1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Dwight Howard for Kevin Love?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Furious Jam, Jun 11, 2016.

?

Would you trade Dwight Howard for Kevin Love?

1. Yes, I would trade Dwight Howard for Kevin Love

191 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. No, I would rather have cap space than Kevin Love

79 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

Love would go well with MDA. Nothing but 3s and no defense. Decent Rebounder. He'd be our Center. :grin:

2. Lightsnowaction

To be honest, I don't we can be much worse since players last year numerously didn't try. And 2nd, we have to build ourselves up first before thinking about who on our roster is championship material.

3. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I remember putting out this trade at the deadline. It would now involve a sign and trade, and if it does work, I think all teams would be interested.

Cavs:
    In: Howard
    Out: Love

I really thought the Cavs would be very interested in Howard at the deadline. He would really help out their defense and rebounding, and it would allow them to play Tristan more since he is making max money as a bench guy. If this trade is possible, I can see Howard getting 22+M/year for 3 years.

Clippers:
    In: Love
    Out: Griffin

I think it is becoming clear that Griffin's time in LA is coming to an end. Last year was a total mess and ended even messier. Even though the Clippers are losing the better player, Love probably fits better in that lineup since he can shoot the three and he would have DJ to help him on defense. Paul - Redick - Green - Love - Jordan is a very good lineup.

Rockets:
    In: Griffin
    Out: Howard

This would be a quick fix for the Rockets. Griffin is the best player in this trade with the most baggage in terms of injury and now maturity. But the talent is there and he could very easily be Amare V2 in MDA's system. He and Harden would be explosive together.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Your first two trades....in the realm of possibility. Howard + DeAndre on the same team, however? You'd have to get a third team involved, whence it becomes too complicated.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He was proposing a 3 team trade.
    Howard to Cavs, Love to Clippers, Griffin to Rockets.

Which would have been awesome... but too late now!

6. dream2franchise

I would be on board with this (duh), but a trade with names like this (2 guys in their prime no less) involved on all teams? When is the last time that happened?

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Howard sucks.