you take Gilbert's possibly saddling contract along with possible Blake Griffin on the cheap or would you rather just let Mcgrady walk and make an attempt at 2010 when I don't think we will sign anyone of importance anyhow.

11. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Member

How's that Yao block on LeBron taste like huh? How's that taste like? :D :D :D All smiles baby, all smiles.

12. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Member

Damn, had two reply windows open and posted on the wrong thread. Oh screw it. Yeah, I's trade him for a lottery pick in a heartbeat.

13. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Member

yes in a sec.

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Member

Considering T-Mac makes $21+ million it ain't happening. Ugh think before you post.

15. RocketMania1991

If only the lottery team who got this pick would do it :(

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

I have no idea who is on that draft so I can't say for sure. But my first inclination is yes, I would. I actually am not a T-Mac hater but microfracture surgery on your knee? I think Penny and Webber far more than I think Amare/Kidd on this one. Just for that I would definitely try to get whatever we could for T-Mac.

I would prefer to trade for a solid veteran and a draft pick though. VC and the first round from NJ pick? I'm dreaming, I know but I would totally do it.

17. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

Tmac for a lottery pick that could get us Hasheem Thabeet would be awesome.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

People....please remember when starting silly trade threads

THE SALARIES MUST COME CLOSE TO MATCHING

since a pick(lottery or other) has no value for salary cap purposes you cant just give mcgrady's contract to a team that does not have a matching amount of cap space.

19. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

I never said TMAC for a lottery pick, I said a team desperate to shed salary in light of the economic doom ahead and considering our good standing because of moeny coming in from overseas.

Tracy Mcgrady

for

Gilbert Arenas and #1 pick

Gilbert has an albatross of a contract and more than likely won't ever recover to be gilbert of old. If it was offered I'm sure Washington would gladly love to escape his deal, but Im saying would you or would you wait till 2010 offseason a time which I don't think we will land anyone.

20. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

As likely to happen as TMac coming back for the playoffs