1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Trade Jalen Green For. . .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rokman, May 5, 2022.

?

Would You Trade Jalen for Another Top 4 Pick

1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

184 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. verysimplejason

I'm sorry but I'd not trade Green with Trae. Trae's a choker. I'd like a Giannis but you won't be able to afford him. :)

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

so you're back to this where its meaningless. like i said in my other post but apparently doesn't apply.

so lets flip it then, does it apply or nah. The rockets trade jalen green and he later becomes a superstar for the scrub they traded him for the very next year

no I don't need to be a little open minded to something like this because it literally makes 0 sense. and stop this attempt to spin nonsense to justify the silly proposal

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Don't move the goal post. with ralph/drexler that's hindsight bs.

Are there 2 guys in this draft that think the Rockets should absolutely try to get and it's worth moving Jalen Green for one?

No. simply b/c u are already taking a huge ass leap of faith with 1 rookie panning out. Giving up a proven talent in green for another unproven rookie is foolish as fk.

U basically pairing two unproven rookie and hope the combination will b better than cade + green, or green + his draft mates.

The 2021 draft clearly seem to b one of the stronger class seen in quite sometime, quite unwise to allow them to pair up.

Folks do not give up on a rookie 1 year into his career b/c it's a waste of time, plus players develop at different pace.

We drafted green to b a franchise piece, wasted a season to develop him, now u r suggesting we get rid of him to accommodate kpj, hope Nix fit into the pg position and hope the pairing of the two unknown rookies pan out just b/c some folks have a feeling that this draft class player will b better than green? Don't b surprised people r calling u out for such a foolish suggestion.

Dobbizzle and YOLO like this.
  4. alethios

alethios Member

This - Jalen is star #1, now we just need to go get star #2, not start over with two potentials that haven't yet proven themselves.

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Your argument make no sense at all. How was what I said back to it being meaningless. I get it, you have to be right. In your mind, you're right. The point is you don't know what will happen with any of these players but you act as though you do. Your need to be right is greater than your need for an open mind of what possibilities exist.

AGAIN, IT WASN'T A PROPOSAL!! I asked if anyone thought that a player in the draft is worth trading Jalen Green for? IT WAS A QUESTION. I really want to question your intelligence or reading comprehension at this point but I'm biting my tongue.

Have a good day.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's meaningless because bc it's nothing but hindsight bs. The idea of you don't know what will happen is nonsense. What we do know right now is what Jalen Green has done in the league to this point.

What's something you don't know. Ok lets start with any of the players in the proposal that you apparently would throw him away for. For someone talking about something you don't know, it sure is based on primarily on not 1 but 2 players you know nothing about in the actual NBA. so get out of here with the you don't know what will happen bs.

its not much of an argument since that typically involves 2 cases. You don't have much of one

you continue to rant to try and find silly logic to justify yourself but continue make it that much worse

Having an open mind applies to different guys the rockets are in position to draft in the top 5 and not glued to just one. Having an open mind doesn't apply to this laughable proposal where you throw away your 20 year old #2 pick drafted less than a year ago

#106 YOLO, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
  7. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

I would trade our 2022 pick for Lamelo. Green with Lamelo

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That is the dream backcourt paring. Those two complement each other's game well and they are near the same age and will have a large overlap in their respective prime.

Like I would do Sengun and our first round pick for him but Hornets would never trade him at this point. He is their franchise player for the long term.

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  9. Rokman

Rokman Member

First of all, goalposts were not moved, the point of the Sampson trade was to prove a point that just because you have a star rookie doesn't mean you don't trade him for an unknown. Rockets have their own very well known case where that did not work in their favor. It was to make a point.

Second of all, if the team thinks they can get a better player by trading away the current player, they do it. It's RISKY to move a proven commodity for an unproven commodity but it is not by definition FOOLISH. Those are two completely different things.

Lastly, my filling in Nix at the PG and sliding KPJ to the 2 guard showed that we have players who can fill holes not to say they were the end all be all for the future. If you THINK you have 2 potential Superstars in Chet and Jabari plus you have Sengun and KPJ and other players, AND you think that they may end up being better than Chet and Jalen or Jabari and Jalen, then argue that point, if you don't think it's a good idea, make the point you made, no, it's not a good idea.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Green is untouchable.

11. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Absolutely agree

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Jalen would be a consensus number one pick this year. He has always been a higher prospect than the likes of Jabari or Chet. His combo of generational athleticism and fluidity/footwork doesn't come that often.

