1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Trade Mobley for Dirk Nowitzki?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr.Clutch, Jan 7, 2001.

1. Mr.Clutch

Mr.Clutch Member

We alrady have great shooting guards, what we need now is a forward who can score, rebound, assist and play either power or small forward! The last person we had like that was Pippen. Nowitzki is the perfect guy for us and YES....I WOULD GIVE UP Cuttino "Thinks he is all Hard" Mobley for him.

------------------
    --Vice President of the Matt Bullard and Dan Langhi Fan Club--

2. ktfirstbsktnewmillenium

I would do that trade instantly. Nowitski would make matchup problems for opposing teams.

------------------
    This is ktfirstbsktof01. I changed my email address, and I put it in the profile thing. I spelled it wrong, so I can't get my new password. Do you guys know how to recover the password? I can't use the forget your password? thing, cause the email address I put in is invalid. I'll use this username until I can restore my password.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Of course we'd do it. Problem is no one with even half a brain would even consider giving Nowitzki for Mobley.

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier and Mo Taylor fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

4. Summer Song Giver

Yep,and while I was at it I'd trade Wizard for McDyess and Bullard for the first overall pick next year [​IMG]

------------------
    Now chew through my ball sack

5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

In a heartbeat. Other the Steve and Dream, what else do we need to make it happen.

------------------
    GATER

6. DJ

DJ Member

Summer Song Giver, how can you trade Walt Williams to Denver for Antonio McDyess and Matt Bullard, if Bullard and Williams are on the same team?

------------------

7. ktfirstbsktnewmillenium

DJ, I think he was joking. Cause someone wrote that 'you'd (Dallas)have ta be stupid to trade Nowitski for Cuttino'.

------------------
    This is ktfirstbsktof01. I changed my email address, and I put it in the profile thing. I spelled it wrong, so I can't get my new password. Do you guys know how to recover the password? I can't use the forget your password? thing, cause the email address I put in is invalid. I'll use this username until I can restore my password.

8. Mr.Clutch

Mr.Clutch Member

Ok then, Would you trade

Mobley
    Langhi
    Rogers
    Cato

for

Nowitzki
    draft pick??

------------------

9. ktfirstbsktnewmillenium

No, cause when Hakeem retires, Cato could be a good starting center.

------------------

10. Mr.Clutch

Mr.Clutch Member

Cato stinks

He has nooo moves...no defense!
    He is a BUST! period! no comments!

------------------

11. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Dirk is Dallas's gem. They took a chance on him, and it looked bad his first year. Boy, he's proving the critics wrong. He's actually a decent rebounder and athlete.

I would do : Cuttino/#1 for Nowitzki in a heartbeat.

------------------
    "We don't have any plans. We just plan to win." Mack Brown

12. Mr.Clutch

Mr.Clutch Member

See....I still wished we had Pippen, so that we could have TRADED HIM FOR NOWITZKI,..AT THAT POINT, DALLAS WOULD HAVE DONE THE DAMN TRADE!

------------------

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes, but the Mavs aren't stupid enough to trade Nowitzki for Mobley straight up.

No.... really... I mean it... they're not as stupid as they have been in the past.

Stop laughing, I'm serious.

[​IMG]

------------------
    "Christ, it's not as if Steve pissed on a guy!!!!!" -- cson makes a return to my quotable sig as he comments on how Steve Francis should not be T'd up for slapping the backboard on a dunk...speak loudly cson, you rock!

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He's 7 feet tall and blocks shots. Instant trade bait.

------------------
    "Christ, it's not as if Steve pissed on a guy!!!!!" -- cson makes a return to my quotable sig as he comments on how Steve Francis should not be T'd up for slapping the backboard on a dunk...speak loudly cson, you rock!

15. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Actually DJ Summer Song Giver said she would trade Walt for McDyess and trade Matt Bullard for the number one pick overall, come on we would be getting robbed! [​IMG] Mobes for Dirk huh? Yeah that's going to happen! I know some of you guys are upset at Cat, but again look at what you're posting. . .

------------------
    "I have a scale at home and it only goes up so far, I love that scale!"
    - Charles Barkley
    TNT Studios

16. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Millenium, so you're saying you would rather have Cat then Dirk ? Or, are you saying some of us are offering too much for Dirk ?

------------------
    "We don't have any plans. We just plan to win." Mack Brown

17. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

nah...we want bull!!!! no dice until you throw in air bull!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    the nuggets suck...i know, i know!

18. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

the funny part is he made dallas throw in the draft pick. as if to 'even it up a bit' [​IMG]

------------------
    the nuggets suck...i know, i know!

19. RocksMillenium

Oh no gr8-1 if that deal ever came up I would do that in a HEART beat, are you kidding? [​IMG] Actually I don't think we would be offering ENOUGH for Dirk. Think about it, Dirk is probably one of the top 3 SF's in the league this season. He is tearing it up he presents serious matchup problems and can play SF, PF and even center against a lot of teams. Cat is a good player, I love the guy, heart, desire, explosive offense, best 6 man in the NBA. But if you were building a team would you take Dirk, or would you take Cat? And who is a better fit for this team Cat or Dirk? Cat would fit better because we are guard oriented, but Dirk would help our frontcourt tremendously, but think about it from the other end, who fits Dallas better Cat or Dirk? Obviously Dirk would, and Dallas would fall off if they took Cat, who doesn't fit their team.

------------------
    - Charles Barkley
    TNT Studios

20. RocksMillenium

Think about that deal though, how does it help Dallas? We give them more PFs? I tell you, if 45% of the leagues PFs reside in Portland, 35% of the other 55% reside in Dallas. Dallas is Portland-lite, and if Portland doesn't need a PF Dallas likely doesn't. Langhi is unproven, though he looks nice in spots he just isn't given the time to show his stuff. And Cat doesn't fit their team. And even if they play Cato at center, why would they do that when they have shot-blocker Shawn Bradley? Why take on Cato's contract, especially if it could hinder their chances at keeping Finley and adding more players? And for that we would be asking them to give up what is likely the centerpiece of their team and a draft pick.

------------------
    - Charles Barkley
    TNT Studios

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited January 07, 2001).]