1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade James Harden for Kevin Love if need be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 18, 2014.

?

Would you trade Harden for Love?

1. Yes, I would do anything for Love.

22.8%
  2. No, I won't do that.

77.2%
  1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The hell is up with your hate for Harden?

2. Play07

Play07 Member

No but on everything if love agreed to a 5yr $15-18mill deal I would trade Howard for him & brewer if we could get melo for a parsons/filler package "if I were gm" but it would mess up getting other stars in the future through free agency.

asik
    Love
    Melo/brewer
    Harden
    ?

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not hate, objectivity.

Harden is a hero, but not the hero that Gotham needs.

4. Play07

Play07 Member

Or flip parsons for rondo package... harden is locked up for awhile... Howard has 2 more yrs then has a player option is my reasoning, love is a young star not even in his prime yet & is a CURRENT "all star starter" him and asik down low Wouk be perfect. Rondo & love pick & pop, harden as extra scorer

Asik
    Love
    brewer
    Harden
    Rondo

Defense around harden/love works perfect here

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Isn't Love basically the PF version of Harden?

6. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Not a chance. Harden is way better than Love.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, that's a stereotype caused by Love's whiteness. Love actually plays defense with effort. The defensive rebounds, for one thing, didn't just fall into his hands.

Harden let's guys go back door in him constantly while Love at least has some awareness of where his man is.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

And we get a lottery pick.

9. 34to11

34to11 Member

Sure, only without the ability to carry a team to the playoffs
    ...or the Finals experience
    ...or the ability to be a "closer".

10. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

I voted a firm YES

Reasons:
    1. Harden is a gaping liability on defense. As long as the opposition runs a play against Harden, the Rockets defense breaks down. Love with all his defensive flaws isn't on Harden's level.

2. Harden's game comes primarily as the ball handler and ISO, a statistically poor option for the Rockets. If you look at my previous stat breakdown of the regular season here: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=253471&highlight=synergy you'll see that the Rockets should deviate from this kind of play for even more efficient offense.

3. Hasn't shown progression as a player and professional. Yes he's young, but I think he's actually regressed in both regards compared to his OKC days. He might improve, Love might be just as bad, but ultimately I haven't seen improvement from the asset we have.

4. Stretch 4 addresses one of the Rockets greatest weakness.

5. SG has the lowest "value of replacement" cost out of all the positions. That even includes stars like Harden and it means you can pick up a relatively cheap alternative and get similar production. I even would go as far to believe that Lin, Troy, or Parsons (play big with someone else at 3) would be an ok replacement.

1 person likes this.
  11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Yes I would. Love is a better player and would complement Howard better than Harden does. Harden's game dropped off since Howard arrived. Fewer drives and just seems to disappear during longer, critical stretches. I don't hate Harden. I loved the trade for him. But there are a handful of players I would trade him for and Love is 1 of them.

12. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another trash thread.

There are times where CH does a great a job on this board and there are other times where he should be limited to 5 posts a day.

Let's be realistic here. Trading Harden to get Love wouldn't put them over the top. Melo isn't walking through that door.

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Only reason I would do that is if in allowed us to take another player from Minny for our rotation.

If the deal was Harden+#25 for Love and Brewer you have to think long and Harden about it. This allows Minnesota to build around Rubio/Harden/Pek/Deng.

Our defense adds Brewer and the defensive rebounding of Klove. It subtracts Harden. I love James but I would probably do this deal.

Howard/Asik
    Love/Jones/Motie
    Parsons/Brewer
    Daniels/Lin
    Bev/Lin/Canaan

14. Play07

Play07 Member

I understand the love for harden, not saying I would trade him for love... but what has the dude done improvement wise, we are trying to advance in playoffs and he hasn't been able to help us in that department. If you're comfortable giving it another try next year I understand, but let's not act like we didn't watch his playoff play. Paul George is a guy I would trade harden for, I'm watching him play D now on Lebron and make good shots in a ecf game

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's really easy right now to pile on Harden because of his embarrassing performance in the playoffs, but he has shown repeatedly the ability to be capable of carrying a team offensively, you can't give that up for a guy that despite his individual greatness, hasn't even been able to get his team to the postseason. We would have no closer.

TBH though, if a Melo acquisition followed it might be worth considering.

16. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree Harden played awful in the playoffs and to be completely honest, everyone played like hot garbage outside of Howard. Morey has been set on getting a third star, and I just don't see them trading Harden.

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

We should trade Harden to the Raptors for PPat.

1 person likes this.
  18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

My the trolling is strong this off season

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is quickly getting worse that the T Rob/2Pat troll job.

Emphatic no. At least Harden has proven A. He can stay healthy, B. He can single handily get his team to a 8th seed with little talent and C. In the playoffs with a favorable matchup, has the talent to take over a series.

20. J Hard

J Hard Member

Front runner for dumbest thread this offseason.