1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade T-Mac to get Kobe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munozadj, May 30, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

man this guy is smart? did u graduate from harvard or stupidville?

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

i'm curious, if tmac was to be traded for kobe, how would houston fans receive him in the first game back?

3. bigfishnyc

bigfishnyc Member

They would boo him stupid.

4. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

pull the trigger, man, 1000000000000000% for sure. it's KOBE, best player in the NBA

5. tsunami

tsunami Member

link ?

6. tsunami

tsunami Member

he will not be booed, but business is business.

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

The key is why Lakers want do this? I don't see a good reason for Lakers to send Kobe to Houston.

8. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

again kobe is te only player w/ a no-trade clause. that means he can determine whereever he wants to go. and tracy mcgrady is the only superstar they can get back if they indeed want a superstar in return.

the other superstars (lebron/melo/arenas...) are much younger and kobe is 28. so other franchises are not as willing to depart with them.

tmac has his own problems so it's easier for houston to let him go. and since lakers never want to rebuild, getting tmac and hopefully another star would put them back in competitive mode.

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

1. Trade Yao for KG
    2. Trade Tmac for Kobe
    3 Bring bibby or mo williams
    4. Get lawrence roberts or kenny thomas.

With a new coach , 2 real superstars, uptempo offense and the red rowdies its about time for a real championship!

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

To be serious if Tmac gets included in trade talk and it doesn't go through.....we would have some problems.

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yup, he then would demand his OWN trade. if houston does put tmac in trade talks, it better goes through b/c that means they don't think he can get it done.

so if that's the case, they better get it done. or else tmac would be pissed asking for his own trade.

12. tsunami

tsunami Member

That said, both Kobe and TMAC have similar level of ego. They are not Pippen and Jordan. Both of them want to be the Batman. But Yao is willing to be a Robin. It's ridiculous to even think TMAC / Kobe in the same team cause they need 2 bballs on court.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Kobe Bryant: Michael Keaton's Batman
    Tracy McGrady: George Clooney's Batman

'nuff said.

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

though the all-star game is nothing to be wowed over about, but tmac and kobe as the backcourt have worked very fluidly together. again, kobe would pass a little bit more if the guy he's passing to is on a level he respects (like he did shaq). and he does respect tracy. there's a reason why kobe's defensive intensity increases whenever he faces tracy.

tmac def. respects kobe. and he's a PG innately in nature. he fancies magic more than jordan when he grew up.

so that would work. plus, u dont really need a post game with these two. they both have good enough of a post game to negate a big man, esp. kobe.

15. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I very reluctantly voted yes. I think Kobe at this point is a much better swingman than T-Mac but I also think he is potentially a cancer.

I can see Kobe and Yao winning a championship then I can see it next season implode as Kobe's ego eclipses what's good for the team.

16. domjk2310

domjk2310 Member

Who woudn't want KOBE?? ppl denying this trade is just stupid. but anyway u indeed need another player or 2 to go with T-Mac. Kobe+Yao >T-mac+Yao who says NO?

17. Propafenone2000

Propafenone2000 New Member

I like this idea. What this team really needed is a good team leader. Tmac and Yao do not have ability to play this role. I don't mean they are not good players. Actually, they are superstars in this league. However, both of them are not a that kind of leader who can lead this team to chapionship, they do not have the hearts of Chapionship, at least in this season. Based on this reason, I don't think just hiring another coach can change this team a lot. To be honest, I am a Yao fan. I don't like Kobe that much. But I still remeber when Lakers played with Rockets, no, it's Kobe play with Rockets, that's his battle, he fought like a lonly wolve. You can see the hunger for wining from his eyes. But you normally can not see this from Tmac and Yao's eyes, at most time, what you can see is frustration.

I trully believe that Kobe + Yao = Chapionship. But I don't think CD can make it true.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lol @ doubleh33 trying to put down Kobe as much as possible. Trying too hard to convince people, bud. Kobe *is* a great player - a much better winner than T-Mac.

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

kobe is a better individual player than tmac. i never disagreed on that.

i just disagreed how on ppl think the gap is like a 10 mile difference b/t the two. that's all. ppl on here are sayin kobe is great and comparing him to tmac, tmac is like a scrub.

that's all.

20. tsunami

tsunami Member

I think 10 miles difference is a fair saying. TMAC is around 100 miles, but Kobe is 110 miles, that 10 miles gap is fair. Why are you so mad ?