1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Harden for Anthony Davis ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UtilityPlayer, Apr 13, 2014.

?

Trade Harden for Anthony Davis

1. Yes

110 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No

252 vote(s)
    69.6%
  1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If we didn't have Dwight, hell yes I would. If you say otherwise you are a massive homer. Davis has the potential to be a top 20 player of all time when it's all said and done. He's a 20 10 and 3 block guy at such a young age and on good efficiency. He has tools to be a complete game changer on both sides

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Harden-no, Howard-yes

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can he stay healthy for a season and win some games before we start proclaiming him one of the greatest of all time?

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Potential

And Pelicans were playing .500 ball until all of the crazy injuries piled up.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

No because Harden is the third best player in the world!

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Not sure if you're joking but, how can you be a complete liability on one end of the court and be considered a top 5 let alone top 3 player?

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not sure about a trade, but if I had to start a franchise with one, it would be Davis.

9. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

i know the majority of us here are rox fans but come on... davis is already very close to be a superstar. plus he's a big man. I'd do the trade for sure

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

With this current team, I probably wouldn't go hard after Davis. But if it was just Harden, hell yes.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

How often is Davis sitting on the sidelines in a suit? The Rox played him like 2 times in 2 seasons. He's a injury prone failure. No way in hell any gm can't see that.

12. Garner

Garner Member

This poll proves the homerism of this board is out of control

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Look man all I know is, when James is on the floor I have full confidence in him. we could be down by 3 with 1 second left or we could be down by 15 with 6 minutes left... Harden will find a way to get us back into it. He is clutch, and contributes more to this teams success than any

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

People realize Davis's main uniform will be

[​IMG]

for seasons to come.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No way in hell
    Harden is already a top 5 player,there is no guarantee davis will ever be that

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

If your trying to win games James Harden is the guy you want... Anthony Davis is very talented but I would take a player with tons of playoff expierence and an NBA finals apearance over some kid that can't get out of the regular season. Plus James is still very young, he has just as much potential as Davis.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Trade one of the best and clutch as hell players in the NBA for a rookie? OKC already made that mistake once and it probably cost them the championship. In 3 years when Davis has a beard, is healthy and literally putting a contending team on his shoulders at the end of games hitting buzzer beater 3's and loving the last minute shot because he knows nobody can stop him then maybe yeah..... But right now? HELL NO

[​IMG]

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

No bro.... You are wrong...... The poll shows we have tons of smart people on the board who actually think things thru instead of jumping ship the moment the sea gets a little rough....

19. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

You're insane if you think voting in Davis' favor is anywhere near an obvious choice. Davis is a great player and he could end up being one of the all-time-greats, but so far he has proven absolutely nothing. His team sucks, partially because of his injuries, but even when he was healthy they just sucked a bit less. He's been playing with Holiday, Gordon and Tyreke and they got nothing done.

You're gonna break team chemistry and get rid of the best SG in the NBA to bring in a potentially great big man to a roster that contains Howard and Asik? You think it takes a homer to see a problem with that?

Yes, Davis can be great, but so far he's been putting up stats like a looter in a riot. His team is built to accomodate him and he's brought them nothing but hope for a better future so far. He would also require a complete roster overhaul, if we were to get him.

Sorry, but no. You're asking us to give up on:

a)some years of rebuilding that have just started to pay off
    b)team chemistry
    c)the best SG in the NBA on his career year
    d)a big part of our other star's utility
    e)the possibility to have a championship core in place before Parsons' RFA summer (so we can then go over the cap and keep him)

for mere POTENTIAL?

Sorry, not happening. You could show me the future right now and guarantee me that Davis becomes the next Timmy and I'd still have to think it over.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If i was crazy.