1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade James Harden for Kevin Love if need be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 18, 2014.

?

Would you trade Harden for Love?

1. Yes, I would do anything for Love.

22.8%
  2. No, I won't do that.

77.2%
  1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

That's my take as well! I think KLove compliments Howard better, and if we could add Lowry to the mix I would be very content with our roster!

Lowry
    Love
    Howard
    Parsons
    Beverley

I really think this group would play well together both on offense/defense!

2. nykb17

nykb17 Member

The only play here is for Melo.

3. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Another reason Love>Harden.

Love is arguably the BEST at his position which is stacked as fck in today's NBA.

On the other hand you got Harden who is basically number 1 by default in the weakest position in the NBA.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

One scenario that I would compare a Harden/Love swap to is when Phoenix traded Hornacek (+Tim Perry, Andrew Lang) for Barkley in 1992. Not everything is the same obviously, but there are some parallels.

Phoenix was already a very good team, winning 50+ games a season with the likes of Kevin Johnson, Hornacek, Dan Majerle and Tom Chambers, but they were frustrated in the playoffs and needed to take it up a notch.

So, they traded Hornacek-- who was really good, maybe not Harden-good on offense, but a 20-5-5 guy with a .592 TS% and at least played some defense-- for Charles Barkley, who was disgruntled in Philly on a 35-win team. It worked out-- They won 60+ games and got to the Finals despite Kevin Johnson being injured for a decent portion of the season.

They did it by bumping Dan Majerle into the starting lineup, signing veteran Danny Ainge to take Majerle's spot, and getting significant contribution from both young guys (Cedric Ceballos, Richard Dumas and (don't laugh, he really was talented) Oliver Miller) and vets (Tom Chambers, Mark West, Frank Johnson).

Charles Barkley is a REALLY hard standard to reach, but Kevin Love does have a Barkley-like 27 PER and totally capable of wrecking the league on a team with the perfect partner for him-- Dwight Howard. Love isn't the physical beast that Barkley is, but the kind of combo of inside scoring, rebounding on both ends and shooting is simply unique. Harden is also a special offensive talent, and it's nearly impossible to find guards who draw fouls at his rate, but that perimeter scorer need can be filled somewhat.

#104 Carl Herrera, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The one thing Kevin Love and Barkley might have in common

Rebounding kings that have never won a championship

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Okay. I've always thought this was a joke thread. But now that people are actually taking this r****ded thread seriously, I can only interject with a WTF are you guys smoking??

Do people not realize that Kevin Love is going to be a Free Agent next year?

I don't mind anyone claiming that Love is better than Harden or a better fit than Harden. But what is NOT debatable is that Love will bolt the team the moment we don't live up to his expectations, or that he has a better situation next year elsewhere(Miami?)

If Love leaves next year, Dwight will ask for a trade once again because he can opt out the year after. And the Rockets will once again be relegated to worthless status in the NBA.

But yes, let Carl Herrera somehow convince you that trading a 24yr old star with 4 years left on his deal for a 27yr old star with 1 year left on his deal and has let the world know he's going to test FA waters is somehow a good deal.

7. Carl Herrera

Morey was willing to take a chance with Dwight on an expiring deal before he had Harden. I would take a chance with Love staying on a team with Dwight and maybe another star like Lowry or Rondo. U get nothing done if u live in fear.

#107 Carl Herrera, May 20, 2014
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So now we're afraid that if we trade for Love then he'll bolt after next season? :rolleyes:

9. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

simply put - you'd be an idiot to trade harden for love.

i forgot how mature and responsible each of you acted after $20M was deposited into your account and there were no seeming barriers to success.

can we at least wait until the ink is dried on his contract and the man has a chance to respond to his first 'unacceptable' season?

if I'm counting - and I always am:

seasons where team failed to meet expectations

Love: 4
    Harden: 1 (cough- and his team still made the playoffs and secured a top 4 seed)

10. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

This whole site's gone mental.

11. FeaR

FeaR Member

Harden and Parsons are tweeting from NYC, are we sure that they are not recruiting Melo ?:p

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Not a chance in hell.

13. BamBam

I don't drink/smoke, but I do eat a lot of junk food?...:confused:

I'm not even taking FA into account! Of course that is something that can't be overlooked when/if you make the trade! You don't want to be the King with no clothes on at the end of the day!

Taking away FA, and whether he bolts or not and looking at it from a pure "what would make the team stronger/better", I think that trading Harden straight up for Love, and using our remaining assets/picks to snag Lowry would make this team better! You might not agree with me, but I think we would have a better fit between Howard/Love, while significantly upgrading our PG position, and on top of that retaining Parsons!

Another alternative would be to go after Melo instead of Lowry, but that does nothing for our PG need, and I think it makes the team weaker defensively!

Lowry
    Love
    Howard
    Parsons
    Beverley

Will it be happen? I don't think so, but I wish!!!

#113 BamBam, May 20, 2014
  14. FeaR

FeaR Member

Love would come here to play with Howard AND Harden. Only for Howard or Harden there is not a possibility to happen sth like that.

15. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

The main reason this thread is so idiotic is cause this trade will never happen. Dwight came here to play with James Harden. Harden brought our franchise back to relevance. The only trade that Morey would contemplate that would involve Harden being shipped out would be the one that lands us KD or Lebron.

16. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

the reason the thread is idiotic is because it was created by a troll that pushes a divisive agenda. always has and always will.

17. BamBam

Okay! I not saying it's going to happen either, but the question was "Would you trade Harden for KLove if need be"? My answer is yes! I've already explained why and who I would try to get along with him! We can disagree whether it make the team stronger/weaker , but that's the team that I would like!

18. Carl Herrera

Agreed 100%.

James Harden is a troll with a divisive agenda. He is the true creator of this thread and discussions like it. If he hasn't given inadequate effort on defense and failed to come through when the team needed him, these discussions would not exist.

#118 Carl Herrera, May 20, 2014
  19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

How is this even a thread? Seems like a random trade idea that has its own thread...

20. dantian

dantian Member

Love is at best the 3rd star on a championship team, while Harden the 2nd. Insane trade, unless there are other stars in place.