Rokman and Lloyd Estacio like this.
  13. Rokman

Rokman Member

"It's meaningless because bc it's nothing but hindsight bs. The idea of you don't know what will happen is nonsense. What we do know right now is what Jalen Green has done in the league to this point." It's meaningful with regard to your argument because Hindsight is 20/20, we know now the wrong decision was made despite the fact that Sampson was a proven NBA player. You say its stupid to trade a proven nba player for a non proven one, well, I gave you a counter argument based on facts and you say that means nothing. You are wrong. It asbolutely has merit.

"What's something you don't know. Ok lets start with any of the players in the proposal that you apparently would throw him away for. For someone talking about something you don't know, it sure is based on primarily on not 1 but 2 players you know nothing about in the actual NBA. so get out of here with the you don't know what will happen bs." I get it you are risk adverse. That's fine, I understand that. No issues with that but guess what, those players you are shunning and unwilling to gamble on may turn out to be the next stars and you in your infinite wisdom will be scratching your head wondering how that happened, you didn't see it coming so it shouldn't have been possible.

"you continue to rant to try and find silly logic to justify yourself but continue make it that much worse" This is a feeble attempt at trying to undermine my position by talking trash. Stop it. You are the one calling people stupid, dumb, etc. not me. Ranting? That's you. Again, just because you don't think we should trade Jalen for an unproven NBA commodity doesn't mean it's stupid for someone who does. Your opinion is insulting. It's not conducive to discussion in the forum and I'm surprised you don't see that given your long tenure here. Then again, maybe you've always been this way.

"Having an open mind applies to different guys the rockets are in position to draft in the top 5 and not glued to just one. Having an open mind doesn't apply to this laughable proposal where you throw away your 20 year old #2 pick drafted less than a year ago." Actually having an open mind would apply to every player on the team under every scenario imaginable. Your limited thinking wouldn't work well in a front office wher every stone would be turned over to find the best way of improving the team, including taking risks with known commodities. Again, Risk does not equal Foolish, and even if you think it is, you can be more respectful to your fellow posters.

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Thanks for making your point without getting nasty.

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

you continue to just rant nonsense that doesn't change anything that's been posted. its funny how you're the epitome of a poster where nothing else applies when the same exact logic is thrown out there but since it doesn't apply to your own silly agenda, it's disregarded. typical cf's

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It’s just a hypothetical that is illogical. Barring a Herschel Walker like trade package no team would even consider it. Much less for one single pick. Also no team would trade that many picks like a Herschel Walker trade. For instance the Thunder trade like 7-8 first round picks for him. Nope.

Green looked like a phenom at the end of the year. Is like extremely marketable. Which will bring in $$$$$ down the line. Even Chandler Parsons swoons when he seems him.

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

Let's just call it for the day. I'm done having this back and forth with you. We've both made our points. Done. Deal?

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Sadly u really didn't.

No one trades a star rookie for two unknown players.

Yes it could b done but realistically no one is ever doing it. It's literally a career ending move if u fail.

U bringing up Drexler/Sampson is just hindsight bs. No one is doing that. Folks back then were never gonna trade away a star rookie for unproven talents. Only reason u picked these two as an example bc with hindsight u know they r hall of famers.

Just bc u think differently doesn't mean it should b done
    Trading a known young player to take a leap of faith hoping the two unproven rookie b better is dumb as fk.

Your logic that just because you don't think we should trade Jalen for an unproven NBA commodity doesn't mean it's stupid for someone who does makes no sense.

Ex of your weird ass logic:
    I think it's stupid for someone to drink bleach. U can say well thats your opinion I know someone who think it's alright to drink bleach.

Green isn't some rando scrub.

Any gm worth their salt would not risk their career to do this sht. No one trades a star rookie for potential 2 unknown players regardless of the potential.

inconclusion Just bc u think differently from the majority doesn't make the suggestion any less foolish.

#118 DatRocketFan, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
    Dobbizzle likes this.
  19. Rokman

Rokman Member

Saying no, would have made your point just as clear without coming across as an @sshole.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Some folks get triggered by the simple no. Some folks prefer others to write out their stance.

In the future I will keep that in mind for your threads.

I may sound like an @$$hole, but if u can't see y currently 97.5% of the community is so against this thread suggestion, triggered even then idk bud.