1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade EGo, CC, Rybo for two first round picks, Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 4, 2018.

?

Would you trade EGo, CC, Rybo for two first round picks, and either Lebron or George?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2018.
  1. Yes

134 vote(s)
    68.0%
  2. No

63 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. photojoe

photojoe Member

Really?

I haven't seen very much of it in this thread.

Zboy and justtxyank like this.
  2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Someone needs their thread creation privileges revoked.

harold bingo and topfive like this.
  3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Did I see Zaza Gabor Pechulia (sp?) as a possible signing?? Excuse me one moment....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Where was I? Oh yes, hell no to that ****. He would probably break Harden and CP3's ankles in practice.

Zboy and hakeem94 like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

You haven't been paying attention to Holic's history, have you?

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Woot! I've got a new sig!

tmactoyao, Zboy, photojoe and 2 others like this.
  6. basketballholic

Since obviously the trade has some degree of merit, in other words, most of you like what we would receive in that deal more than what we would give up....let me explain how it happens.

Now keep in mind a couple things here.
    1. The plausibility of what I'm suggesting.
    2. This is just the start of where we could possible go. Not the end point.
    3. This is a worst case scenario if LeBron wants to come here and the Cavs won't sign and trade him or trade him prior to July 1.

The mechanics of the deal.

1. Stretch Anderson.
    2. Trade Ego to a team wanting to compete for the playoffs next season into their cap space with them agreeing to send us a future pick that would likely have some protections associated with it.
    3. Sign and trade Clint Capela to a team wanting him that wants to give him an offer sheet that we would match otherwise. They agree to send us a future pick with protections and we sign-and-trade Capela to them.
    4. Send Onuaku out with cash for a future second. Send out the rest of the cash plus a couple seconds plus Qi if necessary for a future second into another non-contending teams cap space.

This leaves you with two extra first round picks and a roster of Harden, PJ, and possibly Qi.....with cap holds for Paul, Ariza, and either 6 or 7 minimum salary slots friending on whether or not Qi is still with us.

So our cap for 18-19 would look like this:
    Harden. $30,421,854
    Anderson's dead money. $8,337,236.20
    PJ: $7,969,537
    Qi: $1,378,242
    Six minimum salary slots at approximately $833,000 each. (If we drop Qi, it only makes the money better.)

That's a total of slightly above $53.1 million......leaving us with roughly $47.9 million to sign LeBron, CP3, and Trevor.

Ha! Impossible! Paul isn't going to take that big a paycut!

Oh, he isn't?

Guys, he's recruiting Lebron, k? Surely you agree that he's recruiting Lebron....unofficially of course.

So if he's recruiting Lebron what does that say about CP3? Should CP3 expect that we can trade for Lebron? Should we the fans expect we can trade for Lebron? Should the Rockets front office expect that a trade will magically be worked out here?

Look at the Cavs. If LeBron walks they're in the worst possible position. A team that faded down the stretch with Lebron, losing the best or second best player on the planet. And still slightly over the cap if he walks. Since we're being realistic with everything.....let's continue to be realistic. Cleveland's number one priority if LeBron walks is staying out of the luxury tax. Does Ryan Anderson and another player and two low first round draft picks do that for them? NO! It only makes it more difficult for them to escape the tax.....especially in the middle of free agent season where the few teams that have cap space are using up that space to sign other guys. It will likely cost the Cavs more assets to move Anderson out after the free agent hot season than it is before of it is even possible at all.

So, reality is if LeBron wants to leave.....the Cavs will most likely let him walk....unless they get an unbalanced trade that gives them significant assets with low incoming salary and no boat anchor negative value deals. Or unless they can dump LeBron and other contracts together to get significantly under the luxury tax and close to or below the actual salary cap (projected $101 million) while getting back enough picks to be able to continue unloading other bad deals so they can get to the league minimum 90% salary, save money, and go to the lottery, while having the flexibility to then take on salary dumps for other young assets.

Do you think the Rockets don't already know this? Do you think CP3 and Lebron don't already know this? Of course they do.

So........if you believe CP3 is recruiting Lebron (he is) then you have to understand and believe CP3 is willing to forego salary (temporarily) in order to sign LeBron outright. Because it could come down to that.

$47.9 million
    Lebron $30-35 million (One year deal)
    Cp3 $10-15 million (One year Tim Duncan special)
    Trevor $whateverleft (One year Tim Duncan special)

Or cp3 and Lebron split the money and Ariza walks or signs for $4.5 million room exception. It's more likely that they include Ariiza in the cap long term however.

Now before you bombard me with all sorts off Velcro about CP3 skews gave up Mullins to come here, he ain't going to give again, just yourself the keystrokes and the rest of us reading that crap, k?

I can explain why CP3 (and Trevor) would do this again for one season and I will in a bit when I've fit more time.

Or somebody here that is good with the salary numbers can show it to you. I would appreciate someone doing that to save me some time walking through all this. Show why cp3 isn't losing anything at the end of the day. Use 4 and 5 year contracts he could have signed last year and this year and where he works be at the conclusion of those contracts compared with waiting one more season and signing a 4 or 5 year max deal the. And understand this....if Harden, Lebron, and Paul want Lebron and Paul to get max long term deals next summer it will happen.

If someone wants to break those numbers down assuming $109 million cap next summer please do. I'm writing this on a busy day. Would appreciate the help if you see the light here.

And finally.....remember.....this is a WORST CASE SCENARIO if LeBron wants to walk to Houston. And most of you already agreed it would be a good deal.

(And I haven't even mentioned no luxury tax, thereby saving us a ton of money now that we can then expend later while further delaying the time to and further reducing the affect of the luxury and repeater taxes with the cap and tax bands likely moving upward significantly by the time we get to it.)

#86 basketballholic, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  7. basketballholic

Way to fockass on nothing Manny Obliviouz.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I like what he said to me but I love me signature too much to change it.

hakeem94 and topfive like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

OP...
    • Starts a thread that is pretty unrealistic
    • Gets mad at realism aficionados and calls them names
    • Petulantly tells everyone to just hold their horses until he's ready to dorksplain it to us
    • Finally dorksplains a plan that requires two players who have already taken discounts deciding to take yet another discount on what will likely be their final NBA contracts
    Did I leave out anything important?

tmactoyao, Zboy, Os Trigonum and 2 others like this.
  10. basketballholic

You left out everything important and wrote lines that are false. I'm not mad. Only answered name calling with name calling.

Unworthy of another second of my time.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

As long as it is guaranteed we can get deandre jordan for dirt pennies... like ball boy salary..

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. basketballholic

That would probably be possible scatter the trade deadline of DJ Durant get a big money extension before then. He's not going to opt out.

13. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

2 semi Allstars vs 1 all star.

Lemme do some quick analytics..
    Yup, 2 is better than 1..

hakeem94 and justtxyank like this.
  14. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Welcome to the off season........

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. lionaire

lionaire Member

Didn't see CC on the list when I voted, but that's a deal breaker for me

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

I gotta say, there's one brilliant aspect to your plan:

It's so convoluted nobody will bother to read through it, allowing you to pop after just about any big transaction this summer and claim you were right.

Nicely done.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. photojoe

photojoe Member

If you had typed all of this up on Page 1, instead of Page 5, this thread probably would have been more interesting and intelligent to read through.

Maybe..

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

hell no on durant.

19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@basketballholic what's your prediction for our starting lineup for next season????

20. Karolik

Karolik Member

Nah. I would rather trade ryan for Lebron and 2 first round picks