1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Trade Lowry For Gasol? (POLL)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aussie_Fozzey, Feb 28, 2012.

Tags:
?

Would you trade Lowry For Pau?

1. Yes Trade Lowry

92 vote(s)
    19.5%
  2. No Keep Lowry

380 vote(s)
    80.5%
  1. Third eye

Third eye Member

Yes if we could have him, dragic, clee

2. conquistador#11

ok gm, if we dont overrate our players, why should other teams even think about taking them on?
    I would love to have pau...just not for lowry, dragic and parsons. they can have anyone else.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'd trade Lowry for a big, but probably not Gasol.

4. monster

monster Member

Gasol is too old. I may have made the trade a couple of months ago when it could have helped our WIN NOW strategy, but we're a couple of years away from any likely chance of being a strong contender in the west. Gasol is not someone I want to pay a lot of money to while we're building/rebuilding for the future. We need a physical PF/C who can score and play D. Scola needs to go, or come off the bench...which he's paid too much to do. Teams destroy us in the paint. Camby is a great roler playing big, but we need someone younger and athletic to anchor the D. Gasol doesn't help with this, and Bynum is too immature to count on, or even want. I'm not against moving Lowry, but not for Gasol. Dragic has been a pleasant surprise this season, but I'm not ready to assume that he is ready or good enough to lead our offense as the starter. It's a nice 1-2 punch to have them both, but one will probably have to go.

Doesn't Olajuwon have any sons who are about ready for the NBA? :grin::grin:

5. CDave

CDave Member

No fool in their right mind trades a quality BIG for a point guard unless there was an age or salary disparity or unless we're talking about a Chris Paul for example which we most assuredly are not. That's the way it's been with very few exceptions for a long, long time in the NBA.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

LA would never do that trade at this point. Lowry has nowhere near that kind of value. Rockets should jump at that if it was a possibility.