1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade T-Mac to get Kobe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munozadj, May 30, 2007.

1. Astockmarketgod

and AGAIN, do u play basketball?

I play basketball... and when the games matter...I dont take off balance shots from 23 feet out... I go with what ever my bread and butter shots are...

because come playoff time... even your bread and butter shots are harder to make...

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

again, did u read my comment about saying how tmac played subpar???

i said he didn't play well. what else do u want me to say? tmac was not the typical tmac this playoffs.

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

T-Mac wasn't healthly at the beggining of the season we all know that. He went uot in December and he mised 11 games. Than when he returned you could see what he was doing. If he had stayed healthly all last season he would have scored probably about 27 a game, not 24. He's really good.

I have a feeling that saome of you guys wanna trade T-Mac cause you don't like him. I know you remember Francis+Mobley+Yao times but forget it. I can say I wanna Trade Yao...And what? Maybe we should start a new thread?

4. Barkley

Barkley Member

Yes T-Mac sucked in the playoffs that's right. But I hate our ofense. Just give the ball to Tracy and let him play- that was all that stupid JVG could do.

5. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

no, the trend in the playoffs was like the trend in the reg. season => inconsistent.

like i said, tmac was WILDLY inconsistent all season. and i attribute that too his lack of conditioning/training during the offseason.

games 1 and 2, he was great. though he shot bad in game 2, he def. controlled the game.

games 3 and 4, he was invisible.

game 5, straight up dominating

game 6, barely visible

game 7, straight up dominating

u see that trend? that's a horrible trend. tmac usually gets better and better as the season progresses. but this yr, he gets good, then bad, then good, then bad and its a game by game, week by wekk, or even month by month basis.

i am for sure u wont see that next yr.

6. Barkley

Barkley Member

I can't say he was dominating in game 1, 2 and 5. OK we won that games but he wasn't good. His jump shoot wasn't good.

7. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Anyone who says they wouldn't do this trade is a TMac fan more than a Rockets fan. Personally I'm a Rockets fan. I want the team to win. I don't care if i hate the player. I want him if he makes us win. How many of you want Bonzi again? How many want Ron Artest? I say bring 'em on as long as they help us win. I'll take criminals (Maxwell) as long as we win. You get the idea. Screw what the league thinks about our team's character, chemistry, work ethic, etc. Championships talk. Trade Tmac for Kobe. Trade Yao for Kobe. Trade half the team for Kobe. I'm pretty sure getting the best player in the league is an upgrade. I have no allegiances for coaches, players, or management. Fire, trade, sign, release whoever it takes to raise more banners in Toyota Center. I would hope that everyone on the board shares my sentiments but sadly people are Tmac only fans, Yao only fans, JVG only fans, etc instead of simply ROCKETS FANS.

8. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

To put this into perspective: I would trade Tmac + Shane + Sura for Kobe, and maybe more.

Kobe is one person who could lead a team to victory all by himself, and individually he is even better than he was when he won multiple rings w/ Shaq.

Tmac used to be able to lead a team to victory by himself, but not anymore.

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Son, sounds like you'd cheat at cards too. :(

10. banky

banky Member

too bad the Lakers wouldn't do this deal. They don't want a choker with back problems.

11. bubu1986

bubu1986 Member

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

12. kentcopper

kentcopper Member

I like Tmac,but I still choose Kobe. In my opinion, Kobe is one of great player in history.

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

You love a rapist who craves attention. Are you not perceptive enough to see that this POS was yanking everybody's chain for self-glorification?

14. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

You'd rather have a guy who put your franchise on hostage?

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I would trade Tmac, his family, uncle, nieces, and nephews to get Kobe. People don't appreciate what Kobe is doing on the basketball court because of his off the court issues.

Kobe needs a off the court friend bad.

16. Barkley

Barkley Member

But Kobe probably will stay in LA (if he doesn't change his decision toyday again). So no way to get Kobe and I'm glad with it. Keep TRACY!

17. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

apparently, he wants to be traded AGAIN. this fool is out of control. here's from the LA TIMES

When he spoke to The Times at 5:27 p.m., he reiterated his position from earlier in the morning.

"Nothing's changed," Bryant said. "It's just a matter of I don't want to go no place else. I don't have much of a choice. When things like this go down, you just sit back. What can I do? It's like a broken record."

When asked if he still wanted to be traded, he answered quickly and firmly: "Yes."

5:27 PM is AFTER the interview he had on KLAC which ended around 4pm anyways (but the interview ended around 1:30pm).

so apparently, he still wants to be traded. i guess he's just doing all of this so ppl will be sympathetic to him. even callers were callin in pissed about kobe. i think he's gonna be traded. lakers can't get west. they can't get any star back right now b/c kobe put the management under the bus, which ruined their credibility.

so the tmac for kobe talks can continue :D

18. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Marshall Faulk thought that the Lakers should trade Kobe for McGrady.

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

trust me, if they want to rebuild, they don't want tmac b/c he's already 28. if they want to make the playoffs still and get other pieces, they would trade for tmac. outside of wade, tmac is as close to kobe as u can get.

plus phil jackson publicly stated during the 02 or 03 season when the lakers faced the magic that tmac would fit the triangle to a T.

20. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i appreciate kobe. outside of tmac's 01-03 season, the last 2 yrs have been AMAZING to watch from an individual player stand point. he's a joy to watch.

but it's his ON-COURT issues that irritates people - the ignoring teammates, the not passing after they miss a few, the selfishness.

but he is a joy to watch for sure.