1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Sengun/Tate/2023 1st unprotected for Zion?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Feb 22, 2022.

?

Trade Sengun+ for Zion?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun let it stop you, Sam.

I am too moderate, I'll stop when it is getting too hot for me.:oops:

At least they did not pick Sam Bowie.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also Green can blow up also.

Dobbizzle, BHannes2BHonest and xaos like this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sure.

Maybe we can also bring Chandsome Parsons back for $24,000,000 a year for 4 years.

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

I'd bet on it

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In a world like this yes, on the Rockets the blowing up odds are little less.

Obviously you have to have a real coach and real plays........and not Schroeder taking away shots.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Nah we already have enough drama on this team.

7. H. Christopher

Nah. Sengun is already better than Zion. So is Tate.

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What a great strategy, that has worked exactly ONE time in the Rocket's history - where we got Harden.

Since we apparently can't draft a Superstar - let's hope that someone has a disgruntled one lying around.....

SIGH.

I voted no, only because I want Sengun to stay, but in general, I would take that risk, maybe for Wood, or Green....or KPJ - whichever guard they want......Tate is a dime a dozen player a hard working Chuck Hayes type, he is not going to move the needle....

ZION moves the needle, if healthy.....we have redundant pieces in our guards....Green, KPJ, Christopher etc......so if we could do one of them, a FRP, and Tate......instead of Sengun then HELL YES....

Still think it is a hard strategy to try to build from....and generally a failed one.

DD

#68 DaDakota, Feb 22, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    hakeem94 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

If Sengun and Tate can average 27 ppg on elite efficiency, then we got two MVP level centerpieces already in Tate and Sengun.

But that's not the case. I hope this was a sarcastic statement. The only reason one would prefer Sengun to Zion is Zion's issues with controlling his weight.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If the only thing Zion does is score and add some average rebounding, Green would be the swap for him. Scoring potential for scoring.

clutchdabear, hakeem94 and DaDakota like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yea..... trading sengun, Tate and an unprotected first + he might bail or retire early not worth it.

Basically giving up 3 assets to force wood to play center until zion comes back if he ever does.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. MadRox

MadRox Member

2 years ago yes, now not so much. I'm afraid Zion might turn out to be another Greg Oden

cmoak1982 and verysimplejason like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Zion and Green as your core?

May as well draft Banchero too while at it and really put stamp on this era of Rockets basketball.

14. verysimplejason

Zion's an all-star material but he's only valuable if he can mature fast enough. He's like a big baby. He's not what you need for a championship team. Having the right set of mind is very important to win it all. A lot of excellent players that's physically may win it all. But they fail because they don't have the proper mind set. The consequence of trading for him is just too much. If he can't even lose the weight to play, how do you expect him to be a centerpiece of your team? Looking at Zion's skill, he's totally reliant on his ability to bulldoze and to be fast enough to reach the ring. Without that, he'll be garbage.

D-rock likes this.
  15. xaos

xaos Member

I understand people being upset we didn't draft Mobley, but I can't even imagine thinking a Green for Zion trade will benefit the Rockets. I really need yall to understand Zion is done. If you are willing to give up on Green, but think Zion has a bright future in this league I don't know what to say. You just hate Green.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. verysimplejason

Just draft any of the 3 best players in the draft and get a good PG. Rockets got lots of wings and guards that's good enough for playoffs.

17. xaos

xaos Member

Yes. This is the most likely scenario.

18. fchowd0311

Do you know how many 20 years olds in NBA history can average 25+ ppg on elite efficiency(+ 60% ts)?

Im assuming every single one of them are all time greats.

Now Zion has a huge red flag due to his weight issues hence why I would be hesitant in the hypothetical trade being proposed.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

100% false. Zion is excellent off the ball. He isn't a 1 on 1 player. His ability to finish off passes and in the paint and play pnr are huge weapons. His efficiency is extremely rare for his age. No idea how anyone who actually followed Zion's career would think he is only effective just giving him the ball and telling him to just go. That's never been him

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

to be fair, nobody knows if Zion is done or not.

nobody thought Curry would be what he is, when his ankles seemingly just never could be healthy and that was for years

hakeem94 likes this.