1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade T-macs' expr. for Agent Zero?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Would rather go after Ben Gordon. Who'd give you 85% what Arenas does at half the cost.

2. okevino

okevino Rookie

arenas? no thanks.

since he signed that huge contract he spent more time in operation room than on the court.

3. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Hell no. Expiring McGrady contract during the year that:

LeBron
    Carmelo
    Bosh
    Wade

are all free agents?? Are you kidding me!

Imagine if we got Wade?!?!? He's probably missing the glory he
    had with Shaq and needs a team to get back to the Finals.

Yao
    Scola Landry
    Artest Battier
    Wade
    Brooks

WOW.

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

it's funnier how people dont know how valuable an expiring contract can be before the summer of 2010. i'd rather have a 10% shot at a Dwade and a 0.00001% chance at LeBron than a 0% shot.

5. Seth

Seth Member

Hell no, you don´t trade an injury prone player for another.

I would say we keep him in order to have enought cap space, but if we trade him i want someone who can actually contribute.

The most injury prone player i am willing to go is Baron Davis, obviously Wade because he is another players, but for so-so stars i won´t go further than Baron, and most of all because he is really clutch.

I would say that in a trade for T-Mac we get a player for half his contract and another expiring, or some youngster and an expiring.

I would like Morey to keep T-Mac on the sidelines, and use him as 6th man if possible, if he gives any sign of being unhappy with that, automatically sideline him and wait until his contract is up, maybe not the best scenario, but the best scenario regarding the 2010 free agency.

This team with T-Mac at decent, not great, level playing the sixth man role, buying into the team filosophy is an automatic contender. But if he fails in any of the areas, like not accepting to be 6th man, not buying in the team filosophy, or not reaching a decent level, he must be sidelined for the best.

6. STIX

STIX Member

NOO!!

Gilbert is talented and all but, he is another T-Mac that requires the ball a lot which is what we don't want.

I would rather trade T-Mac this next season for veteran players or young players that will help us out the next 2-3 seasons ahead but, not clog up the whole salary for the upcoming free agent signing fiesta.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

That's impossible. You can't get contracts and expect to have cap space to sign free agents. Unless you're talking about getting minimum salaried players, in which case why bother :confused:

8. ibm

ibm Member

rather let mcgrady's contract expire and not do the trade than for arenas. bad idea.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ben Gordon can't play PG and will have to come off the bench. How does equate to 85% of Arenas' production? I'd rather not have a 9 million or so bench player, thanks. Our entire PF rotation costs less than that amount.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If you think Tmac stagnated the offense imagine that times 10 and you get an idea of what Arenas would do.

11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

No way...id rather take a complement of players and draft picks over Arenas...

Chilcutt

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

NO

and here's where I'm different. I wouldn't do it if Arenas was healthy. He's a cancer for a team in the locker room and on the court. And pouts if he doesn't get things his way. Through a public blog

on the court, don't want someone who needs the ball so much and shoots so much...and doesn't have great vision really. TMac needed the ball, but at least he was a willing passer and a good to great one in terms of vision

13. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Zero sucks, he single handily eliminated the Wiz last year in the playoffs

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

No.

Not a fan of Arenas, isn't the max contract franchise player that I would want to build around. IMO, he's not a player I would give a max contract to begin with.

I'm not amused by his antics and other cute little thing he does that makes him apparently fan friendly. He's an attention w****, the guard version of Shaq IMO.

15. cavevato

cavevato Member

If healthy I would want him on the Rockets. He can play the 1/2 and the man has a great shot. I think hes the clutchest player in the NBA when you need a game winning shot or a tie, well maybe not free throws. He did play in the princeton offense, I wonder how he would do in Ricks current offense. I definetly like this better than the Vince Carter trade.

16. Lovemachine2000

Must be some really stupid Wizards fans. Seriously, the Arenas signing is one of the most atrocious deals in recent memory (Elton Brand also comes to mind; Magic fans will soon regret the outrageously overpaid Rashard Lewis, but at least he's producing now). Getting rid of the chronically injured Arenas for a 20-million expiring contract? Any person with a head would do that deal. Conversely, a hell-no! for us Houston fans.

17. Lovemachine2000

There you go, that's more like it, though ideally I'd like to get a starting 2-guard who's not undersized. Joe Johnson anyone? ;) His 15 mil contract expires next year too.

18. STIX

STIX Member

Trying to acquire a young talented player with a couple of expiring bench players while still having some money to spend during the off-season. I mean we already proved that we are a great team with the current roster we might even contend without the bench players that we don't even need.

Why not TRY to get atleast something out of "T-Mac"? :)