1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade T-Mac to get Kobe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munozadj, May 30, 2007.

1. Munozadj

Munozadj Contributing Member

In your opinion, due to the recent ESPN rumor of Kobe's disatisfaction and trade request with the ownership's [Jerry BussT] direction with the team, would you trade T-Mac to get Kobe, and if so, who would you add Rockets players or get more Laker players to get him?

In my opinion: get him, but not for more than T-Mac and a possible two bench players or one other starter. Such as T-Mac and Reefer Alston and Kobe with one marqee or two bench warmers. Then find that elusive "real point guard," what's his name?

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

would I trade kobe for tmac? I love tmac, but yes.
    would the lakers do it? no.
    do I think you're smart for creating this thread? no.

3. tsunami

tsunami Member

Well, it's 100% impossible for Kobe to leave Lakers 2 weeks ago. But now, I'd say there is a 20% possibility. Kobe's selfish (also stupid) personality, and hence, the unavoidable conflict between him and Lakers organization, might finally trigger a trade involving Kobe.

Read this article, you might reconsider whether Lakers would do it:

Yahoo: What a Selfish Kobe !

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

yea i never consider kobe throwing that whole organization under the buss. he's calling their front office a mess and in disarray.

wow. dude is putting everyone on notice.

i think if ur gonna trade tmac for kobe, might as well trade yao for KG, but the kobe-yao combo won't work very well since kobe's personality is more dominant than yao. yao will be hesitant whenever he goes into his "soft" period of play.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yeah, we need a player who plays passive and doesn't have a dominant personality. That will definitely work with Yao. Oh wait, we already have that player in T-Mac. That's going very well...

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

for yao it's going very well. i'm talking about yao's progression. having kobe and his style of play now will limit what yao can achieve. i never said it would not work for the team. imagine kobe's reactions when yao gets dunked, blocked, or turns it over. :(

7. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

do you people not see the sticky at the top of this page? :rolleyes:

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

What can Yao achieve? To be a dominant big man right? If Yao can't be a dominant big man with Kobe, then he can't be a dominant big man with Tracy. Shaq+Kobe = 3 Rings. Tracy+Yao = 3 first round exits. There is no progression there.

9. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

I concur!

I think this topic deserves it's own thread, plus the poll results are very interesting!

10. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Kobe and Princeton offence don't sound right in the same sentence. If you are looking for team leadership Bryant isn't exactly what a franchise needs.

But maybe I'm biased. I lived in LA a long time and saw many Lakers games during the championship years, and I never liked his game. I think Kobe would do well for a bad team in a major market in the East...you know, that team with the GM that has a thing for high-priced players with character issues and no concern for cap...

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

if i knew t-mac was gonna stay healthy, no, because i just don't like kobe, and t-mac is really good himself.

as is, obviously the rockets would be stupid not to make that trade.

of course this is never ever ever going to happen.

12. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

No way amigo! But I would trade Juwan Howard for Kobe! :eek:

13. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I would be afraid he would be another Quttin Pipping if things did not work for him.

Hell No!!

14. Barkley

Barkley Member

That's tough but i would definetly say NO ! I know Kobe's better than T-Mac but Kobe plays alone. He's not a playmaker. I hate his decisions when he shoots to much. He has 31 PPG but he plays in LA (look at their roster) Kobe likes to play alone he first thinks to score than to pass the ball and in my opinion he's too selfish. He's the best player in NBA but I don't like him.

Kibe says a lot of times that he ants to stay in LA and he wants to retire here. So Kobe's not going anywhere. He'll stay in LA!

Kobe doesn't fit to Houston. I like Tracy and Houston is the best team for him. That's my opinion but you all guys know that we won't trade T-Mac.

We better talk albou trade other players like Juwan or Rafer, not Tracy or Yao

Be serious

15. Barkley

Barkley Member

Ho wabout Kobe+Odom for Tracy+Yao :p :D

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

no brainer. you have to make that deal if it's possible.

health, jumpshot, defense. championship experiance. all advantages of kobe.

kobe would also be the clear #1 option. something niether mac or yao seem comfortable with.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I love T-Mac but Kobe is probably the best player/rapist in the league. You'd have to do it. T-Mac can put up 40 on any given night but Kobe can put up 60 on any given night. It's ridiculous. I think Yao is also one of the very few superstars in the league who could work well with Kobe due to his selflessness. Kobe, on the other hand, has the killer instinct and leadership abilities our team lacks. Yeah. I'd do it but it isn't going to happen.

18. rocketsmetalspd

Kobe had his chances to have a great run with Shaq. I rather see T-Mac win a title. Kobe has his three rings and T-Mac deserves at least one.

19. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

one star, and not even a good star, it's going to be one of those r****ded lucky charm orange stars, you know, the ones that were discontinued because they sucked so much? It sucked so much that General Mills was like, "damn, these stupid deformed stars are so bad that we can't sell our cereal that is pure sugar, we're going to have to do something about it because kids don't want to eat our cereal with crappy deformed stars in them." So they added a little white thing on it and called it a "shooting star" which sucked just as much but it was just enough to get the stupid kids to continue buying their Lucky Charms.

But you don't get one of those shooting stars, you get the regular old deformed one. Just one.

20. chonox

chonox Member

.... HAHAHAHA LOL :D

as to the thread..... no way its gonna happen, i guess u started to thread to gauge rox fans reactions... i just dont see yao improving with kobe running the show, kobe is just whining but he'll still be in a lakers jersey next year