1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Dwight Howard for DeAndre Jordan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NBAandNFLFan, Jan 13, 2015.

?

Would you trade Dwight Howard for DeAndre Jordan?

1. Yes! I would trade Dwight Howard for DeAndre Jordan

56 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. No! You are overreacting

136 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

finally someone who agrees with me.

deandre also has a higher PER than dwight

2. hakeemthagreat

Right now, the way Dwight's postups look. I'd actually do it. Dwight Howard's insistence on using that weak azz left hand hook, and that weak running left hand semi hook is nerve wrecking. After YEARS of Hakeem showing him how to postup, and him actually digressing back to his old habits, it's obvious either Dwight doesn't want to dominate offensively or he just doesn't care enough to do it. Either way atleast DeAndre Jordan doesn't come with the demand of touches

3. Raven

Raven Member

Are you so unfamiliar with NBA culture that you don't understand that trading Dwight would make it virtually impossible to ever convince another star free agent to sign with the Rockets? How could that simple powerful obvious fact not enter your mind before you started this thread?

Please think before posting!

:)

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Raven,

I don't believe that - I think money and situation always talk, and you can always put a no trade clause in the contract....

So, while I used to think this way, it is less and less so...I think you could trade Dwight and if the team got better, no one would bat an eye.

Also going to bump the thread rating for having the courage to entertain honest discourse on the matter.

DD

5. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

Here's an interesting stats, Beverly 3 point shooting effiency is higher than Dwight post game efficiency. Dwight is shooting 38% from his post moves and 78% from close basket assist and offensive putbacks. And also 35% of his post touched results in turnovers and is near the bottom of assist/turnover ratio for players averaging at least 30 mpg. If Dwight took every shot for us this team will shattered records low in shooting deficiency and also records high in turnovers at 30 per game.

Yes, I would trade DJ for Howard and just about any center that don't demand to be that deficiency at the offensive end.

6. CertifiedTroll

I would be ok with it if we got picks and or players also. But a straight up trade isn't something that Morey would do.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yikes, is that correct? Where did you get those stats?

A link would be appreciated.

DD

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

If he was this good why were the Clipps dominated by Miami, and basically every team which has a legit front court? All you really need to do is watch Clips games to see how everything Jordan does offensively is because of Chris Paul and defensively, he gets lots of blocks but is a bad defender since he lets his opponents take shots so he could block them instead of busting his ass and playing good positional defense. 10M for Asik is already overpaying, and he is already a great defender. 10M for Jordan? No way :rolleyes:

As for DD he is using regular season to predict how DH will produce in the playoffs, forgetting that last year the same thing happened, DH played like crap in the regular season but showed up in the playoffs. I think this is one of those instances where he is way off-base, like when he said C-bud would become an allstar or AB is better than Lowry.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Except rox don't accept no trade clauses, and the money+situation will only apply if the Rockets were the only team who has the money. Remember when Chicago ran MJ out of town and then they were able to sign Tmac and Tim Duncan with the max space they had? Yeah neither did I :rolleyes:

Plus this is De Andre Jordan we're talking about, the "upgrade" of Jordan to Dwight if you can call it that is not worth all the fallout it can potentially cause. Dwight's contract is expiring in a couple of years, if he is really as washed out as you say then just let it expire and sign someone else. If you do this trade and DH, CP3 and Griffin form a deadly big 3 you just OKC'd yourself.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Omg, I can't believe these threads... I haven't been here long, but do these pop up a lot??? "Should we trade.... For..."? Lol, I find some of these interesting debate, while others are complete junk... I'm not saying this thread is that, but on this one maybe OP is Clippers fan... Lol, that team would be so crazy, having both Dwight and Griffin with CP3... I have been a life long Rockets fan, but if they made that trade I'd have to write the Rockets franchise off and I'm from Houston. I think if Houston did this trade they would have lost even sooner to the Blazers last year. Yes, we make fun D12 post game, but when he's in the playoffs he has a whole extra gear, and Jordan while serious about the PNR is all he has... Oh yeah and dunks... This trade would expose DMo because no one would take Jordan serious in the paint.

11. omgTHEpotential

12. omgTHEpotential

One thing I like about DeAndre Jordan is that he accepts and buys in into his role of being strictly a defensive garbage-man, shot-blocker and a rebounder. He's not trying to be Hakeem.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Because his offense is really really bad

14. Space City

Space City Member

15. omgTHEpotential

Well yes. If only Howard could accept PnR as his main offensive tool and try post-up less, just occasionally...

16. Kwame

Kwame Member

Maury had his chance to get DJ in the draft, but he passed on him for...wait for it, wait for it...Joey Dorsey.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ShI++y thread is sh!++y

Rocket River
    Amazing .. . people were talking about us trading too much and messing up chemistry
    now every knee jerk hack wants to trade for the flavor of the month . . . .

smh

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Sigh..................

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

12 people

opposed to 80 people.

you are overreacting.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

While we're at it, let's trade Harden and Ariza and get back Parsons and Martin... Oh yeah, let's sign Francis and McGrady too!!! I love playing real life like 2k!!!