1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Lin for Lillard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sigmund, Aug 8, 2012.

?

Would you trade Lin for Lillard?

1. Yes, but only without picks

12.4%
  2. Yes, but only for one first round pick

10.8%
  3. Yes, whatever it takes

41.7%
  4. No

35.1%
  1. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Unless, you are a Lebron, Kobe, or MJ....you will only be as good as they system you play for. Just look at Harden and Lin....when they have full control of the team they can do a lot of damage.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Harden got a max contract playing with 2 other superstars.

3. dsid411

dsid411 Member

Yes in a heartbeat, Lin isn't that good and Lillard has shown more potential to be a star outside of a Mike D offense.

4. visible

visible Member

Lillard is really good. So why does Portland want to trade him away?

Every giving night if there is outperformanced pg showing up, are you going to bring up this topic? Geez.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

FYI, had the Charlotte Bobcats selected Thomas Robinson over MKG at #2 (a distinct possibility leading right up to the start of the 2012 NBA Draft), I'm pretty sure that Damian Lillard would be playing for either the Houston Rockets or the Orlando Magic (with Dwight being a Rocket) right now.

(My understanding was that the Kings and Rockets had a deal in place that was contingent on Thomas Robinson NOT still being on the board at #5. However, when the Bobcats decided at the last minute not to select Robinson, and he fell to the Kings, the deal was off. Not 100% sure on that one but have a fairly strong feeling about it.)

6. nono

nono Member

Trade Lin for Lillard, Harden for Kobe and Patterson for Aldridge. Road to championship.

7. rokit

rokit Member

harden and lin had the same stats last year (lin played less games tho).

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Feign reported it's for MKG instead if he's available at #5. I wouldn't mind Lillard, but MKG does perform great(similar PER as Lillard with less MPG but with superb defense) so far and he's 3 years younger.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's a major understatement.

10. rokit

rokit Member

i'm just saying system is very important, that's why westbrook signed the max contract and harden almost got traded to the wizards.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

And who got the max contract? (I'll play your game)

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Portland wouldn't even answer the phone

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Except they were willing to dish out near max contract money for Harden.

14. rokit

rokit Member

westbrook

15. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

We do?
    You do know no Toronto pick means no Harden either, right?

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Clutchfans at it's finest..

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

True, MKG was #2 on the Rockets' draft board, but I think Cleveland may have taken MKG at #4 over Waiters (there was a great story from ESPN? about the Cavs' draft process that stated it was between MKG and Waiters in the final moments before the draft.) Heck, it may have been a toss-up between MKG and Beal for the Wizards at #3.

So I'm thinking it would have gone something like this: Davis at #1, Robinson at #2, Beal and MKG go at #3 and #4.

With MKG and Beal both off the board, I think the Rockets would have easily taken Lillard over Waiters or the other options available at #5. I hear they were very high on Lillard.

But yes, if it had gone Davis-Robinson-Beal-Waiters in the first 4 picks, then the Rockets definitely would have taken MKG at #5.

Just my two cents.

18. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

That's actually what I had hoped for - either MKG or Lillard at #5 if they can secure the pick from Kings(I prefer MKG, but would gladly take Lillard). However, the rumor have them paying a lot for that #5 pick. So Lowry and at least some of our picks would certainly be gone, and the Harden trade would be very hard to pull off later.

In hindsight, we may be lucky enough to pry Lin away from Knick(yes, I'm still bullish on his potential) and get Harden with our unused assets.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PTVudzcXnfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

can we also get Howard for Asik and Durant for Pat?