1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade T-macs' expr. for Agent Zero?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 23, 2009.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've heard that Gilbert Arenas is on his way back this week. I was thinking about the economy and the travesty that is the Washington Wizards. I'm sure unloading that 18 mil. six year deal would help them out a lot. He's only 27 and there would be 5 years left after this season. We need a pure shooter and a SG and he can defiantly shoot the ball. I would keep my eye on him if he comes back for these last games.

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the expiring contract is allowed to expire.

4. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

if he could perform like he did before then hells yeah

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

One broken player with only one year left on his contract for a broken down player with 5 years left. No thanks.

6. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Let me think...no.

7. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

No way would I take Arenas. I'm sure it's partly just me and the fact that I don't like him, but trying to put that aside, I see no reason why we would want him. He shoots around 40-42%, and is a volume shooter (shoots a ton to get his points). Add to that injuries and his terrible contract, I'd definitely pass on him.

Pugs

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This has been brought up a few times already. He's played in 13 games the past two seasons and he's on a $110 million dollar contract that runs through 2014. As Bill Simmons put it: Arenas is the new C-Webb, only a healthy C-Webb made you a legitimate title contender and Arenas doesn't. There's no way Morey takes a monster gamble like this.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I would and I wouldn't.

I love Gilbert, he's a great player and a goof... reminds me of Artest sometimes how he just kind of lives in his own world out there.

That being said, the guy is a walking injury and what we need more than anything is a dependable wing scorer.

10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Lets see...

Trading an broken superior talent for an less broken inferior talent?
    Trading a 1 year expiring for a 4 year expiring?

Unless the Wizard gives us their first round pick this year or packaging McGee + Butler + future second rounders, no way in hell Morey is gonna do this deal.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'd do it in a heartbeat. If they add Caron Butler and their First round pick :D I'd even give them brooks so the wizards fans won't revolt.

12. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

13. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Pondering...

NO!!

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

NO.

Nightmare salary (size & length) as we're walking into a MASSIVE revenue drop season for the NBA and the upcoming CBA (which should make deals like Arenas' less likely).

Arenas is the protypical Iversonian PG: freakishly unstoppable scorer, but has to dominate the ball and ice out his teammates to do so. No chance of a team offense if he is at the 1 spot. Career (consistently) 36% from deep and LOVES sending them from outside at that percentage. I don't know if he's the right guy to put next to Yao. A guy like Redd makes a LOT more sense.

15. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

It is funny, when i opened the BBS i could only read: "Would you trade T-macs' Expr for"

And I thought: I will trade T-mac's expr. for almost anything.

But Arenas is one of the few players i would not trade his contract for. I would rather just let his contract expire and try to get 1 or 2 good Role players.

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Gilbert Arenas has really disappeared. When was the last time he played an NBA game?

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Is this like a trick question?

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not me. I like Gil but not that much,plus he is injured too.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Considering the situation, it's a very high risk (could handcuff the franchise for a few years), very high reward situation (even bigger championship contenders).

It does not sound like a Morey deal at all. I would agree w/ Morey.

20. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

funny how some of yall wouldnt take arenas for tmac.. actually if take this proposal to the wiz msg board, they probably wouldnt tmac either.

fact is, both players' stock have taken a nosedive.