1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

would you trade James Harden for Jimmy Butler?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Madclownpacasum, Jan 5, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

plenty of offense in that lineup. More than the lineup the rockets currently put out

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

you're probably right.

1 person likes this.
  3. Fefo

Fefo Member

i wont do it. I think harden is way more talented player.
    This is a question about talent vs heart. But for harden talent you can get more than jimmy buttler. Maybe even harden+tjones for jimmy + pau.
    I always preffer heart than talent, but when they are about equals. Here, harden talent is unique on offense.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I totally disagree. Tht team has plenty offense while being elite defensively

You're basically replacing Harden, Bev and Capela with Butler, Lawson and Pau

Harden is the only ball dominating offensive player

Now we have Lawson who can create, Butler who can score and Pau who can score both mid range and post up

That team would be deadly running a Lawson Pau high Pick n pop or a Lawson Dwight P n R

5. seeingred

seeingred Member

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

cause if we get player X Harden is going to stop all the late night clubbing, smoking, playing Kardassian and buckle down and focus and play to his ability? Yehhhhhhhhh.... I dont think so.... he is who he is...

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Nope. He reps Tomball and not Houston. Cant have that.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jimmy's splits for January: 30.6 PTS, 5.6 TRB, 6.5 AST, 1.4 STL, .7 BLK, 61.1 TS%. Maybe most impressive, only 2.6 TO with that much usg!</p>&mdash; Kelly Scaletta (@KellyScaletta) <a href="https://twitter.com/KellyScaletta/status/687833389890600961">January 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

dude drop 53pts, 10reb, 6Ast last night That's superstar stats. I know it was against the 76ers, but still he's been ballin outta control lately

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Doesn't matter if it's the 76ers. Dropping 53/10/6 is always an absurd stat line.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Amazing game.

If it were Harden it would have been an empty, meaningless, ball hogging, non team trusting, me first stat line.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Great game by Jimmy he's been on fire lately and playing on a mvp level for about 6-8 games now.

Let's not act like Harden didn't drop 50/8/9 against the same 76rs squad earlier this year guys.

Or 40/5/5 against the Griz the game before

Or 43/13/6 in sac followed by 46/2/4 against the clips the next night.

Cmon guys butler is balling but JH is still on another level can't wait for these dudes to play each other so we can settle this silly debate.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

If they went 1-on-1 Harden would get owned because he doesn't defend whereas Butler is a two way player. Harden shines because he can play make which doesn't really matter in 1-on-1.

Not sure if I would trade Harden for Butler, but personally I like a guy who is more consistent like Butler if his shot is off then you can expect JB to be aggressive drving to the hole for fts and playing hard D. With Harden, if he is in the zone he can be on the level of Durant, Curry or Lebron but if his shot is off he offers nothing because he doesn't hustle on D and he starts jacking them shots like there's no tom. If Butler can sustain this play then I think he might be better than Harden because he's like the offensive version of Kawhi, great offense with good D you can't go wrong with that. A backcourt of Butler/Bev/Ariza with Howard as C and Capela as PF we might hold opponents to 80 pts a game.

14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

but but but.... can Harden catch a lob and dunk? can Harden catch a bounce pass and dunk? lol Just playing, right now....I wish I could see what both teams seasons would be like to this point, if they switched teams.

15. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes yes i would

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not a lot of press for Jimmy's game tonight.

2-11,

4 points

17. BackdoorHarden

I wonder if the Bulls fan talk crap about Jimmy like Rockets fan do about James after 1 bad game

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Butler was guarded by Wesley Matthews, who if you remember embarrassed Harden during their first round series matchup. Harden on the Cavs was guarded by Dellavdova (PG) and Smith who doesn't really play D.

19. BackdoorHarden

Matthews is a hell of 3D.

He embarrassed Klay too after Klay said he was the best SG. Wish Harden would embarrass Klay and Jimmy like Matthews did.

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Starting to look like a no brainer, harden is making it very easy to forget Lin ever commited turnovers...