1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Dwight Howard for DeAndre Jordan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NBAandNFLFan, Jan 13, 2015.

?

Would you trade Dwight Howard for DeAndre Jordan?

1. Yes! I would trade Dwight Howard for DeAndre Jordan

56 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. No! You are overreacting

136 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Are we talking about the same DeAndre Jordan who just got outplayed by a mile by Hassan Whiteside?

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Shots fired.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

#3 in TS%??? Forget Dwight let's trade Harden and run our offense through DeAndre.

4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

What the hell. Stop with this ****. I'm not a thread nazi, but damn this is annoying as hell. Put these ideas, stupid ideas at that, in the trade thread.

For the record, Deandre would give us nothing that Dwight couldn't give us. Dwight also has playoffs experience. Get out of here with this nonsense.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Well trade Dwight for Whiteside too then.

6. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

They apparently only pop out when the team is 27-11. It's extremely ridiculous.

7. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Howard is a better center than Jordan

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

No I'm not...

...and I would still rather have him than Deandre Jordan

9. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

when i made this thread i wasnt sure if i was right, but now im positive i would do this trade in a heartbeat... deandre jordan plays his role which is an athletic shotblocker/rebounder( and dangerous off the pick and roll)... dwight could do this as well, but he is too stubborn

maybe steve ballmer and doc rivers still believe dwight is a good player, we could trade dwight for deandre and then feature dmo in the post more like he should be used...

let dwight be the clippers problem

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

a lot of people would like to change their vote!

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

DeAndre?
    No.

Hassan Whiteside and Chris Bosh for Dwight + picks + Capella + anything Miami wants.

They get a one year rental of Dwight that expires in the off-season, meanwhile they stay competitive enough to keep fans in the seats.

We get Bosh and desperately try to salvage what is left of our small contending window.

12. Downtown Sniper

People ridiculed me when I said I would straight up trade Dwight for DJ.

I wonder how many of them think it's such an easy decision to make now.

This guy is becoming such a joke.

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This would be a bad deal strictly based on free agent perception, a marginal difference in players isn't worth making your franchise look disloyal to star players.

14. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Dwight aint no star player

so sick of worrell talking about text, "blah, blah, blah to send howard to the all-star game"

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

I still wouldn't.....

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yes those stats are for real. I've been posting similar numbers in discussion about Howard for weeks.
    His turnover % on post opportunities is actually 38% - prior to tonight's game.

Earlier in the thread I said no .... But at this point , I'd entertain the idea of trading Howard and DJ wouldn't be the only guy I'd consider. Joakim Noah - in a heart beat.

I don't think it a coincidence that this team played its best offensive basketball while Howard was on the bench recovering from injury.
    Dude is just .... offensive on the offensive end of the court and the fact that he demands touches and McHale gives him those touches despite the poor statistics is just ignorant. Why he caters to Howards desires to the detriment of the team is beyond me.
    What's worse is that the numbers in the pick & roll , assisted and put backs are fantastic .... But he refuses to accept the role.

McHale & Howard , the blind leading the dumb. I'd like to send them both to RGV on assignment.

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Jordan would be a perfect pick and roll type player which we need.

18. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

I would trade Howard for someone who can set a damn pick correctly for once in their lives. Anyone watch him set picks? I mean, does he even set picks or just acts like it?

19. rogower

rogower Member

It is hilarious that nearly 75% of you guys voted "No." The latest in a very long line of examples that demonstrate that sports fans are biased, and emotional, and irrational. Any objective person who looks at this season's statistics will conclude that DeAndre Jordan is the best C in the NBA.

Of course, Daryl Morey would trade Dwight Howard for DeAndre Jordan.

Interestingly, Jordan is an unrestricted free agent this summer, and the large majority of teams will be willing to offer him a maximum contract, which he very obviously deserves. It is possible that Daryl Morey will attempt to replace Howard with Jordan. This would be a master stroke, actually. If Jordan will agree to sign with Houston, then Morey can trade Howard to a team with cap space, and actually get something valuable in exchange for Howard. Say, a first round pick. Thus, you walk away with not only a MASSIVE upgrade at C but also the first round pick. And anybody who thinks Morey would not do this, given the opportunity, is not paying very close attention to what Mirey is doing.

Oh, and also, before preseason games begin, if someone creates a "Are you glad that we replaced Dwight Howard with DeAndre Jordan?" at least 75% of the people who voted "No" in this poll will vote "Yes." Completely irrational.

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I would like to get Asik back from the Pelicans. If not at the trade deadline. maybe when he's a free agent this summer. Then that would allow Howard to get his surgery and shut him down for the year. We get some insurance relief.

At least we have some experience with playing with Asik. Little offense but we need that rim protection. We can get offense from TJ and DMo. That way we can bring Capela along slowly.

I would release Josh Smith too this summer. We can do better.