1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Harden for Westbrook now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, May 13, 2017.

?

Would you trade Harden for Westbrook now?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. No

205 vote(s)
    79.2%
  1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Considering Westbrook has had a ridiculous amount of talent on OKC and still hasn't won a ring your logic seems shortsighted.Meaning give Houston's version of James Harden a KD and Ibaka and he would have a ring already.

Vivi and J Sizzle like this.
  2. pli777

pli777 Member

Absolutely, WB is coachable, or least I haven't heard any reporting stating otherwise.

His ill-advised hero balls is his biggest flaw but he plays with heart, intensity every night. He is also relatively injury free with the way he plays. He pushes the ball harder than James. He has also been to the finals with KD as the no.2 option.

A lot of his flaws at OKC can be taught and trust can be built if he's in a perfect system. He's not as good a 3 point shooter as harden but he damn nearly makes up for it by relentlessly attacking the rim all the time.

PeterKingX likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmao

Ok...so...Billy Donavan coached him to use more than 50% of the possessions? That dude should be fired IMMEDIATELY.

Vivi, pli777 and SF3isBack!! like this.
  4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

You're not using logic here. Hes never had a team for his own. He's proven for years hes a triple double threat, especially when KD sits. Hes always been this good, just hasnt had the ball enough. Remember how quick Rose dropped off? His knees went out. Westbrooks knees wont be lasting too long if he going 150% every single night

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Logic? You just made a statement just assuming westbrook is on some decline already by default based on nothing that has anything to do with westbrook himself. When nothing says that is true yet.

6. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

Really? Makes up for it by relentlessly attacking the rim?
    Reg season
    Russ 11.3 drives per game (53.8% fg)
    Harden 10.7 drives per game (58.2% fg)
    How?

HakeemOnlyFan and SF3isBack!! like this.
  7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So many fans still prefer the big playoffs choker and mental midget. LOL.

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I am sick tired of watching lazy basketball.

It makes me disgusting.

9. caneks

caneks Rookie

I'd prefer to get draft picks. There is basically no window for title for this team. Harden or Westbrook makes no difference.

10. pli777

pli777 Member

Yes? Put him in rockets and WB would probably be used differently if he's surrounded by so many capable shooters. I don't get why is that funny.

They both are good at dribble penetration, the difference will be how to kick it out to the right person. Harden is great at that, there's no evidence to suggest WB isn't. Besides, Harden's dance around the perimeter to penetrate doesn't usually work in playoff even on old Pau.

Athleticism will be huge come playoff.

11. pli777

pli777 Member

I hear you and see your stats, but when your offence stagnant and does not move and you have the disaster that was the late 4th Quarter and OT in game 5 with Spur. I believe WB's drive would have meant a much different series ending.

I just don't think Harden has what it takes mentally.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You'd go for Westbrook if your goal was to never see the 2nd round. I suppose he would appeal to those McGrady fans we have hanging around.

He doesn't pass the ball regardless of the team around him, it's why Durant left.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Absolutely, quit isn't in his dictionary.

bleedroxred79 likes this.
  14. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

I would trade James Harden for a used condom. Because at least I know the used condom won't quit on me.

15. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

I kinda get where youre coming from but russ played bad in the 4th quarter of every game in the 1st rd except for the game they won. did u forget how stagnant their offense looked in the 4th? And thats against our shitty-mediocre defense. Russ shot sub 40% for the series. Imagine what that fg% would be against the spurs d and pop being able to gameplan

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Houston strip girl said no.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He did not quit pestering her

18. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Yes you are disgusting. Thank you for admitting it.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I said Westbrook is on the PHYSICAL decline, if you know how to read. With physical decline comes number decline eventually. Go look at his 2017 dunks vs his 2010 dunks. He's lost atleast 6"

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL