1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade T-Mac to get Kobe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munozadj, May 30, 2007.

1. tested911

tested911 Member

Barkley I'm going to ask you:

Why can't Tracy Mcgrady go around Derrick Old Man Fisher ( I know he's one of the best defender and he's quick as lighting *SARCASM* ) but Kobe can?

T-mac has about 7-8 inches over Fisher and yet can't drive to the basket because Fisher is a defensive jugernaught?
    What happened to his WILL??? do you not rememeber the many internviews where we spanked low quality teams and he used to say in the post interview I just imposed my WILL ( I hated that ) Impose my Will my A$#.. He shot 1 time in the last 4 min of GAME7 where was your damn WILL then Bi$%ch why can't you drive to the basket like you can and should.... Why does your FG% SUCK and knowing well that your about a 80% shooter when driving to the basket?

That is what I hate about Tracy Mcgrady he doesn't drive to the basket enough and since his outside FG% is horrendous drive to the damn basket Mofo... Kobe might just have a little better FG% but he has over 200 more free throw attemps than T-mac meaning he attacks ( has more heart and will ) ...... I was at game 7 believe me .. My whole section was screaming ATTACK the Basket .....

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

As a player Kobe is phenomenal, but I never have liked the guy as a person. Every time he talks its like nails on a chalkboard and I have to change the channel. So it would be really hard to root for him. Tmac, as overly emotional as he is, is a very good player and a good person, so he's much easier to root for.

So I would keep Tmac from strictly a personality standpoint. But if I were a manager, I can't say for sure that I wouldn't be tempted to find a way to make the trade happen.

You don't have to like a guy to hire him if he's the best person for the job.

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

this is when i really question your bball knowledge. do u play basketball? who drives around a shorter guy, esp. a guy 6-7 inches shorter than u. most likely he couldn't do it consistently. hell, even baron davis struggled getting around derek fisher.

there's a reason tmac's heigh is an advantage for a reason. when u have a guy 7 inches shorter than u, u shoot. how does kobe attack a guy shorter than him? fadeaways. how does he attack a guy taller or same size as him? penetrate.

that is what tmac did. fisher on him => fadeaways. giricek or AK47 =< drive.

but his jumper failed him miserably.

look man, jump-shooting is an essential part of the game. no one is gonna drive recklessly all game. u have to make some shots. he didn't. that cost us the series. he got the blame. move on. tmac now needs to go practice.

4. tested911

tested911 Member

Um its not like his jumpshot is going to get any better??? Can you tell me why Kobe has that many more free throw attempts??? COULD it be he actually drives to the basket more?

5. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

i agree...i cant believe why ppl would want kobe instead of tmac...tmac is a better fit for THIS team and kobe is a frikkin drama queen...i dont want that baggage comming to houston...

we need better role players to surround tmac and yao...pick up a starting pg and a decent pf and we should be good to go...

6. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

yeah mac definitely needs to improve that jumpshot of his...when he has some arc to that thing, he's money...but most of the time his shot is flat like juwan howards...

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

in the playoffs, who shot more fts? :D .

man, some people on here don't even watch the lakers and just look at stats and have the nerve to make such comments. do u know kobe is more of a jumpshooter now more than EVER??? and like tmac, he gets a lot of fts from getting fouled on the perimeter (and yes he does drive too). but if ulook at both, they drive and shoot about the same %.

the difference => kobe makes his jumper. it's that simple. did u watch the phoenix series? kobe basically stayed on the perimeter outside of the game where he scored 40+ pts.

8. tested911

tested911 Member

9. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

no i actually agree kobe is a better fit for this team in the sense that the team would stop making yao the first option. b/c tmac is so nice, JVG was cool w/ splitting time of first option b/t the two. but the season proved yao is a great 2nd option, not a first.

so w/ kobe, w/ his ego and established career, he would NO DOUBT be the first option. as a result, yao would have less responsibility and thus might be even more dominant. (if yao is not too afraid of kobe). but this is the best case scenario.

so in that sense, kobe does help if all chemistry stuff is right.

but on the other hand, tmac would fit the lakers perfectly.

10. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

11. tested911

tested911 Member

You know i thought the same thing .. Why is his shot is so straight but a buddy of mine told me that he's so tall that when your shooting from the perimeter and jump like he does really to him it looks like he doesn't need any arch at all.. Kinda makes sense to me but I dont' know if you can teach someone how to make changes to your jumpshot if you've been doing it for the past 10+ years... :( I actually think he needs to lose weight this off-season and that his bulk he aquired has hampered his shooting / athletic ability.

12. tested911

tested911 Member

Hey double sorry for the rant game 7 is still engrained in my mind.. It was my B-day gift and thought I was going to really see something special :( just frustration spewing out LOL but in the end you were right 1 offensive rebound would have done it.

13. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

watch him in 04-05 and watch his release to now. his elevation is not as high. he's still heavier than he should be. NBA.com listed his weight as 230, which is ridiculously high for a guy that thin. he should bring that down to 215-220 and he'll be fine.

but again, LIKE I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR 1000 TIMES, that's due to an offseason training and coming in in tip-top shape. tmac did not do that.

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

no i blame tmac for that loss. i was VERY disappointed in his playoff performance.

but take a step back and consider the whole season in general, he was never in shape or in rhythm to begin with.

if u saw fans on here during the season, one week, tmac is the hottest player ever. the next week he's the coldest player ever. that went on for a whole season. the inconsistent stretch caught up to him in the jazz series.

i'm gonna scutinize next season very closely and see what shape he comes in and things like that.

15. tsunami

tsunami Member

I blame both Yao and TMac, especially Yao. He was outplayed by Boozer and Okur.

16. Barkley

Barkley Member

Well OK. I think he should drive more but look. T-Mac is also known as a great shooter so when he has a smaller guy he feels like he should shoot. The other problem he was struggling from the outside

17. Barkley

Barkley Member

Good point. T-Mac was struggling but he had great 2nd halfs in game 1 and 2 and 5 and we won that game.

But what did Boozer and Okur do with Yao was amazing. Thay blocked him at the defensive end and outplayed him like a kid at the ofensive end.

OK Guys. We all know T-Mac and Yao will stay

18. ericmark

ericmark Member

You missed Gundy. JVG made yao like a Robot. When this Robot is figured out, it is just repetitive. Duncan had 8 TOs in one game, what happened next 2 games?

19. tsunami

tsunami Member

I really doubt TMAC is a great shooter right now. He's between average and good in that category. But NOT GREAT. And he's way to inconsistent, one game 50% FG, and the next 25% for no reason.

20. Barkley

Barkley Member

He is. For me that's no doubt. He is a great shooter maybe not the best but stil great.

LOL. I've just read : Kobe wants trade again! That tells you everything about that player. I can say onli: Congratulations KOBE! You're so stupid