1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade T-Mac to get Kobe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munozadj, May 30, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

apparently he trusts phil like god.

dude is a drama queen. he just needs to shut up man. he puts the sports world in limbo and then goes back to basically the same as before.

2. Barkley

Barkley Member

He is like akid. He changes his decisions 1000 times. I hate it. Shut up Kobe. Don't say another informations erey day. You wanna stay or you wanna be traded. That's not funny at all. That's stupid. I know Kobe will say tomorrow that he'll stay in LA....nothing new

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

he just said on an LA radio show he's on right now he never demanded to be traded? :(

well, what did he just do on the SAS show?

4. langal

langal Contributing Member

I'd give him a break here.

He said some stuff that Shaq has come out and backed.

From ESPN:

Shaq and Kobe have a bad history and I would tend to believe them if they both agree on something.

I'm not saying that Kobe is completely blameless here but the problem seems to be moreso with Lakers management. They have Mitch, Jerry, and Jim Buss all making the decisions right now and the team lacks direction.

Oh yes and I would trade Tmac in a heartbeat for Kobe. I think their talent levels are comparable. But Kobe's commitment to conditioning and work ethic make him a better player. More importantly, Tmac's back is a HUGE concern.

5. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Equations revised:

Shaq+Kobe+PJ = 3 Rings.

Tracy+Yao+JVG = 3 first round exits.

6. Barkley

Barkley Member

Well I have Kobe in my a$$ and he is just stupid right now. I've never seen that behaviour. He thinks he's the best in the world and he'll do what he wants. Lakerts should kick his ass. I just wanna say LOL. Bryant you're so stupid

7. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

Tmac is the Houston Rockets. Whoever wants to trade Tmac should leave this board. You are not welcome here!!!!!!

8. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

Hi..I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such other Ridiculous Trade Threads as:
    "Who Wants our Howard? A Summer of Discontent", and "T-Mac for Kobe: Mama's Hide Your Daughters"...​

[​IMG]

9. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

No. I just don't like him. I don't ever want to see him as a Rocket.

10. mewtwomiu

mewtwomiu Contributing Member

I'd trade Kobe for Yao.

Kobe and Tmac could be similar to another duo.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

12. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

notice how ESPN claims tmac is going into his overall game prime. and ppl on here thinks he's past his prime.

a guy past his prime is all-nba 2nd team haha/

13. tsunami

tsunami Member

we need two balls on court if Kobe & Tmac in the same team.

14. getready

getready Member

In a heartbeat.....kobe >>>>>> macsoftie

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

tmac is a playmaker at heart. dude is fine w/ getting 10 dimes brother. he's the most unselfish superstar in the L.

i dont know how any player can defer to yao 2 yrs ago when he first came here when yao wasn't even great yet.

16. ericdwj

ericdwj Member

If Les was Serious about Winning and Profits

If Les is serious about winning he will do everything in his power to capitalize on this opportunity to get kobe. I have never been a kobe fan, but the guy gets it done night in and night out. Lose the kobe is selfish talk. Does he make mistakes, yes, does T-Mac, hell yes, so does everyone. There is a level of selfishness that all of the great players have, they wanted the ball in their hands. This era of "getting my teammates involved is crap, when you need your star player to take control". No one on this board can honestly argue that if kobe was on this team this year, we would still be playing right now. Tmac, hasn’t learned from his own mistakes, for instance, "it's on me" = cowardness. The guy needs to learn to let his play speak for him and not his mouth. And that's what kobe does, lets the play speak for itself. We didn't bring Tmac here to be a playmaker, we brought him over to be a scorer. Adding kobe, will mean a 1st team defensive and 1st team offensive player, and a player who can close in pressure situations. Losing Tmac for kobe means losing a nondefensive impact player (who has the capability) and a guy who consistently folds under pressure. This deal would make since financially (profits for Les) and the teams winning percentage. Les said he would enter the luxury tax for the right player; the right player is now available.

BTW- Jamal Maglore would be an excellent fit at power forward

17. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Teams that Kobe would Play for:

Chicago/ Houston/ Phoenix/ New York/ Denver/ Clippers/ Dallas

With Kobe's no-trade clause, he would only want to go to a contender and play with strong inside presence.

Chicago: Gordon/Deng and Change
    Houston: T-Mac/ Head
    Phoenix: Amare/ Barbosa
    New York: Frye/ Marbury/ Etc (crap!)
    Denver: Carmelo/ Nene
    Clippers: Elton/ Change
    Dallas: Nowitzki

I think that the only other situations that Kobe could truly have another star caliber player in a big market would be Phoenix or Denver. Dallas would be very deep but mostly with swing players and would still be a doughnut.

Phoenix would be Nash/Marion/Kobe and change which would be compelling and Denver would still have AI/Camby etc.

I honestly think that Houston with Kobe/Yao/Battier and change is the best option if Kobe truly wants out into a situation with a strong dominant inside presence.

Though I do think T-Mac runs the offense better and is a better player, team-mate and playmaker. I also think T-mac is a more versatile defender and scorer. Kobe, though lacks the health issues and is just a killer instinct player. Yao is the perfect complement to his ego.

I think if we traded for Kobe we would have an even more immediate need for a better point guard or for Yao to play the high post and be more of a playmaker as Vlade/Webber did in Sacramento.

I also think we should trade for Artest and attempt to Keep Bonzi as Kobe has the Jordan type personality that keeps players (like Jordan Kept Rodman and Pippen) in line.

I think if he wants out, Houston truly is the best situation for him and LA would get back T-Mac who is a comprable talent and a young good player in Head and throw in a draft pick. Or we take on a bad salary like Radmanovic and send them expiring contracts
    in Sura as well.

18. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

I hope Rockets organization show some loyalty. TMac gave all he got to the team. Don't give up on him just now please.

19. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

kobe and t-mac would be a terrible idea. We have no depth, it would be a 2 man show on the perimeter and that does not work

20. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

we would get a turiaf or kwame brown along w/ that if we trade yao for kobe. have u seen MJ-PIPPEN? it aint like they had depth behind them.

but let's relax, kobe is not gonna be traded.